Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Forum Rules and Announcements
 points for goalie shutout

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest6350 Posted - 04/17/2012 : 09:30:14
who gets the credit for a shutout when a goalie gets hurt part way through the game and then is replaced by another goalie??
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
admin Posted - 04/17/2012 : 10:08:21
As per the NHL, a shut-out shared between two goaltenders on the same team is credited to neither - the shut-out is only credited as a ‘team’ shut-out. The goalie in net for the winning goal/save is credited with the win. So in the case of St. Louis vs. San Jose on the 14th it was Halak with the win and neither with the shutout.

Halak’s stats on NHL.com - http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8470860
Elliot’s stats on NHL.com - http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8470880

If the NHL changes this we will follow suit.

So if you wish to override this and hand out points for the shut out to either or both goalies just use the new bonus points system (look at the left menu when logged into your pool for the Bonus Points link)

Or you may prefer to hand out wins, losses, shutouts to NHL TEAMS instead. You can do this by adding the city name to the rosters (but note that teams cannot collect goals or assists like goalies)
n/a Posted - 04/17/2012 : 09:46:13
For the NHL, I believe it counts as a "team shutout", and I can't remember, but the only exception is if one other goalie only plays for a minute or something (ie an equipment malfunction, etc).

So in my pool, for the game you are probably referencing . . . my guy Halak got no shutout; and Elliot was also not credited with a shutout. Which sucks for me, since now Halak is also out and not playing!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page