Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Heads Up!
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Rink Stink!
 Hockey Pool Do's and Don't Part II

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The 4th Line Banger Posted - 09/29/2010 : 17:05:53
For the second on three installments on draft strategy:

Do Measure your Goalie Pick Wisely

In most drafts I have been a part of everyone needs one goalie but can’t have more than one. If that is the case in your draft, consider the number of people in your draft. I would suggest that most snake drafts are 10-15 people. If that is the case, you are assured one of the top 15 goalies. Unless you can get your hands on one of the top 3-5 guys(Brodeur, Luongo, Lundvist, Miller, Kipprusoff) then wait until your last pick for your goalie. Don’t waste your earlier round picks for a player that will be there at the end anyway. The difference between the 6th goalie and the 15th goalie is really insignificant and quite predictable. Spend your mid-late round picks on players with potential to produce more than projected. Don’t worry, a good goalie will still be there in the end.

Don’t spend your research time on 1st-3rd Round Picks

Really, a computer can pick most people’s first 2-3 rounds of the draft and definitely the first round. It will be the exact same players as every other draft in North America with a few changes to the order. Knowing that, don’t waste your time trying to figure out how you will get your friends to let Ovechkin to fall to 10th overall. Spend your time doing your research between the 40th and 120th ranked scorers from last season. That should be rounds 4-10 in most drafts and that is where you will win. You can definitely lose your draft if you make a fatal mistake in the first round but that pick doesn’t win the draft. For example, picking Ovechkin 1st overall in a draft last year did not win the draft. What won my draft was picking Loui Eriksson in the 7th round. His 71 points was 25 pts higher than average for that round. 95% of the time a draft is won by one player over achieving. Find your Loui Eriksson and start counting your cash.

Have an opinion on The Fourth Line Banger's article? Let us know. Just hit reply below and post your thoughts. Anything goes...but keep it clean.
PickupHockey.com is your online hockey community. We're always looking for sharp volunteer writers. If you feel that you'd like to contribute please send us an email at admin at pickuphockey.com

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page