Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey History
 Hated Players

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest8336 Posted - 03/03/2007 : 08:37:14
Name some of the players you absolutely hated and why.

Brian Marchment has to be tops on my list. As far as I'm concerned he should have been banned from hockey. For the most part I don't have a problem with playing dirty from time to time but this guy would intentionally try to injure guys with knee on knee hits. Season or career ending injuries. Useless piece of trash.
32   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
manninm Posted - 03/29/2007 : 09:05:42
Lemieux and Barnaby no doubt my top two. These guys made a career out of turtling, which in my opinion is the worst thing you can do in hockey
Guest2897 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 12:56:18
Hasek: for being the most obvious diver in all of sport

Darian Hatcher: for being the most overrated defenceman in the league...ok ok I will tone that down, most overpaid. The fans and teams now realize what a waste of money he is to any organization with the new NHL system

Anson Carter: for thinking he is worth $3 million. We all knew the Sedins were the only reason he had any points. He has proved that this season in Columbus and now in his 5 minutes per game in Carolina. He will be lucky to make $1 million next season.

Bryan Marchment: Multiple cheap shots

Donald Brashear:
Goats non-fighters into fights when he can beat nearly everybody in the league. A special thanks to Shanahan for fighting him this season and holding his own.

I will stop there
PENSFAN8771 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 09:54:02
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4040

i knew bertuzzis name would be up here but how could u still hate him?

quote:
Originally posted by Guest9671

Derrian Hatcher and Chris Chelios

It's easy to hate Bertuzzi and other players who are guilty of cheap plays for periods extending well beyond their suspensions. It's a black eye for the sport, so as a fan of the game, I hate him. I hate things that make the sport look bad. It's like if I was an NFL or NBA fan, I would be opposed to the thuggery those players do outside of the sporting arena. I hate the dismissal of what he did as "he did his time" and that's it. The scars that he caused to the game (and Steve Moore's vertebral column) are still there. I won't forget it and will cheer against any team he plays for for the remainder of his career. God I hope the Penguins never get him!
And Chelios and Hatcher? Most hated? Chelios? The guy who paid for the damage the US hockey team did at the 2002 Olympics even though he personally was cleared of any wrongdoing? Hatcher? My mom used to hate Hatcher because he hit to hard, but I think that's a pretty piss poor reason to hate him. He's physical, but not cheap.
Please explain your hatred. Maybe you cut from the Motor City Mechanics because these guys played there during the lockout?
Mikhailova Posted - 03/27/2007 : 15:59:18
quote:
Originally posted by juice32

The player I hate the most has got to be Dominic Hasak. He is Soooooo overrated.

Yeah, which is why he's 4th in the league for wins, 1st for GAA, 3rd in shutouts (10th of all time), and has a .910 save %...
Saku Steen Posted - 03/27/2007 : 12:46:26
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9671

Why would you hate these players?
Guest9671 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 12:06:16
Saku Steen Posted - 03/27/2007 : 11:56:10
I agree juice (nice name) that Hesek is way overrated.
juice32 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 10:56:05

The player I hate the most has got to be Dominic Hasak. He is Soooooo overrated.

Honorable Mention also goes to:
Darcy Tucker (and i'm a leafs fan)
Any Montreal Canadian Palyer (especially Kovalev)
And JFJ (this guy is by far the worst GM in the entire leauge)
hithere311 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 08:54:27
Just because its Gretzky doesn't mean its dirty. Wayne had his head down too.
leigh Posted - 03/08/2007 : 22:38:00
quote:
Originally posted by PuckNuts

Chris Simon, after the cheep shot on Ryan Hollweg...se you in 10-15 games...

You beat me to it PuckNuts. I was just about to add Simon to the list for that tree chop of a move tonight! Wow! that was ugly. I'd be surprised if he got less than the remainder of the season. Maybe the playoffs too??
PuckNuts Posted - 03/08/2007 : 21:15:38
Chris Simon, after the cheep shot on Ryan Hollweg...see you in 10-15 games...

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright, until they speak...
jbraiter Posted - 03/08/2007 : 16:01:25
quote:
Originally posted by pucker

Personally I liked Lemieux. I like the Devils, and I always picked him in my playoff pool because he brought it every game. He is dirty, but he is a winner.

Why would you need a dirty player in a hockey pool? You need points
willus3 Posted - 03/08/2007 : 15:36:58
quote:
Originally posted by pucker

Personally I liked Lemieux. I like the Devils, and I always picked him in my playoff pool because he brought it every game. He is dirty, but he is a winner.

I hated Lemieux but i wouldn't have want him on any other team but mine.
willus3 Posted - 03/08/2007 : 15:35:40
quote:
Originally posted by framer87

quote:
Originally posted by willus3

You know, it's really bizarre about Suter. He's not really what you'd call a dirty player and yet he has become famous for two dirty hits. I still say the Gretzky hit was borderline dirty. The Kariya hit however was just completely wrong. I'm still shocked that he did that.

Borderline He hit him from behind right near the boards and then he went head first into the boards. Thats dirty.

It's not really from behind. Gretz turned at the last moment and dropped his shoulder. He was obviously not expecting to get hit. He dodged the first check and must have thought he was in the clear. He hit the boards awkwardly because of the distance he was away from them. That kind of hit is fairly routine in an NHL game. But because it was Gretzky in an international tournament it was blown out of proportion.
pucker Posted - 03/08/2007 : 14:15:14
pucker Posted - 03/08/2007 : 14:13:29
quote:
Originally posted by jbraiter

Tucker, Alfredson, Heatley and flyers gm what a f** kesler isnt worth 1.7 mil

Go Canucks

THe question was why you hate them. And take your grade seven name calling to another forum.
framer87 Posted - 03/08/2007 : 14:06:19
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

You know, it's really bizarre about Suter. He's not really what you'd call a dirty player and yet he has become famous for two dirty hits. I still say the Gretzky hit was borderline dirty. The Kariya hit however was just completely wrong. I'm still shocked that he did that.

Borderline He hit him from behind right near the boards and then he went head first into the boards. Thats dirty.
Guest4040 Posted - 03/07/2007 : 21:50:38
i knew bertuzzis name would be up here but how could u still hate him?
hes done his time hes paid the consequences. the hit on moore wasnt premeditated and im absolutely sure he didnt mean to hurt him like that. hell, he cried when he apologized. if the nhl suspended moore on that hit on naslund(by the way nazzy was leading in goal scoring until he got concussed) then this wouldnt of happened! it makes me sad to see how this ruined bertuzzis career. he went form being one of the most loved players in the league to the most hated. i hope he rips it up in detroit. actually i dont hope he does.. he will rip it up!
PuckNuts Posted - 03/07/2007 : 20:43:25
Well I will beg to differ on the Suter hit on Gretzky, it is at the end of coaches corner, so be patient...it also shows the cross check on Karyia...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pmY1HGlrqA

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright, until they speak...
willus3 Posted - 03/07/2007 : 19:54:45
PuckNuts Posted - 03/04/2007 : 11:16:11
Gary Suter, because of the hits on Gretzky and Kariya...

wyntyre Posted - 03/04/2007 : 10:10:58
HEY HEY HEY...Marchment was "good" with CGY last year...nothin' too dirty....but yeah...he still sucks....my hated players are Tucker....I just have a thing against tuckers....I also really hate Lee Goren in the "A" he's thinks he's Gordie Howe with the elbows but in the show he's useless..as well...I hate Al Montoya....worst goalie ever and Dan Cloutier...I could go on but I'll stop there

Can't go...The Roads Are Dirty
tctitans Posted - 03/04/2007 : 09:41:46
Theoren Fleury.
Liked to play on the edge, a bit dirty, and instigate melees, but was never around to back them up...
PuckNuts Posted - 03/04/2007 : 08:41:15
Claude "Turtle" Lemieux
Ulf Samuelsson

Patchy Posted - 03/03/2007 : 11:44:33
definatly claude lemieux. But if I could include Kerry Fraser, I would

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Mikhailova Posted - 03/03/2007 : 10:47:14
Let's hope IHC doesn't find this topic
jbraiter Posted - 03/03/2007 : 09:53:24
Tucker, Alfredson, Heatley and flyers gm what a f** kesler isnt worth 1.7 mil

Go Canucks
willus3 Posted - 03/03/2007 : 09:45:42
Just to clarify, this wasn't just for current players. Don't forget about some of the past players. Guys like Terrible Ted Lindsay, Tikkanen, Claude Lemieux.
Pucknuts you must have some thoughts.
Beans15 Posted - 03/03/2007 : 09:33:45
Bertuzzi, Tucker, Torres.

But above all, Barnaby. What a tool
Saku Steen Posted - 03/03/2007 : 09:30:23
Todd Bertuzzi (That cheap shot on Moore)
Anson Carter (Way over rated)
Darcy Tucker (He runs around like a mad man)
willus3 Posted - 03/03/2007 : 08:45:45
Woops, this was my post. Damn sign in feature.
I think he retired last year. And i guess he spells his name with a y. Bryan. Soooo sorry Bryan.
jbraiter Posted - 03/03/2007 : 08:39:18
Is Brian Marchment still in the nhl?

Go Canucks

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page