Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 Cogliano and Ovechkin both with 10 goals!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4377 Posted - 03/14/2013 : 19:15:18
Ovechkin is playing okay, but not the superstar (or goal scorer) he was 4-5 seasons ago.

Meanwhile, Andrew Cogliano is having a very good season with 10 goals in 26 games.

10 goals in 26 games translates into a 30 goal season in a full NHL season. That's a great accomplishment for a player like Cogliano, but not so much for a player like Ovechkin.

Steve Stamkos leads the league with 20 goals so far this season, which translates (obviously) into a 60 goal season. (An 82 game season.)

Chris Kunitz is close behind with 18 goals, and Andrew Ladd (13), Jiri Tlusty (13), Brad Marchand (12), and Nazem Kadri (11) are amongst a number of players with more goals than Ovechkin.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
markliso Posted - 03/26/2013 : 05:55:27
16 now and cogs still at 10.

TSN website has the projection of only 15 goals and 12 assists for him now. But, his plus/minus is the best he has ever had... of course, look at how high the ducks are flying now anyway (ha, ducks flying high).

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=4994

Guest4377 Posted - 03/22/2013 : 19:14:02
15 goals actually.
Guest4377 Posted - 03/22/2013 : 18:44:24
Good call Slozo! One week later, Cogliano still has 10 goals, and meanwhile Ovechkin has 14 goals!
Guest4377 Posted - 03/15/2013 : 21:41:35
Curtis Glencross scored his 10th goal tonight, along with his 11th and 12th goals, another player (like Andrew Cogliano) which the Oilers let go.

Just wondering - is Glen Cross related to Corey Cross?
Guest4178 Posted - 03/15/2013 : 10:24:33
You're right Slozo. Ovechkin only had 8 goals after the first 26 games last season, but went on to have 38 goals, which is a decent sum for any player without the last name Ovechkin.

I suspect Cogliano's production will cool a level, and he will probably finish around (as you stated) with 15-16 goals. As for Ovechkin, I think he will end up with 22-23 goals, which translates into about a 38-40 goal 82-game season.

While Ovechkin's goal production has slipped, does any player have more than the 339 goals Ovie scored in his 7 full seasons in the NHL?
n/a Posted - 03/15/2013 : 05:18:48
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4377

Ovechkin is playing okay, but not the superstar (or goal scorer) he was 4-5 seasons ago.

Meanwhile, Andrew Cogliano is having a very good season with 10 goals in 26 games.

10 goals in 26 games translates into a 30 goal season in a full NHL season. That's a great accomplishment for a player like Cogliano, but not so much for a player like Ovechkin.

Steve Stamkos leads the league with 20 goals so far this season, which translates (obviously) into a 60 goal season. (An 82 game season.)

Chris Kunitz is close behind with 18 goals, and Andrew Ladd (13), Jiri Tlusty (13), Brad Marchand (12), and Nazem Kadri (11) are amongst a number of players with more goals than Ovechkin.

Last season at the same, I bet Ovechkin had even less goals . . . I remember he started out SUPER slow as well, and got after the midway point. Remember, we are only just past the 25 game mark, which in a usual season is still called "early days".

I'll bet you anything (not really bet you, just sayin') that Cogs doesn't reach 16 goals this year.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page