Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey History
 Lafleur was honest and unbeatable

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest7888 Posted - 02/23/2007 : 17:09:59
Its chooch; Guy didnt try to score in the last minute of a blowout to rack up some useless points or goals. He didnt care for the spotlght.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Saku Steen Posted - 02/24/2007 : 04:15:14
My Dad has told me many stories about Lafleur. His favourite story though is, while he was living in Liverpool he went to a coffee shop wearing a Montreal hat. Lefleur was down for a game (old-timers) and he saw my Dad wearing the hat. Just because of that, he had coffee with him and gave him tickets to the game. I think that was a pretty cool thing to do. So he wasnt just a great player, he was a great guy too.
tctitans Posted - 02/23/2007 : 20:49:26
I'm in agreement... I dont remember very many players who could fly down the wing (Hair fluttering..) and pick the far corner with a slapshot from just inside the blueline quite like the Flower.
willus3 Posted - 02/23/2007 : 18:52:43
Lafleur was pretty special. His top speed was incredible. Although I think the hair blowin in the wind may have made him appear faster. lol
What a talent though. All natural ability. I've heard more than a couple people claim he was the best ever. I don't think I'd go that far but he is definitely right there with the greats.
leigh Posted - 02/23/2007 : 17:26:58
Guy was awesome to watch. I wear number 10 because of him. He was officially my first favourite player when I was a little fella in the early 70's. My dad was always frustrated because he was a leafs fan and here was his 6 year old son defying him and cheering for the Habs because of LaFleur. Makes me laugh thinking about it.

Guy, sweet end to end rushes, streaking down the wing with his hair flying in the wind. Then he'd go to the bench and have a smoke. hahaha! Old school baby!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page