Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 red + green Habs uniforms

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mikey Boy Posted - 11/10/2009 : 17:45:00
Who likes those red + green uniforms displayed by the Habs tonight?

MP
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
redneck76ca Posted - 11/12/2009 : 03:26:19
The jersey the Habs wore against the Leafs were the worst. It took me half way into the second to realise which team was which. The jerseys that they wore against the Flames were horrid as well though. The Flames probably thought "Why did we fly all the way across Canada just to play a divisional game?"

Side note:
At this point of the season, I would say that Gainey is beating Burke! By a very narrow margin. I think; however, that Burke will win out in the following seasons, as it is becoming increasingly obvious that the Habs' "Big Three" are too small and are getting bounced around by the Conference's big defenseman.
Porkchop73 Posted - 11/12/2009 : 02:37:26
I love how both this jersey and the stripped jersey had the good ol' Maple Leaf on the front.
Guest9690 Posted - 11/11/2009 : 19:46:30
quote:
Originally posted by irvine

Les Canadiens have some very awful alternate jerseys.

The red and green are not even the worst, when they wear those old time jerseys, I go blind. I can't even watch the game.

I thought they were the Wild for the 1st period. Kept on wondering why the announcers kept calling out Montreal and the Montreal players names.

What I do like about those unis are the gloves. Those were sweet. Old school look but new technology underneath. That's how you do the retro look.
irvine Posted - 11/11/2009 : 14:53:38
Les Canadiens have some very awful alternate jerseys.

The red and green are not even the worst, when they wear those old time jerseys, I go blind. I can't even watch the game.

You know, the ones with the red and white stripes. black too perhaps.

Irvine
Alex116 Posted - 11/11/2009 : 10:54:16
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2091

these uniforms are a one time deal....not new or anything, its to honour the past teams....100 year history. chill out.

Chill out? Sheesh, guys were just saying that they're ugly! There was no one saying the Habs suck because of them? I'd say you're the one who should chill out.....

As for the uni's, the one's they wore a couple weeks ago vs the Leafs had me confused! I thought they were the Leafs!
Guest5210 Posted - 11/11/2009 : 10:47:55
Ok. The choice for the colours is horrible. However, the guy who did choose these colours was the owner of the team at that time, who was a wrestler and a wrestling event promoter. Now we have the explanation for these colours.

To remain in the idea, I'd like to point out that the uniform worn by the Toronto St Patricks was one good exemple of bad taste. The orange uni of the Islanders gave me headaches, just like the yellow one of the Preds. The old bruins uni, which was white with reddish brown and yellow stripes, looks ridiculous. And what about the old Detroit Falcons shirt, which was red and white with a yellow logo? (http://www.nhluniforms.com/RedWings/RedWings05.html)

We could go on and on but we've got to remember that these were, the majority, at least (Orange Islanders!), old uniforms from the 30's or older, which mean they had the taste of that era.
Leafs81 Posted - 11/11/2009 : 10:04:18
quote:
Originally posted by lyall

Better than the Red White and Blue striped ones they wore a couple days back.

This was definetly the most ugly uniform and it was so painful to watch.

But the uniform they wore last night was allright. It's just not the Habs. They are 'le Tricolore' this means three colors Blue, Red and White. No green. This uniform just didn't suit them well at all. The goalie wore his regular equipment and he looked out of place with his team because he wasn't wearing the same colours.

Anyway I don't know why a team like the Canadiens are bringing all those ugly jerseys back. Both jerseys were ugly and they were a disgrace to the team's history. The symbol, the patern of the jersey and the colors were butchered.
Guest2091 Posted - 11/11/2009 : 05:43:43
these uniforms are a one time deal....not new or anything, its to honour the past teams....100 year history. chill out.
lyall Posted - 11/11/2009 : 00:59:06
Better than the Red White and Blue striped ones they wore a couple days back.
Mikey Boy Posted - 11/10/2009 : 18:07:16
i mean , i could see these uniforms being used if a team had a game a few days before Xmas...and if they whore santa hats instead of helmets, and used candy canes instead if sticks...only then should these uniforms be brought out!

MP
Alex116 Posted - 11/10/2009 : 17:57:58
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Definitely worst uniforms ever . . . well, in this era.

No one can beat the old "Nucks uniform with the V neck. Wearing that sweater to a game must have felt like wearing that horrible purple velvet sweater your aunt made you for your birthday . . . once.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Slozo, just got in and haven't seen the Habs jersey's yet but i'm gonna go look!

Those Canucks jersey's, i agree, were the most ridiculous things ever, even more so than Philly's Cooperall's or whatever those pants were called! One of the radio guys here actually claims to like those old Nucks ones? Calls them the "flying v's"? Where that came from, i have no idea, cuz they don't fly whatsoever! He wants them to make a third jersey in their current colours but in the form of the V jerseys. While i like the blue/green better than the orange/yellow/orange/yellow with a little black,, they'd still be tragic!
n/a Posted - 11/10/2009 : 17:54:20
Definitely worst uniforms ever . . . well, in this era.

No one can beat the old "Nucks uniform with the V neck. Wearing that sweater to a game must have felt like wearing that horrible purple velvet sweater your aunt made you for your birthday . . . once.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Mikey Boy Posted - 11/10/2009 : 17:48:36
I used to think that the Wild had the worst unies i have ever seen...however, after seeing those red and green uniforms the Habs sported tonight, i stand corrected!
by far the worst colours on a uniform ever!!!!!

MP

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page