Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 Pittsburgh-Team of destiny?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PainTrain Posted - 05/10/2008 : 16:13:34
I have a sneak in suspicion that god's favorite animal is the Penguin. I'll tell you why. First round. Pittsburgh plays a skilled Ottawa team that has no confidence what so ever and most likely some bad blood in the dressing room. They sweep them. Round 2, they play a Rangers team that has some injury problems and a young team with not as much experience. They take it in 5. Now in the first game of the 3rd round Malkin gets absolutely hammered by Mike Richards and then he is slow to get up and right when he cross's the blue line the puck lands right on his stick and he has a break away. Because he is tired he elects to shoot it and guess what, it goes in! If that didn't happen momentum would have totally gone to Philly because of the great hit by Richards but no it goes the other way and Malkin scores and that's the game. This Penguin team is getting lucky and I don't like it because when I'm watching Evgeni Malkin tear it up and he isn't even trying 100% where there is Mike Richards out there using every ounce of his body to win and they can't do it, it just annoys me!

Thoughts? Comments?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest9235 Posted - 02/22/2009 : 23:25:21
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9544

quote:
Originally posted by Guest9109

I am pissing myself laughing! Fleury the best goalie in the league.... aah come on you're too much!!!

both Fleury and Price are up there Price is alittle more skilled than Robert Luongo and Marty Brodeur but Fleury is a scale on his own miles above all

Fleury is not on a scale of his own, last year conklin was able to replace him and do fine, plus he had a team in front of him. Roberto Luongo carries his team, as proved by vancouvers slide when luongo was injured. Fleury is good, but not the best, not by a longshot. This year, Luongo, kippersoff, clemmensen, nabokov, roloson, quick, thomas, fernandez,turco(as of late), rinne, mason, backstrom, vokoun, anderson have all been better this year. You may be able to argue a couple of them, but the fact is that fleury is not far past the rest. And brodeur is better than him too, hes just been injured thats why i didnt include him in the right now. And pittsburg does not have a better team than san jose or detroit. Detroit is winning with pittsburgs former backup in net, cause it doesnt matter who they have in net they can make him look good. And san jose is not as good as detroit but has much better goaltending, better than pittsburg. And all teams have their fair share of injuroes so thats not an excuse. Buffalo is ahead of the penguins and they have their top scorer injured and have had good players in and out all year. Even Vancouver is ahead of them and they lost luongo and went 4-17
Guest9544 Posted - 02/21/2009 : 14:08:20
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9109

I am pissing myself laughing! Fleury the best goalie in the league.... aah come on you're too much!!!

both Fleury and Price are up there Price is alittle more skilled than Robert Luongo and Marty Brodeur but Fleury is a scale on his own miles above all
Guest9109 Posted - 02/21/2009 : 06:22:12
Guest9544 Posted - 02/21/2009 : 02:33:18
I think Pittsburgh actually has a better team than San Jose and Detroit. The only reason why Pittsburgh isn't top of the Eastern Conference is because of all the injuries and for how long they were missing Fleury. Fluery is the best goaly in the league
Guest2539 Posted - 05/13/2008 : 12:03:24

i DONT GIVE CUZ IM A PEN FAN BUT U R RITE
Beans15 Posted - 05/13/2008 : 10:43:48
Detroit has so much of an advantage defensively, it's not even an option. Plus, their goaltending is inconsitent?? What?? Over the past three year Osgood and Hasek have the 1st and 2nd best win percentage of any goalies in the league. Osgood has been a rock this entire playoffs. 9-0, .935 save %, and has not let in more than 3 goals in a single game this year. Fluery is no slouch, but Osgood is playing exceptional hockey right now.

And I would say secondary scoring would go to Detroit as well. If you take away the "Big 3" from Pitt, only Sykora and Gonchar have more than .5/game through the playoffs. Detroit has (other than Zetterburg and Datsyuk) 7 players over .5/game. Samulsson, Lidstrom, Rafalski, Holmstrom, Kronvall, Hudler and Frazen.

And still, my point on the Stanley Cup holds true. It's the third line that will win the Cup. Although Staal is a threat, I see Detroit's 4th line as good or better than Pitt's third line. Let alone the third line for Detroit.

Most importantly, stats aside, Detroit has completely controlled every team they have played. They have not once looked like to falter even a little bit. They completely own Dallas who beat the two teams in the west that everyone had for the Cup. Dallas handled them, Detroit is handling Dallas.

Pitt, I just don't see them with a chance against Detroit. I don't see Philly coming all the way back, but they will win at least one maybe two games. Plus, Philly is beat the crap out of Pitt. Detroit will beat Dallas next game and get rested for a beat up Pitt team.

Detroit without question.
SuperSakic Posted - 05/13/2008 : 09:37:18
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

I have to say that Pittsburgh has a good chance against Detroit in the finals, if we can for a second look past Philly (which would be dangerous for the Pens to do right now, but I'm not playing!).

Pittsburgh (Malkin, Crosby, Hossa) and Detroit (Datsyuk, Zetterberg) both have top end game-breakers, with Pittsburgh having the edge in skill there. The defence is better on Detroit's side, no question there; but I wouldn't say overwhelmingly so. Secondary scoring is pretty even, and the goalies are also a bit of a wash for me, inexperience (Fleury) versus inconsistency (Osgood or Hasek).

I see the key being an experienced or journeyman player being the difference, and the checker/agitators - Roberts and Ruutu, versus Cleary and Draper. Looking into my crystal ball, I see Gary Roberts being the key guy here, scoring some big goals.

Frankly, the more I think about it, the more I think Pittsburgh has more than a good chance to beat Detroit . . . maybe it's just wishful thinking, as I hate the Wings - but this team is growing on me. Even if the Pens do fall short as they well might, it should make for an entertaining series.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Sorry Slozo, but I think you are forgetting one VERY big factor. And thats the Lidstrom factor. Gonchar is good and all, but he's no Lidstrom. Then there's Raflaski and Chelios (who still has some gas in the tank). I don't think that the Pens' D matches up very well with Detroits'. The Pens may have a slight edge in goal though, but lets not forget that Osgood has been there before and got the job done.
You are also forgetting about Franzen (I know he's a little hurt, but I think he'll be back) who has been on a playoff tear! Also, how can you discount the value of Holmstrom. I think that he's going to be the key guy, not Roberts.

The Pens are doing well, but Detroit just looks like a juggernaut!
n/a Posted - 05/13/2008 : 05:04:58
I have to say that Pittsburgh has a good chance against Detroit in the finals, if we can for a second look past Philly (which would be dangerous for the Pens to do right now, but I'm not playing!).

Pittsburgh (Malkin, Crosby, Hossa) and Detroit (Datsyuk, Zetterberg) both have top end game-breakers, with Pittsburgh having the edge in skill there. The defence is better on Detroit's side, no question there; but I wouldn't say overwhelmingly so. Secondary scoring is pretty even, and the goalies are also a bit of a wash for me, inexperience (Fleury) versus inconsistency (Osgood or Hasek).

I see the key being an experienced or journeyman player being the difference, and the checker/agitators - Roberts and Ruutu, versus Cleary and Draper. Looking into my crystal ball, I see Gary Roberts being the key guy here, scoring some big goals.

Frankly, the more I think about it, the more I think Pittsburgh has more than a good chance to beat Detroit . . . maybe it's just wishful thinking, as I hate the Wings - but this team is growing on me. Even if the Pens do fall short as they well might, it should make for an entertaining series.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Timay Posted - 05/11/2008 : 21:05:34
Mike Richards had a hell of a game again but still lost. Crosby was above average and was the star of the game. The big difference is that Richards has to be 100% just to compare to Malkin and Crosby when they're having an average or 'off' night. It may be annoying to see that happening to someone playing as great as Richards, but he's not as skilled as the other boys I mentioned... and that goes a long way for those youngstars because Richards is quite a player.

I do believe Malkin is playing a little under 100%. I don't know why, but for some reason it feels as though he can do much better. If Pittsburgh wants to win the finals they will need this guy playing like Richards.... well that's not going to happen... at least play like Roberts, Staal, or Crosby. Also their fourth line looks great: Roberts-Talbot-Laraque. They got the game-winner tonight and are a deadly asset. The Pens will have a chance against Detroit, but in saying that I have to agree with Beans in that only Detroit can beat Detroit. If the Wings are on their game and stay healthy (especially on their superb blue line) then I don't think Pittsburgh will have much hope. I will be rooting for them to win, however I have a sneak in suspicion that Detroit will win the cup.

Phaneuf pher Norris
Beans15 Posted - 05/11/2008 : 08:22:50
Couple of thoughts.

1) Drury, Jagr, Shanahan, and Gomez have more playoff experience than the entire Pitt Roster.

2) There is still a lot of time left in this series. I didn't expect Philly to win the first game, but I did expect them to hit everything that moved. That they did. Surprisingly the stayed out of the penalty box relatively well. If the flying P's can continue that, it will be a long series for Pitts. Not saying Philly will win, but it is far from over yet.

3) I don't think either team on the East side can compete with Detroit. I have not seen a team as dominating as Detroit in the playoffs for a very long time. I can't remember who is was that said it, but in talking about Detroit, the guy said they are nearly impossible to forecheck. Most teams try, but with players like Lidstrom, Rafalski, the Old Tank of a man Chris Chilios, Kronvall, Stuart, Lilja, and Lebda, they have the puck up the ice before the the forecheck is anywhere close to set up. There has not been a tema yet that has had any kind of effective forecheck against them.

4) My theory in the past few years is that there is a specific recipe for winning the Cup. Your first two line need to play to their average potential. Not amazing, just average. The goaltending needs to be a little above average, and the D-men need to be responsible. However, for the past 4 or 5 Cups, it has been the 3rd line of the winning team that has actual won the Cup. Anaheim's line last year, Carolina's the year before. Looking back to Tampa and their third line played exceptional as well. Detroit's fourth line this playoff run is playing as well as any of those team's third line.

Pitt is not the team of destiny. There is only one team that can beat Detroit this year and that is Detroit. That does not appear to be happening at all. They are firing on all cylinders at the perfect time. The team from the easy is a cow's point of view. Yes, it's a Moo Point!!!

Guest4043 Posted - 05/11/2008 : 01:11:39
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6562

first you say Malkin was "tired" than you accuse of him of not trying 100%

Dude, if you're going to correct someone's phrase, you should at least be sure to use proper grammar in your post; it's "then", not "than".

But I had to admit, I laughed when he said "sneak in suspicion" too.

I'm not really sure what PainTrain means when he says "the Rangers is a young team with not much experience" - Jagr, Shanahan, Drury, Gomez, Straka and a few others. I'd say it is no less than the Pens and probably even more.
Guest6562 Posted - 05/10/2008 : 22:39:03
I respectfully disagree...I think God prefers birds that can fly with their "wings".

In my opinion, Pittsburgh will make the Finals but they will get smashed by Detroit...Pittsburgh has learned to win in the playoffs but the Cup Finals against a more dominant and experienced team (that can more than match their offfense) is a whole other story...see last year's Finals.

And by the way it is "sneaking" suspicion not sneak in suspicion.

And where do you get off saying the Rangers are a young team with not as much experience, especially compared to Pittsburgh??? The Rangers had waaaaaay more experience than the Penguins, ever hear of the Cup winning veterans Jagr, Drury, Gomez, Shanahan...and Straka is no kid himself.

And How can you say Malkin is not trying 100%, the guy is dominating, based on your comments you sound like a biased Flyers fan...first you say Malkin was "tired" than you accuse of him of not trying 100%...it can't be both, effort and fatigue are two different things!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page