Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 Pronger back in Edmonton Tuesday

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ripley Posted - 11/27/2006 : 16:09:05
Wish I could pick this game up. It will be a classic. Apparently it is Neidermayer's 1000 game too. Do you think anyone will notice Pronger is going to here it.

http://www.pickuphockey.com/hockeynews.aspx?article=h112743A

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
blade Posted - 11/29/2006 : 18:07:01
no he doesn't need to provide an explanation, but he better be prepared for fans lashing out. can't have one without the other.

and 6916 (the second guy) BOOHOO!!! poor little chris and his millions of dollars and sad children. give me a break!

Guest6916 Posted - 11/29/2006 : 08:44:18
quote:
Originally posted by ultimatetitman

I would argue that his lack of a reason is worse than the perceived reasons, but that point would be moot.
What I will argue is that he does not need a reason. Almost anyone in this great country of ours can leave their job without a reason.
As a Canucks fan, we went through the same thing with Pavel Bure, except that he did sit out half a season and his affect on the team and it's fan was incalculable. Need I even mention what Yashin did to Ottawa?
Arguably, he did not leave the team, he simply requested a trade and was granted one. He did not sit out a game, nor did he go against the terms of his contract.
And I re-iterate, Edmonton fans ought to remember what he did for them, not what he is perceived to have done to them.

Pronger sure silenced the boos last night. Where are all the Oiler fans? Still crying in your beers? "Chris how could you do this to us?"

Pronger owes Edmonton fans zero explanation. He said it was for personal reasons. You should all look up 'personal' in the dictionary. Just because he is a professional athlete does not mean he has to air all of his dirty laundry to the fans of the city that he worked in last year. He did St. Louis a huge favour by agreeing to the sign and trade to Edmonton. This was the team that he had played on for 9 seasons and did not want to screw them over and leave them hanging. So he did his good deed and then had his 10 million salary cut by 30% to get within the league maximum due to the cap. Then his family realized that Edmonton is not where they wanted to live. Gues what - unhappy wife leads to unhappy kids and that leads to unhappy Chris Pronger. What is it with Edmonton that they can never get over losing a player. Its like the first time you get dumped - it hurts. But then you get to realize that s*** happens and things change. People come and go. I bet you really do miss his 27 points in 26 games; his 25+ minutes of ice time; his plus 17 rating; his physical dominance in all aspects of the game; his MVP performance; his leadership; need I go on?
ultimatetitman Posted - 11/28/2006 : 17:05:19
I would argue that his lack of a reason is worse than the perceived reasons, but that point would be moot.
What I will argue is that he does not need a reason. Almost anyone in this great country of ours can leave their job without a reason.
As a Canucks fan, we went through the same thing with Pavel Bure, except that he did sit out half a season and his affect on the team and it's fan was incalculable. Need I even mention what Yashin did to Ottawa?
Arguably, he did not leave the team, he simply requested a trade and was granted one. He did not sit out a game, nor did he go against the terms of his contract.
And I re-iterate, Edmonton fans ought to remember what he did for them, not what he is perceived to have done to them.
Guest6916 Posted - 11/28/2006 : 16:47:49
Actually the problem is that he has refused to give the fans a reasonable explanation on bailing on them. That has the fans upset and rightly so. He keeps saying "personal" reasons. And while I respect privacy for everyone I also believe that if you are going to be paid MILLIONS of dollars and the fans are paying your salary then you better respect them. And respect in this case means an explanation. What he did to the city, after giving them hope after a long dry spell, is lame and therefore he deserves any boo or jeer he gets.
ultimatetitman Posted - 11/28/2006 : 16:37:25
The ONLY reason that this is such a big deal is because of rumours; careless stupid rumours with not an ounce of credence.
If no one believed the rumours, or if only they had never been started, then this game would have only marginally more significance than a Anaheim vs. Edmonton game last year.
There is really only one truth. Pronger damn near carried the entire city of Edmonton on his back all the way to game 7. Fans should remember that, and ponder what would have happened had he never come to Edmonton, instead of jeering him over baseless rumours.
If you really believe that the Oilers would have made it to game seven of the Stanley Cups Finals - or even if they could have made the playoffs - without him, then go ahead and jeer. Boo as loud as you can.
If, however, you have a firm grip on reality, then applaud the man, and thank him for the ride.
Donald Beckett Posted - 11/28/2006 : 11:28:15
Even though I am not a fan of either team, I would like to see it. I agree its not like when Gretzky returned to Edmonton for the first time, but it gives the Edmontonians somthing to do other than freeze their arses off. (Wonder why Mrs. Pronger wanted to leave?)

"I'm not fat - I just have a sweet hockey body" ...Eric Cartman.
Ripley Posted - 11/27/2006 : 23:52:01
LOL! I'LL RECITE A PLAY BY PLAY FOR YA

bablaboushka Posted - 11/27/2006 : 20:27:33
Ha well I know of all the controversy and the celebrity involved, but meh, still doesn't mean much to me.

Enjoy it for me.
Ripley Posted - 11/27/2006 : 20:17:14
you're not really comparing Lupul's return to Pronger's? If you know anything about this subject you'll know it was wrapped in controversy and curiousity, and because it is surrounding a super star it is interesting. The only thing 'super' that Lupul has done is get 4 goals in 1 game. Other than that he is completely ordinary.

Then to top it off it is 2 first place teams competing. Throw in 1000 games for Niedermayer and the whold spectacle is worth watching. I'll be tuning in.

You don't have to if you don't want to.

bablaboushka Posted - 11/27/2006 : 17:25:36
Who cares? It's just another player returning to a team he played for. He was only there one year. No one talked about Lupul going back to Anaheim.

I know Pronger helped Edmonton to the Finals but big whoopy. I guess you really have to be an Oilers fan to understand. Niedermayer's 1000th game to me is a bigger story.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page