Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Your Logos & Jerseys
 New Tampa Bay Lightning and Jersey design

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
just1n Posted - 02/15/2011 : 12:23:17
Hey gang. The Lightning released an updated logo design and jerseys today (or at least today is when I heard about it).

First, some info:
- Logo: http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/the_tampa_bay_lightning_lack_voltage.php
- http://lightning.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=67548

First, I find it very strange that they would launch this during the season and not wear the uniforms right away. There's some decent reasoning for that on the 2nd link I posted, but I'm still not sure about this.

I'm very surprised to see a team go to a two color scheme, I didn't think that would ever happen. Obviously very similar to the Maple Leafs. It's a "classic" look, and very simple which I can't say I dislike. I'm still not sure about it though, it can also be viewed as a bit plain. I didn't mind the current jerseys, but anything is an improvement on the original TB logo, ugh.

Quite the change from the 90's though, when slanted lines and gross colors like teal, purple and green where all the rage!

What do you guys think?

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
OILINONTARIO Posted - 02/16/2011 : 15:34:38
Number 7 apparently matches up almost exactly to a diagram of a uterus! Nicknamed the "Mooterus" in Dallas at the time.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2012.
T-RAV Posted - 02/16/2011 : 03:01:07
The new Tampa sweaters look simple. I don't dislike it. It certainly does look like the Leafs sweater tho. As for ugliest sweaters I go with Vancouver's "flying V" at #8 and the Kings third sweater at #6 is bloody atrocious. Yuck! But I actually like the Coyotes "robot coyote" at #5.

Peace and Respect
Guest7694 Posted - 02/15/2011 : 22:22:18
Timeless and simple. "Has a real original 6 feel to it", says some poster from the link provided. Well, that's probably because it IS an original 6 jersey -- just with the logo from a sunglasses company.
http://www.electricvisual.com/
Sorry, Maple Leafs, we just thought your jersey was so cool. Hope you don't mind if we use it! Thx!
It will look so silly when they play eachother.

Timeless and simple. Too bad every other team is trying to make their jerseys look like an original 6 team as well. Blues 3rd Jersey, Wild 3rd and Home Jerseys, Coyotes regular jerseys. New is cool. Vintage is cool but not quite as cool. Brand new but looks old is the Tits! I suppose pre-ripped jeans are going to come back into style too.

And about those 10 ugliest jerseys.

10. Those penguins jerseys are fine.
9. Those Thrashers jerseys are dope! They aren't trying be a classic team. Because they aren't.
8. Canucks flying V. Belongs there, but they have a place in my heart.
7.Indeed ugly.
6. Terrible logo, but more should be done by teams with a crest/logo there. A crest/logo there can make for a clean simple look that would definitely prove to be timeless.
5,4,3,2,1 All suck.

That is all.
polishexpress Posted - 02/15/2011 : 22:05:26
This is old news, the lighting officially unveiled this just over two weeks ago, on January 31, 2011.

Here are some more photos from the club site: http://lightning.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=20070

Someone mentioned their similarity to the Leafs, and for me, they are too much like Toronto Maple Leafs colours. When they will play in their new jerseys, I'll have to check who is playing TO or TB!
leigh Posted - 02/15/2011 : 21:13:10
Great link justin. The Canucks and Mighty Ducks ones are pretty bad, but the worst one is the LA Kings one is the absolute worst!
just1n Posted - 02/15/2011 : 15:07:34
Yeah, I thought that too. Trying to look classic but it ends up looking like it's out of a comic book a bit for sure.

I'm pretty tired of the circle logo they are using for the shoulder patch too. Florida, Nashville, Minnesota, St. Louis (did I miss any?) are all using that in some way, mostly for third jerseys.

Hard to draw the line between too far out there and boring though! Here's some of the uglier ones we've seen:
http://mattgunn.wordpress.com/2007/06/01/the-top-10-ugliest-nhl-jerseys/
leigh Posted - 02/15/2011 : 14:36:23
It looks like something out of a Marvel comic book.
semin-rules Posted - 02/15/2011 : 14:24:16
I really like them actually !
They look super different but in a good way. I like the away jerseys better the home though. I like how it says "Tampa" over top the
logo. It's a nice change and I see nothing wrong with at all !

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page