Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Which Oiler Will Do Better?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest0545 Posted - 01/24/2013 : 22:27:47
Who do you think will get the most points this year?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 01/28/2013 : 22:43:19
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4377

Ooops - I meant 35-40 points for Gagner this season. For a brief moment, I lost track of the fact it's a shortened season.

I knew you were referring to an 82 game sched.
Guest4377 Posted - 01/28/2013 : 21:44:50
Ooops - I meant 35-40 points for Gagner this season. For a brief moment, I lost track of the fact it's a shortened season.
Guest4178 Posted - 01/25/2013 : 10:56:12
I will take it that the poll is about the Oiler with the most points on their own team, but good spot Alex! :)

I would place the Oiler top point-getters as follows for this season:

Eberle
RNH
Hall
And then Gagner before Yakapov or Smyth, or any other Oiler

Gagner looks great, and every since he tallied 8 points in one game, I think his confidence grew. (As has his size over the past few seasons. He's only 5'10", but he's very strong on his skates at 195 lbs.)

I think Gagner can be a point-a-game player in the NHL, and even though he's in his sixth NHL (hard to believe), he's only 23 years old.

Now I'm really going to go out on a limb. I think Gagner will tally more points in the next 10 years than Zach Parise. That's the Parise who has a 13-year contract for $98 million. Parise will probably get more points than Gagner the next two seasons, but as soon as Parise hits his early 30's, I think Gagner will surpass him in point production.

I'm not saying Gagner is worth $98 million for 13 years, but neither is Parise.

Here are four reasons Gagner will show improvement this season (and for future years):

~ he will start so show more consistency this season
~ his strength and size has improved
~ he's playing with better linemates
~ he will get more time on the power play

I'm pegging Gagner (with the usual "if he stays healthy") to get 65-70 points this season.

Alex116 Posted - 01/25/2013 : 10:29:30
Good poll question! Well, at least it would have been, if it didn't have the option to choose "other, from other team". That's basically saying ANYONE else in the league, no???

The 9 people who voted for Eberle and the 1 for RNH, either didn't read the options very well or are very die hard Oiler fans!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page