Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 New coach for the Jets

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
just1n Posted - 01/13/2014 : 11:03:03
Claude Noel was fired as coach of the Winnipeg Jets, Paul Maurice has been named as his replacement. Thoughts? I can't say I'm shocked Noel got fired, and this is his second unsuccessful stint as an NHL coach. Is Maurice the answer? What has he even been doing since he was canned in Toronto?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 01/14/2014 : 07:54:55
Always like Maurice, I think he's an excellent coach. He is very well prepared, quite intelligent, and knows his stuff.

Hey - we all knew Winnipeg was in for a bit of a drop-off after moving to the Western Conference . . . but the good thing is here, there's nowhere to go but up, essentially.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest3792 Posted - 01/13/2014 : 13:28:48
Heard on the radio he is only signed on for the rest of this year.
Guest5052 Posted - 01/13/2014 : 11:24:16
I am surprised ho wlong it took for this to be a topic. The price for living in Winnipeg, I suppose (leaving aside the arctic conditions).

Noel's firing had to happen. The team was just not playing well and something had to happen. Its a reality of pro sports that the coach is often the fall guy and its easier to fire the coach than make a big trade. Thats the game. And while i like Noel, i cant say he was a great fit. Special teams were a problem, and so was defensive zone coverage. Plus there were too many nights that the team played like they were going through the motions. Not all the coaches fault, but those are certainly areas you need a coach's influence.

Is Paul Maurice the guy? Well, sometimes changes for changes sake is important. He does have a lot of NHL experience and has a reputation for being an open door guy, but also a hard ass so maybe thats what the Jets need. Time will tell.

But my worry is that this is too much of a stop gap measure. I think they'll win a few more games as a result of this change, but im not sure that this teams doesnt need some more change to really take steps forward.
just1n Posted - 01/13/2014 : 11:15:58
Oh right, I forgot all about his 2nd stint in Carolina!!
mandree888 Posted - 01/13/2014 : 11:10:03
well after Toronto he decided he would follow a lot of other players who left toronto and went to carolina..... he was eventually replaced by the current coach. since then he was on the TSN panel. useless knowledge FTW!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page