Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Any Ovechkin fans left??

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shepsky Posted - 01/25/2012 : 04:25:48
I think Ovechkin opting out of the all star game to cry about being suspended was the last straw for me, and any little bit of respect I had for the guy went out the window. The all star game is practically meaningless, with the exception of giving the fans something to watch. After all, it is fun seeing the best of the best, and see who really does have the fastest, or most accurate shot., etc. Hey Ovi, we the fans didn't suspend you, don't get mad at us because you are a dirty player!! Anyways, I just started this feed to see if there are ANY Ovi fans after this incident, and I would love to hear them try to defend his actions!!
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest2274 Posted - 01/28/2012 : 15:50:41
No hes a douchebag now
willus3 Posted - 01/26/2012 : 19:32:34
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Here here, Willus . . . but what the heck happened to your avatar?!? A stop sign?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Couldn't find anything I liked.
n/a Posted - 01/26/2012 : 04:59:36
Here here, Willus . . . but what the heck happened to your avatar?!? A stop sign?

willus3 Posted - 01/25/2012 : 20:04:01
quote:
Originally posted by 2ForInstigating

Whatever happened to real hockey stars? When did it become the national primadona league? As kids, any of us woulda made fun of a player for pouting. It's just a suspention for dirty play, not a time out...

Well put but mostly I just wanted to say your avatar is the best on this forum. The French Taunter. There is no better humour...
2ForInstigating Posted - 01/25/2012 : 19:32:04
Whatever happened to real hockey stars? When did it become the national primadona league? As kids, any of us woulda made fun of a player for pouting. It's just a suspention for dirty play, not a time out...
Shepsky Posted - 01/25/2012 : 18:54:04
Here is a better link

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/19/alexander-ovechkin-rap_n_1216190.html

this is the whole video, and Ovechkin's part translated underneath. Which the absolute best part is the line that says
"All eyes on me at the all star game"
PRICELESS!!!!
Shepsky Posted - 01/25/2012 : 18:48:52
Oh wait, here is why Ovechkin opted out of the ASG. To pursue rap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drfGobRWSOE

there is actually a 3 and a half minutes of this russian rapvideo on youtube, and at the last 30 seconds Ovi gets on the mic.
Guest0065 Posted - 01/25/2012 : 16:36:40
After laughing at kessel last year for being picked last ovi was to embarrased to play in this game due to the fact he probably would hve been picked last... Thats just my opnion anyways!
Alex116 Posted - 01/25/2012 : 16:19:23
4812.....Thanks for the link! That's exactly what they were talking about. I had not heard of that part of the rule until yesterday.

Guest4812 Posted - 01/25/2012 : 16:06:44
your status by the league is redetermined every 18 months as far as being a "first" and "repeat" offender in the cba, he was considered a repeat offender however it had been 20 months since his last suspension. this is a link that explains it pretty well...http://fans.capitals.nhl.com/community/topic/59843-the-nhl-violated-the-cba-with-the-ovechkin-suspension/
Alex116 Posted - 01/25/2012 : 13:00:46
First off, i totally disagree with the notion that "he shouldn't play due to being suspended". If that's the case, should the ASG count as one of his 3 suspended games??? I think not!

My problem with him is what i believe Slozo was alluding to and that is he's using this suspension as an excuse to not attend. Let's face it, it's a thrill for a lot of guys, but once you've been there a few times, it's prob mundane and an inconvenience. I'm not saying they don't owe it to the fans to be there, but i get the feeling that a lot of guys would prefer the 4 or 5 days off to spend with their loved ones!

Going back to Ovechkin though, while i believe he's using this as an excuse to skip the game, i also think it's his way of protesting what he feels is an unwarranted, or too severe of, a suspension. I heard a bit on the news last night but didn't catch the whole thing, but the jist of what they were talking about by the sounds of it was that he (OV) compared his hit to another where a guy only got 1 or 2 games and therefore he figured his was too harsh. The league on the other hand, considered him a repeat offender and therefore added a game or 2? Now, here's the part i'm unsure of. I heard them say something about there being an 18 month period whereby you're a repeat offender? They were implying that after 18 months, you've got a clean slate? I've never heard of this before, has anyone? I believe they said OV's last suspension was 20 months ago and therefore he didn't feel he should be treated as a repeat offender, even though it's well documented that he plays on/over the edge at times?

Anyone have any insight on this 18 month thing? I may have completely misunderstood the bit of the converstion i heard.
mandree888 Posted - 01/25/2012 : 12:44:21
i dont like the fact that he will not be participating in the ASG because this game IS for the FANS. if ovi has a problem with being suspended there are other ways to boycot said suspension. i agree with the whole if im suspened you shouldnt be able to make money off me idea although if that course of action was taken than no ovi merchandise could be sold as well, so i dont like the fact that ovi is taking his frustations out on the fans and dening them the previlage of seeing him play, rather than thhe league where his true frustrations lie.
n/a Posted - 01/25/2012 : 11:15:37
I still love the way Ovie plays, but I certainly think less of him as a person.

Does anyone think he is actually skipping out for his stated reason of feeling guilty about being there because he is suspended? Seriously? If so, I think that's terribly naive.

Definitely a sulking, crybaby action taken here by Ovechkin, and shame on him.

But that's just my humble opinion.

Guest4803 Posted - 01/25/2012 : 09:46:23
Sounds like Shepsky is the one with all his cash in the Kleenex stocks, i agree with the other posters hes suspended he shouldnt be at the all star game,
nuxfan Posted - 01/25/2012 : 09:39:21
yeah, I agree as well, he should not be playing in the all-star game as a suspended player. OV comes across as a bit of a cry baby by pulling himself out of the game - as opposed to the league - but in the end, it was the right thing to do, and I'm glad he did so.

It is a situation not currently covered by the NHL, and I believe it will be dealt with in the next CBA
Guest9351 Posted - 01/25/2012 : 05:22:43
Still love Ovi. If the NHL decided to suspend him from the LEAGUE, he should not be attending the all-star game. To suspend him and then ask him to go generate them extra revenue, I don't blame the guy.

It's too bad for fans (the same fans who barely voted for him and have been critizing and mocking him for his first underpar season for the past 6+ years) but this was a decision made by him and the NHL.

Maybe if the ASG actually showcased all stars, the players would be more honoured to play. but this format just makes puts the decisions into a bunch of clown fans who have no idea about why they are voting for something. Incorporate the fans, but leave the ultimate decision to players, coaches and gm's.

There are still Ovi fans, the ones who aren't complete [ mod edit - offensive language ] .

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page