Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Trivia & Other Games
 Will Hossa re-sign a deal with Atlanta?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4590 Posted - 01/28/2008 : 21:33:32
Hossa might re-sign a deal with Atlanta but if not who?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 01/29/2008 : 19:12:57
I don't think it's a GM's first choice to make a trade inside of his division or conference. However, I also don't think a GM would turn down a good deal with a rival team or a team in their division/conference.

That being said, Hossa has said he is actually wanting to stay in ATL but wants to see the steps they take to build.

I would think Burke was looking at Hossa before Selanne came back, but not now.

Ottawa, wasn't he there already?? Not like they need anymore offensive help.

Colorado?? That's a lot of dollars tied into Smyth, Hedjuk, and Sakic(about $18 million). However, is Sakic hangs up the skates this year, there will be money. Brunette, Liles, and Svatos are their bigger UFA's next year. More importantly, Wolski and Svatos are RFA's this year and Stastny next year. If they want Hossa, they have a number of decisions to make only some good young talent.

Vancouver?? They definately are looking for offense all the time, but more secondary scoring. I can only see Hossa going to the coast if Nasland does not re-sign there and goes else where. It's tough with the egos of the Sedin Sisters, Nasland, and Hossa. All are 1st line players, one guy would be odd man out.

Minnesota, another likely chance. Demitra, Rolston, and Radivojevic are all UFA's this summer. With Demitra's glass groin, the Minny brass might want to bring in a different Slovak to come and play with Gaborik. Or, they might want all three and pass on Rolston??

St. Louis?? I can't see that one. I think they have a core they want to run with. Not saying it won't happen, but I would think not likely.

Personally, I would say that Minny makes the most sense. They have an environment where I think Hossa would thrive in. I would say that Lemaire would just let those Crazy Slovaks go nuts and toss the puck in the net. They would have to more than likely give up Rolston(who is also a UFA this year, a d-man or goalie and a fairly high pick or decent prospect. I would think ATL would be looking for Brent Burns but that is not happening. Burns will be a franchise d-man in 2-3 years, mark my words.

I don't like that thought as an Oiler fan, but as a hockey fan that would be pretty good. Might just put a solid Minnesota team over the hump in the Uber Competative NW divison.
Thrasher17 Posted - 01/29/2008 : 19:08:29
The only way I see him getting traded is if altlanta is out of the playoff race. With their division however, the race will probably be quite close right up to the very end unless one team goes on a huge win streak.

But if Atlanta does fall out of the playoff race I would guess Hossa would be traded. At that point it won't matter to who. Probably just the highest bidder.

I would love to see them trade Hossa for a couple of young guys/draft picks and get some depth. Then they could try to re-sign him in the off-season. And if they can't get him I'm sure they could find a nice center suitable to play on the first line with Kovy. Just imagine the possibilities if Kovy was playing with someone better than Todd White.
Guest8815 Posted - 01/29/2008 : 18:18:30
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

I don't see why they could send such an offensive weapon to someone in the same conference. I think if they do deal him he is going to get shipped out west. St.Louis, Minnesota, and Colorado might be interested in him.

Time and time again people say this as a reason. Do you think the GM's really care where he goes? I doubt it. I bet the only thing they care about is what they got back. Hell I bet Edmonton would have traded Smitty to Calgary if the deal was there. Anyways my guess would be that 1st and for most they'll try there best to get him signed but if a deal has to be done I'd say some high bidders would be Colorado, Vancouver, Islanders, Hurricanes, Canadiens and maybe even San Jose.
PainTrain Posted - 01/29/2008 : 18:06:17
First of all they probably have no cap room for Marian. I doubt the Ducks will make any more trades. Maybe small little ones but nothing big.
PainTrain Posted - 01/29/2008 : 16:34:06
I don't see why they could send such an offensive weapon to someone in the same conference. I think if they do deal him he is going to get shipped out west. St.Louis, Minnesota, and Colorado might be interested in him.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page