Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey History
 Best Hitter You've Seen Play.

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
willus3 Posted - 05/10/2007 : 06:35:19
Who that you've seen has consistently laid out big hits?

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
99pickles Posted - 05/12/2007 : 02:52:58
If you look real close after Stevens hits Lindros, you can actually see stars and tweetie birds spinning around his head! Also, I felt sooo bad for Ronnie Franchise when Scott stunned him in the first round playoff game a few years ago. After the game Scott admitted feeling badly about delivering that one, but that it was a part of the game. Francis went on the record to say that it was a pure clean hit too. I have never seen Scott Stevens hit with the intent to hurt a guy. He may have been the last great hitter.
GOWINGS19 Posted - 05/11/2007 : 10:19:41
Cam Neely definitely ...and apparently larry robinson haha i'd never seen that hit before wow

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
Saku Steen Posted - 05/11/2007 : 04:14:43
Scott Stenvens was a pretty sweet hitter. He sorta backed up to the reciever and just smoked them.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 05/10/2007 : 23:13:22
Scott Stevens i think is the best but Kaparitus does throw sweet hip checks

Good Playoffs Canucks Better luck next season now i cheer the WINGS AND DEVILS GO
fly4apuckguy Posted - 05/10/2007 : 21:21:50
Wendel Clark or Cam Neely.

Scott Stevens was a great hitter, too. I think there is a difference between hitting to cause pain and hitting to injure. I don't think he hit to injure, but he definitely hit to cause pain. Some of his hits resulted in innjury, but from the incredible collision, not dirtiness.

A guy like Ulfie Samuelson hit to injure. And just to prove I am not simply biased against Swedes, so did Craig Muni and Bryan Marchment, both Canadians I had little respect for.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz
PainTrain Posted - 05/10/2007 : 20:04:40
Scott Stevens. Kariya is still hurting.
Patchy Posted - 05/10/2007 : 19:59:35
Rob Blake was and is one of the best hitters. Although you have to admit, Kasparitis could throw a sweet hip check..

~~Go Leafs Go~~
PuckNuts Posted - 05/10/2007 : 19:34:05
Well I am glad you agree Beans, but before Wendel there was a player in the 70's for Toronto, he never seemed to be rushing the puck up the ice, but if you cut across the blue line he would stand you up...I remember seeing him wearing a neck support (like the padded ones they use in football). He finished +65 for his career and he went by the name of Brian Glennie...anyone remember him...

Lead, follow, or get out of the way...
Beans15 Posted - 05/10/2007 : 18:48:38
I totally agree with Pucknuts. Wendel Clark was just awesome.

Can't disagree with Willus either, just never really watched those guys play.
PuckNuts Posted - 05/10/2007 : 11:03:07
Wendel Clark...

Lead, follow, or get out of the way...
willus3 Posted - 05/10/2007 : 07:44:55
There have been some huge hitters over the years. I think the three best I've seen would be Larry Robinson, Brad Park and Denis Potvin. The hip checks all of these guys could deliver would leave guys rattled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKd4HJNSbQg

Many will say Scott Stevens. He was definitely a huge hitter. I feel he hit ofr the wrong reasons though. The way he hit guys there is a high probability that the guy is going to get hurt. And he hurt quite a few guys. I don't like guys that intentionally try and hurt players. But that's another discussion entirely.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page