Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 usa goaltenders - starter in 2010

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
phlyguy90 Posted - 11/25/2009 : 11:54:03
who starts in goal for team usa when the olympics roll around?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 11/26/2009 : 10:46:55
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7752

quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Miller, and not just because of this year. While he's def having the best year of the bunch, he's always been a pretty solid keeper.

Thomas, who i assume should be back in time, would be on my bench and prob Quick as the third as he's likely their up and comer for the future?

you're not giving anderson any acknowkedgement for his work so far?

Yeah, i thought about him, but i look at it this way. Unless he can get a top two spot, which is possible, but i don't see it happening, i wonder if they'd take a 28 year old as the third? I guess it's possible, but if i were picking the team, i'd strongly consider a younger guy to give him the Olympic experience for the future. It's a tough call, cuz who knows what the goaltending situation will be like in 4 more years for the US? Anderson could be the greatest goalie in the game then and will still only be 32 which isn't old for a goalie?

Really tough call, although the #3 guy isn't likely to see the ice.
Guest7752 Posted - 11/26/2009 : 08:28:36
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Miller, and not just because of this year. While he's def having the best year of the bunch, he's always been a pretty solid keeper.

Thomas, who i assume should be back in time, would be on my bench and prob Quick as the third as he's likely their up and comer for the future?

you're not giving anderson any acknowkedgement for his work so far?
Alex116 Posted - 11/25/2009 : 21:49:59

tbar Posted - 11/25/2009 : 13:46:19
I went with Shooter Tutor because USA will be watching all the medal games from the stands regardless of who plays net.
Tiller33 Posted - 11/25/2009 : 13:18:22
look at his contract he must be good .. right Garth Snow?

There's a lot of dirty old occ's around thats the problem
baumer Posted - 11/25/2009 : 13:08:16
Gotta be Miller. TSN just announced that Thomas has a broken hand, so it seems to be his job for the taking. Anderson is a pretty well suited back up. And just for kicks let DiPietro be on the team.
Guest7752 Posted - 11/25/2009 : 13:05:35
miller... with Anderson right up his butt if Miller makes one mistake.
Beans15 Posted - 11/25/2009 : 13:03:24
Miller has been better this year than almost any other goalie and definately any other American goalie.

Considering that Thomas has the latest Norris winner among his star studded defense, he also gets a thought.
It's also reported today that Thomas has a broken hand???

However,

Tyler Mayers, Craig Rivet, Henrik Tallinder, Chris Butler, Steve Montador, Andrej Sekera, Toni Lyndman, and Nathan Paetsch.

That's Buffalo's defensive core. I would venture to say that most people couldn't tell you much about at least 5 of those guys.

Miller has been doing more with less help. I take Miller without much thought.
Tiller33 Posted - 11/25/2009 : 12:44:58
I think it should be Ryan Miller because he has been stellar so far but after winning the Vezina i have a feeling it is Thomas's job to lose.

There's a lot of dirty old occ's around thats the problem
Leafs81 Posted - 11/25/2009 : 12:05:58
Ryan Miller.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page