Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Calgary
 Tanguay Re-signs with Flames

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leigh Posted - 06/27/2011 : 10:35:50
Alex Tanguay re-signed with the Calgary Flames. The deal is worth $17.5 million over 5 years. So a cap hit of 3.5 mill. Obviously shipping out Regher cleared a little room to make this deal happen.

I am loving this deal for many reasons. The price is very nice and one of the rare deals these days where a player is actually worth the cost. An the fact that it is 5 years says a couple things; 1) We're committed to winning, and 2) we don't believe in rediculous timeframes.

The deal also keeps Iginla happy and a happy Iginla is a good Flames team.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pasty7 Posted - 06/29/2011 : 07:12:42
a lot of people thought Tanguay was done because he didn't gel in tampa and their was a misconception that he played poorly in mtl, but 41 pts in 50 games is right on his usual pace and he is a very capable two way player,, great move for the flames

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
n/a Posted - 06/28/2011 : 04:33:35
To me, looking in from the outside, it sure looks like a fantastic signing, and after the resurgent year Tanguay had (22g, 47a, 69 pts) is definitely cheap for the Flames.

Things sure have changed. A couple of years ago, Tanguay looked awkward in the Flames lineup, and when he left and then was re-signed . . . most of us, myself included, questioned the move as odd.

Looks like Calgary management made the right call, and like you said - a happy Iginla is great news for the franchise.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page