Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Trivia & Other Games
 Gm Simulation: standings and league leaders

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nashvillepreds Posted - 11/22/2007 : 15:33:11
This is where all the rosters, free agents and standings will be posted for the Gm simulation game. Standings will only be posted once a week.

GO PREDATORS GO
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nashvillepreds Posted - 01/16/2008 : 16:29:50
I guess I can just try again next year.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 01/14/2008 : 20:41:02
quote:
Originally posted by nashvillepreds

Guys,

I'm sorry about the league. As it turns out I'm not able to run the league program on my new computer. (I switched from PC to a MAC) Due to this inconvenience, I will not be able to run the league. What I can do though is at the end of the season, I can use my friend's computer the sim up all the games and we can start in the playoffs. Anybody like this idea?

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

Well I dont like this idea because the standings wont be posted which means you wont be able to know whether to improve your team or not via trade or free agency.
I think we should make this almost like a keepers league and maybe continue for a couple seasons so it almost be like your a real gm and you can like rebuild your whole team if there sucking but thats just an idea.

Go Stars
nashvillepreds Posted - 01/12/2008 : 07:13:06
Guys,

I'm sorry about the league. As it turns out I'm not able to run the league program on my new computer. (I switched from PC to a MAC) Due to this inconvenience, I will not be able to run the league. What I can do though is at the end of the season, I can use my friend's computer the sim up all the games and we can start in the playoffs. Anybody like this idea?

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Ottawa Oilers Posted - 12/29/2007 : 20:25:44
My god im about to quit this if he doesn't get here soon....
kingwoody2 Posted - 12/26/2007 : 04:26:07
[quote]Originally posted by nashvillepreds

Merry christmas to you too. Some guy is coming to get my computer fixed on thursday! I'm going on vacation though on saturday so when I return this will be up and running again!

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
[/quote

Nash: You should have asked for a new computer for Christmas....Yours seems to break a lot... lol
colarox Posted - 12/25/2007 : 16:12:55
funny---------told you ...........eh?
quote:
Originally posted by nashvillepreds

quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

What's happened to Nash?? When is the funeral scheduled for??

My funeral was yesterday, sorry you missed it.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

go thrasher go!
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/25/2007 : 07:27:02
Merry christmas to you too. Some guy is coming to get my computer fixed on thursday! I'm going on vacation though on saturday so when I return this will be up and running again!

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
leafsfan_101 Posted - 12/25/2007 : 07:17:44
Finally Nash is back. Now lets see who is still in this thing. BTW Nash, could you post th Top 5 scoring Forwards and Top 3 Defense for Ottawa Oilers so we can continue with the Heatley negotiations.

P.S. Merry Christmas!
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/25/2007 : 06:30:16
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

My funeral was yesterday, sorry you missed it.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/25/2007 : 06:29:12
No I'm not dead my computer is broken. I'm on my friend's computer. Very sorry about the hold up. As soon as I get my computer fixed, I'll sim all the games and we'll be back up to date.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
ERTW0T9 Posted - 12/20/2007 : 15:39:20
Yeah, I'd assume so. Maybe Christmas and hockey pools just don't mix. Maybe he's just forgot about it.

Flyers
irvine Posted - 12/18/2007 : 03:43:31
i think this has overwhelmed him, perhaps?

Irvine
leafsfan_101 Posted - 12/15/2007 : 06:06:27
Guest8023 Posted - 12/14/2007 : 08:14:37
Nash: You still alive? No updates at all?
hkalirah Posted - 12/13/2007 : 06:47:49
How often are we going to get standings updates?

Go Wings Go!
harleymccoll Posted - 12/12/2007 : 19:28:22
can you post how LA is doing along with top 5 scorers? Thx
Ottawa Oilers Posted - 12/11/2007 : 15:13:30
Again Nash please my Top 5 scoring Forwards and Top 3 Defense. Also if Heatley isn't in The Top 5 (he better be) can I have hist stats aswell along with GP.

Thanks In Advance.
bluengold85 Posted - 12/11/2007 : 12:32:35
i also vote no....we didnt do this simulation to stack our teams....
ERTW0T9 Posted - 12/10/2007 : 17:27:59
I vote no, as already seen. Thrashers, defensive depth? what are you looking at? contact me on the trade page.

Flyers
talented Posted - 12/10/2007 : 16:36:15
Thrashers,

I'm slightly interested, what would you suggest?

Next time post on the Trade Talk thread.

-Avalanche
colarox Posted - 12/10/2007 : 10:04:29
i need defense....................who wants to trade with me?

go thrasher go!
colarox Posted - 12/10/2007 : 10:01:44
can i see my top 5 scorers? (thrashers)

go thrasher go!
leafsfan_101 Posted - 12/09/2007 : 15:43:16
Hey Nash,
Could you post the Stat line for Heatley. Just want Sens to see it so that we can continue with the process of out trade. He actually asked for his Top 5 scorers and his Top scoring D. Thanks.
Ottawa Oilers Posted - 12/09/2007 : 14:29:33
I would say yes and make an argument but I see no point since 5 people have already said no...
leafsfan_101 Posted - 12/09/2007 : 14:25:13
My vote is: not be allowed.
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/09/2007 : 13:56:47
I guess we can have a vote.

Yes, if you want computer trades

No, if you don't.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
bluengold85 Posted - 12/09/2007 : 10:30:47
i agree as well....if you wanted these players you should have taken their team and not your current one.... trades with comp teams should not be allowed period
kingwoody2 Posted - 12/08/2007 : 19:01:45
quote:
Originally posted by ERTW0T9

quote:
Originally posted by talented

quote:
Originally posted by Ottawa Oilers

Nass how do we trade with computer teams?

I feel like trades with computer teams would defeat the purpose of this entire simulation. When playing and trading against other people, there are checks and balances in place to at least assure some level of fairness in the trade. Assuming of course the relative competence of the people in the simulation.

The problem with computer trades, especially if Nash allows a one stat point upgrade, is that it will reduce the amount of person to person trades that are offered, which is the fun part of this whole game. I mean, why would I offer a trade trying to upgrade my team at right wing to a person, whose going to require something equivalent in return, when I could just go to a computer team and upgrade one stat point right away.

Also, it would be way harder to prevent succesive upgrading, like what was originally tried using free agency, dropping multiple players in a row to pick up a highly rated player. This is because it would be successive trades, potentially with different teams involved. We'd need a permanent watchdog to make sure stuff like that doesn't go on.

All in all, I think its a bad idea, but it's not up to me, so please feel free to comment on my theory, especially if you agree. If you don't agree, well then I'd prefer it if you didn't post, lol.

I agree with Talented on this one. Really the point of all of this is to formulate lines via trade with the teams available. Another problem would be if one player were to deplete another computer team's lineup to upgrade in certain positions. A lot of teams have strength in defence or centre but lack in other areas so by picking up a good player for another player in an area of abundance, is really unfair. Things should remain the way they are and exclude computer teams as far as I'm concerned.

Flyers

Same here. I don't think trades with computer teams should be allowed
ERTW0T9 Posted - 12/08/2007 : 17:52:33
quote:
Originally posted by talented

quote:

I feel like trades with computer teams would defeat the purpose of this entire simulation. When playing and trading against other people, there are checks and balances in place to at least assure some level of fairness in the trade. Assuming of course the relative competence of the people in the simulation.

The problem with computer trades, especially if Nash allows a one stat point upgrade, is that it will reduce the amount of person to person trades that are offered, which is the fun part of this whole game. I mean, why would I offer a trade trying to upgrade my team at right wing to a person, whose going to require something equivalent in return, when I could just go to a computer team and upgrade one stat point right away.

Also, it would be way harder to prevent succesive upgrading, like what was originally tried using free agency, dropping multiple players in a row to pick up a highly rated player. This is because it would be successive trades, potentially with different teams involved. We'd need a permanent watchdog to make sure stuff like that doesn't go on.

All in all, I think its a bad idea, but it's not up to me, so please feel free to comment on my theory, especially if you agree. If you don't agree, well then I'd prefer it if you didn't post, lol.

I agree with Talented on this one. Really the point of all of this is to formulate lines via trade with the teams available. Another problem would be if one player were to deplete another computer team's lineup to upgrade in certain positions. A lot of teams have strength in defence or centre but lack in other areas so by picking up a good player for another player in an area of abundance, is really unfair. Things should remain the way they are and exclude computer teams as far as I'm concerned.

Flyers
harleymccoll Posted - 12/08/2007 : 16:14:36
Nash, do you think you can post my roster for me? Im confused as how to get it. thanks
talented Posted - 12/08/2007 : 16:00:50
quote:

Thrasher17 Posted - 12/08/2007 : 13:39:13
can i get my teams top 5 point getters please? (Rangers)

thanks
Ottawa Oilers Posted - 12/08/2007 : 13:25:23
Can it be like FA's where has to be 1 overall point below or higher?
Ottawa Oilers Posted - 12/08/2007 : 13:24:52
Can I get Toews for Vermette.
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/08/2007 : 13:23:33
I'm hvaing tru=ouble running for all stats but I have overall.

Kane- 86
Toews- 82

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Ottawa Oilers Posted - 12/08/2007 : 13:20:59
Ok, can I ahve stats and/or overalls for Kane and Toews.
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/08/2007 : 12:32:18
quote:

It has to be average for average like 82 for 82. It also must be the same position.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/08/2007 : 12:31:42
quote:
Originally posted by harleymccoll

How do we know the overall of our players, where do we find out?

Sprry about the hold up. I will have both new rosters by 5 pm pst tonight.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Ottawa Oilers Posted - 12/08/2007 : 11:11:07
Ottawa Oilers Posted - 12/08/2007 : 11:10:28
They are beside there names on the original roster Nash posted.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page