Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Montreal
 A question for Habs fans

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MrBoogedy Posted - 06/12/2011 : 20:35:28
A friend of mine and I are having an argument about which team the majority of habs fans are cheering for in the playoff finals... obviously i won't reach the majority of fans through here, but maybe it'll give me a bit of an idea. He's for Boston and my perspective is that I would only cheer for them if they were playing Toronto. I'm strong on rivalry.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MrBoogedy Posted - 06/13/2011 : 20:19:12
And i loathe boston as with almost but quite as contempt as Toronto. It goes beyond the palyers... it's all about the history and the rivalry and the logos they where. It makes it much easier for me when i see players i dispise playing for those teams, such as Chara on one end and Grabovski on the other. It kinda hurts a little though when i see payers and coaches i really like playing for those teams... such as Ryder and Julien.
JonPolley Posted - 06/13/2011 : 19:41:22
quote:
Originally posted by JonPolley

You're not a true Habs fan unless you loooooooathe Boston lol :)

Guest6421 Posted - 06/13/2011 : 19:40:35
You're not a true Habs fan unless you loooooooathe Boston lol :)
leigh Posted - 06/13/2011 : 17:24:27
I thought this was a great question so I called up my good buddy in Montreal (he's lifer!) and he said there I no way in hell he'll cheer for Boston! So begrudgingly he is cheering for the Canucks.
Alex116 Posted - 06/13/2011 : 15:38:35
Pasty, it's kind of ironic because Lucic, being a local boy, is Bruin i prob like the best. I do agree, he can be a little over the top and if he were a Canuck, he'd be hearing a lot more about it! But, for me to call him out on his antics would be hypocrytical of me as Burrows, Lapierre, etc are just as guilty of the little things they do to make people hate them!

I do find it really amazing at just what a bad rap this Canucks team has gotten throughout these playoffs. It's as if everyone wanted them to lose to the Hawks and continue to be one of the punching bags of the league. So, what happens, they win, and they still take all the heat!

Great example, Joe Haggerty (CSNNE.com Bruins Insider) was on the radio this morning and immediately brought up "bitegate" claiming that the biggest mistake by Burrows in doing what he did was the fact he did it to Bergeron, who in Haggerty's view "does not engage in the after the whistle crap or anything like it" (he went on to discuss what a great human being Bergeron is). While i'm sure that Bergeron is a great guy, don't try to tell me he wasn't involved in that scrum to begin with. I don't recall seeing Burrows chase him down, grab his hand and take a bite. Had it not been in a constant facewash position from the time of the whistle to the time of the bite, it prob wouldn't have rec'd the chomp!

Don't get me wrong, Burrows, nor anyone else out there, should never do what he did, but don't try to convince me that Bergeron is a saint out there! Lets face it, these teams don't know each other all that well compared to real rivalries, but it didn't take long for the two teams to realize just what was at stake and get a real quick hate-on for one another and i have no problem with that.

This is the NHL Stanley Cup Finals for cryin' out loud. I don't expect any of these guys to like one another, but i'll be Jonathan Toews and Mike Richards weren't the best of buddies this time last year, even after winning gold together only months prior!
freddyboy Posted - 06/13/2011 : 14:44:05
There's no way in the world i would cheer for Boston/Toronto/Philadelphia. Canucks is my 3rd favorite team, after Montreal (of course) and Detroit. Show some Canadian pride/support Go nucks go! and go habs go for next season

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
Pasty7 Posted - 06/13/2011 : 14:41:49
i have no specific love for vancouver and no hate either really, and pretty much the same for the Bruins as a team. The bruins have lost any chance of me going for them because of the play of guys like Lucic Thornton Hornton marchand Chara Mcquaid Boychuk Ferrence... the list goes on ,, espcially Lucic, i mean the league is trying to cut down on head shot s but this gy seems to be allowed to go around and sucker punch players after the whistle and then call himself a tough guy, and of course as soon he get hit or something happens to him even if it is clean he goes nut s like a little child, i would honestly not be dissapointed if he retires and i never have to watch him play hockey again,

on the other hand of it i would love to see Luongo shake all these demons, i used to hate Kesler but i have really enjoyued his play in these playoff, more and more i think Burrows get a bad rep from haters and besides a few dives here and there he is a exciting player to watch, i`m happy to see Higgens with a fresh start and doing well

the only Bruins i root for are Bergeron and Ryder,, i love both those guys but the rest bah

so as a habs fan yeah im going for the nucks!

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Alex116 Posted - 06/13/2011 : 10:33:10
I think this question just goes to show how much Vancouver is currently the most hated team, even above Toronto! Now, don't get me wrong, if the Leafs were in the final, or when they finally do make it, it'll be them again (and maybe sooner) but if Hab fans, and i mean ANY, are cheering for Boston, i don't think you can argue about the dislike for the Canucks!

I never thought i'd see the day where this question was even raised!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page