Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey History
 Reverse Roles

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
willus3 Posted - 05/24/2007 : 12:53:09
Here's an interesting idea to exercise your imagination.
Take your favourite player and change his position on the ice and hypothesize how he would do in the new role. This probably won't work so well with goalies. I'm thinking it's more for skaters. For example take a guy who played wing and make him defense or vice versa.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
willus3 Posted - 05/25/2007 : 11:59:13
I think the guys with all around games would have little problem adapting to a new position. Forsberg could just as easily have played defense and been quite effective at it. I think Messier would have made a great defenseman also.
Scott Niedermeyer is in my opinion the best player in the league right now and I think he would have no problem at all being an elite forward.
Lindros would have made a great defenseman. He might have even had a better career.
Paul Coffey should have been a forward. Trottier would have made a very effective defenseman.
Mario as a d-man could have been very interesting. When he applied himself defensively (which wasn't often) it was actually scary how good he was at it.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
I´m also Cånädiön Posted - 05/25/2007 : 09:30:47
Forsberg would have no problem playing all positions, in fact I would like to have a team of forsberg clones.....I´m not so sure about the idea of having him as a goalie that´s something he has to work on.

(Time differance Pickuphockey-Sweden approx +9 hours 1min 5sek......so I can always blame it on Jetlag.)
Beans15 Posted - 05/24/2007 : 15:29:46
See, I think there is more to this that just a simple switch. Physically, certain players are better suited for certain positions. As you well know, my favorite player was Gretzky. Gretzky on defense?? A 170lbs guy on the blue line doesn't work. It could, but they guy would have to be an amazing skates and have the best stick in the game. Gretzky was not that guy. He would not have made a great defensemen.

I agree with tctitans as well. Moving a d-man up appears to be more logical than moving a forward back in most cases. I have been begging for years to see MA Bergeron as a forward. With his speed, elusiveness, and shot- he would make a great sniper.

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??
Mikhailova Posted - 05/24/2007 : 14:05:28
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

This probably won't work so well with goalies. I'm thinking it's more for skaters. For example take a guy who played wing and make him defense or vice versa.

Darn, you caught my loophole! I was going to say let's make Crosby a goalie and see how well he's doing
tctitans Posted - 05/24/2007 : 13:42:12
Moving a defensement up to play a forward position isnt such a bad thought (and has certainly been done countless times). I think it is a lot uglier when you try to make a poor forward try and play defense. *cringe*, I can see it now... Rick Middleton trying to skate backwards and use the can-opener on a flying Denis Savard... *ouch*

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page