Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Trivia & Other Games
 Last Leaf to win the Art Ross

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
theraj662 Posted - 05/07/2012 : 12:46:44
Everyone knows when the last time the Leafs won the Cup was, 1967, of course.

But who was the last Leaf to win the Art Ross and in what year?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
theraj662 Posted - 05/07/2012 : 21:29:30
I guess there is a caveat to this question. It should have read, "Who was the last Leaf to win the NHL scoring title?"

The correct answer is Gordie Drillon, back in 1938.
Guest4573 Posted - 05/07/2012 : 15:21:35
Gordie Drillon was the last Art Ross winner. I don't know the year. I'll guess 1951?
Guest4178 Posted - 05/07/2012 : 13:27:12
Most people know that it’s been 45 years since the Leafs last won a cup (or been to the finals), which was the last season before expansion.

The Leafs have not done too well in the trophy department over the same period of time.

When looking at the six major individual trophies, which have been in existence for 50 or more years (Art Ross, Norris, Hart, Lady Bying, Calder, and Vezina), here's how the Leafs have done.

Starting with the Art Ross (which was first given out in the 1947-48 NHL season, no member of the Leafs has ever led the NHL in scoring (points) since this trophy was first awarded nearly 65 years ago.

The Norris was first given out in 1954, and no Leaf defenseman has ever won this award.

Moving on to the Hart Memorial Trophy, Ted Kennedy was the last Leaf to be awarded the trophy for being the most valuable player in the NHL, and that was in 1955.

Moving on to the Lady Bying, Dave Keon won this award in 1963, and no Leaf has won this trophy since.

For Rookie of the Year, Brit Selby was the last Leaf to win the Calder back in 1966. Unfortunately he didn’t turn out to be much of a player. He tallied 27 points in 61 games in his rookie season, but he faltered after that, going on to play for a number of teams, finishing up his career in the WHA.

Lastly, the Vezina was last awarded to the Leafs in 1965, when the award was given out to the team (and goaltenders) with the best goals against average. Johnny Bower and Terry Sawchuk shared the award that season, and since then, no Leaf goalie has won either the Vezina or the William Jennings Trophy. (The Vezina which now goes to the best goalie in the league, and the Jennings which goes to the goaltender(s) who play on a team with the best goals against average in the NHL.)

In terms of team awards, or individual awards, the times have not been good to the Leafs (or Leaf fans), especially the past 45 years.

I'm not a Leaf-basher, just someone providing the stats. I actually hope the Leafs make it to the finals sometime soon. There are more Leaf fans than any other team in the NHL. They deserve better!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page