Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Heatley Boo Tour!!!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gusteroni Posted - 11/27/2009 : 10:41:58
Dany Heatley will be hitting Edmonton tonight and will be playing Ottawa on Tuesday. So the question is where will he be booed more and is it warrented?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
irvine Posted - 11/27/2009 : 16:19:03
I won't be booing.

Not because I am not saddened by the loss of one of my favorite players, from my favorite team, but because I believe players have the right to want a trade (for whatever reason.)

If i'm not happy where I am working, I have the right to leave. And this is technically work for them, so I believe they should too. Even with the dollar amounts they make.

I am very sad by the loss of Heatley, Ottawa will certainly miss his skill. But, it's life.

Irvine
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 11/27/2009 : 13:03:01
Maybe. Cheechoo not withstanding, the trade worked out pretty good for Ottawa. Michalek is a cheaper brand of Heatley. Cheechoo could turn into a 3rd liner reliable player. I'll probably boo if he scores but otherwise I am alright with the results.
Gusteroni Posted - 11/27/2009 : 12:23:41
quote:
Originally posted by Guest1756

Do your homework folks...tthe game against Ottawa will be played in San Jose so he will hear far less boos there. Both Ottawa and Edmonton fans have big reason to boo as loud as possible though

Woops, I guess the Sharks don't even come to Ottawa this year. I guess that works for Heatley. I failed miserably on this home work assignment. Sorry folks. If you are a Sens fan though I'm sure you'll be booing...correct?

"There are only two seasons in Canada...hockey season and not hockey season."
Tiller33 Posted - 11/27/2009 : 12:11:10
More half empty beer cans will hit TV screens during the ottawa game though.

There's a lot of dirty old occ's around thats the problem
Guest1756 Posted - 11/27/2009 : 12:09:08
Do your homework folks...tthe game against Ottawa will be played in San Jose so he will hear far less boos there. Both Ottawa and Edmonton fans have big reason to boo as loud as possible though
Beans15 Posted - 11/27/2009 : 11:59:15
I'm sure the boo birds will be out in full force tonight. Especially being a Friday game, there will be a few more libations enjoyed. That being said, I will Laugh every time I hear it. Considering Edmonton was willing to trade Penner, Cogliano, and Smid for Heatley and all those 'fans' booing were saying that would for sure make Edmonton a playoff team.

Well, Penner is producing as well as Heatley and the team is no better off than it was last year.

If anything, the fans should cheer that we are getting the production from a player getting $2million less and still have Smid(playing well) and Cogliano(not playing well).

I think if anything it's Ottawa fans who should be jacked more than Edmonton.

But booing is still not cool.
Gusteroni Posted - 11/27/2009 : 10:48:13
I think fans of both teams have every right to boo Heatley. Edmonton fans are very passionate and I would say probably more vocal than Ottawa fans but I had to give the vote to Ottawa. Those fans should have no respect for him the way he left the team. It is going to be interesting to watch how he copes with it. He has to have some feelings for his old team and I think he will have a harder time playing in Ottawa.

"There are only two seasons in Canada...hockey season and not hockey season."

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page