Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey History
 Theo Fleury

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Go Flames Go Posted - 11/27/2007 : 12:57:44
I grew up loving Theo Fleury ever since the flames won the cup in 89. He was the most passionate player I have ever seen play, put aside his personal deamons, he was a great hockey player. What I'm wondering is what everyone else thinks about Theo. He had an outstanding playing career both internationally and in the NHL, and had a heart that few others could ever match. Do you think he is hall of fame worthy?

Paul William Lewis
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
willus3 Posted - 12/06/2007 : 14:24:24
Apparently Theo has a reality TV show in the works. Check it out here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5GzC0HkYDE
And here's his business website...
http://www.fleurysconcrete.com/index.asp

"I'm a man of principle... or not. Whatever the situation calls for." - Alan Shore
Go Flames Go Posted - 11/28/2007 : 20:00:01
This is good to see. I've always loved Theo, so my opinon is a little biased. He always gets a bad rep for his time in Chicago, but he's been through a lot and we shouldn't hold his personal probelms against him. It's not like he was taking steroids or betting on the games or anything else that might be detremental to the NHL. Theo's edge is what made him so great. He did have pure talent to go along eith that, but I think his heart is where his success came from. He's just shy of 500 goals, he's over a point per game in both regular season and playoff hockey, he has a gold medal and a stanley cup, and he really beat the odds. I think it's time the Flames honour this man for what he did for that team, retire his number and have his name ever affiliated with the Calgary Flames. I have never seen anyone ever get as excited about a goal as Theo, that toothless smile shows more passion then most will ever dream of.

Paul William Lewis
nashvillepreds Posted - 11/28/2007 : 15:19:22
Even in his last years at top level hockey, in the 202 Olympics, he was by far the best player on the ice in the gold medal game aginst the USA. He was every where, hitting people, setting up plays, whatever it was, Fleury was doing it that time. Such an outstanding player.

GO PREDATORS GO
LeafsFan4Life Posted - 11/28/2007 : 13:41:13
theo fleury was one of the best natural hockey players that i ever had the pleasure to watch, always played with alot of heart and also played with a tonne of skill, i would think he would be a great cannidate for the hhof, because he was a natural pure hockey player, and great that he still is the part owner of the calgary hitman

Long Live Hockey
n/a Posted - 11/28/2007 : 09:05:36
I loved Theo Fleury . . . a pleasure to watch. What a heart that guy had. Was always the feistiest little bugger on the ice, and I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Don't know if he had the numbers to go in the hall, but as a sentimental fave, he'd be a shoo-in.
bluengold85 Posted - 11/28/2007 : 08:56:44
i actually was lucky enough to meet Theo in person as the family I grew up at (babysitter) their daughter married Theo. He has one of the biggest hearts I have ever seen, and thats just not on the ice. It was really too bad he got caught up in drinking and others as he could have been one of the best players to play the game. It just shows you dont have to be 6'2 200 lbs to be successful.
nashvillepreds Posted - 11/27/2007 : 16:49:52
Great player. He did the ipossible as many people have said, made the NHl at 5 foot 6 I believe and he was better than a lot of the players of his time.

GO PREDATORS GO
hkalirah Posted - 11/27/2007 : 13:16:58
Personal demon’s aside, he was a pleasure to watch.

I remember him crashing people into the boards during the Salt Lake City Olympics. He made 5 or 6 hits in a 2 minute period, and it had me cheering and jumping out of my seat.

It’s actually one of my favourite hockey moments of all time.

Go Wings Go!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page