Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Replacing a window with a door???

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 12/10/2013 : 20:28:18
Man, this is something else! I've def never seen something like this before!!! Florida has enough trouble filling their seats, and they go and do this...............???

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/florida-panthers-replace-broken-pane-glass-one-t-032512381--nhl.html
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4047 Posted - 12/13/2013 : 06:32:55
Considering that this pane had been sitting around long enough to have the covering because an issue, I would assume that all their spares had also been sitting around for a while... so they all would have exhibited the same problems.
Guest4377 Posted - 12/12/2013 : 18:06:48
Was this the only pane of glass available to fit/match the broken pane? Wouldn't it be smart to have a few extra panes of glass around? What if the same pane was damaged or cracked twice in the same game? What would they do then? Were all the relacement panes affecting by wrapping which could not be easily removed?

Years ago, teams only had one zamboni, but after a few intermission breakdowns, teams carried a second zamboni. (There were few occasions in the ECHL and IHL where players actually helped push a broken down zamboni off the ice.)

For a number of years now, teams have used two zambonis, with both machines cleaning the ice between periods. This gives teams 3-4 minutes for on-ice intermission activities/events, and allows the ice to be cleaned (and dry) in time for the next period.

This is a professional league after all!

Statman Posted - 12/12/2013 : 15:18:05
Yep, this is what we call a learning experience and my guess is the NHL is smart enough to pass some recomendations along to each club so this doesn't happen again.

Then again, don't forget it was the Panthers playing so the seats behind the obstructed glass may actually be worth more.
Guest8670 Posted - 12/12/2013 : 08:16:23
Yes it was glass with the paper still on, but that seems like the kind of thing u should have unwrapped and ready to go for this exact reason. Maybe always have one ready to go, seems like a legit idea for a supposedly pro hockey club to do....
Guest9623 Posted - 12/11/2013 : 13:32:13
yeah i've dealt with that stuff before. probably 1/2 lexan (much stronger than plexi glass). and as above stated...the paper back protective coating (if it has been sitting fo a lonf time) can be a real pita to remove. i found the best way to soak it in water, but that to takes time (not gonna happen during a game). if they have more, best to start cleaning them up now..lol !!!
Alex116 Posted - 12/11/2013 : 09:34:25
5091....exactly what i heard, that it was the protective sheeting they had trouble removing, though apparently they got it off in time for OT / Shootout?

Again, the funniest part is that this could happen anywhere. BUT, it didn't, it happened in Florida! Lol.....
Guest5091 Posted - 12/11/2013 : 08:14:49
Everyone was going on about how they replaced it with wood, but that's incorrect. It's another pane but they couldn't get the protective sheeting off.

I've worked in arenas before and if those panes have been sitting for a long time, the protective sheeting is a pain in the patootie to remove. Instead of coming off like a big sheet, it comes off in little 2 inch or so stretches. On a 8x4 foot pane of glass, that would take quite a long time. Since it's in the middle of a game, that's time they don't have. If they didn't have any newer panes (with easy-to-remove protective sheeting) handy to put in, I can understand why they'd just put this one and comp the affected people with some free tickets... Not like the building's selling out anyway!
Guest8670 Posted - 12/11/2013 : 07:42:26
Oh, I'm pretty sure someone got yelled at after that one. I'd be pretty embarrassed if I didn't actually have any replacement glass in the building for an NHL game.....like, come on, this isn't midget hockey. The Panthers don't need stuff like this to happen, they're already a joke.
Alex116 Posted - 12/11/2013 : 06:38:42
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Hilarious, and no, I haven't ever seen that happen before . . .

. . . but as funny as it is, and as good as it gets to pile on Florida for it . . . eeenhhhh, sh1t happens sometimes.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Sligo, you're so right, "sh1t happens sometimes" and I think that's what makes this so funny, that it happened to Florida and not a place like Detroit. I'm really curious how Detroit rink staff and their fans would have handled this? Its not like there'd have been a bunch of seats to move to? Lol
n/a Posted - 12/11/2013 : 05:27:31
Hilarious, and no, I haven't ever seen that happen before . . .

. . . but as funny as it is, and as good as it gets to pile on Florida for it . . . eeenhhhh, sh1t happens sometimes.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page