Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Ottawa
 Neil vs. Chara

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sensfan101 Posted - 02/26/2012 : 09:07:13
Just for all those who think Neil is a coward who only fights people smaller than him *cough cough Porckchop cough cough*
http://youtu.be/gaY4UvMgvzg

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 02/26/2012 : 19:32:53
Lol, i think the best part of that vid clip is the couple of seconds right after the hit, when Chara goes skating like a madman towards Neil! Looked like a scene out of Slapshot!
The Duke Posted - 02/26/2012 : 18:51:36
I was very surprised to see Neil stand up to Chara. The hit was clean and very devastating.

I think the real reason Neil didn`t hit Chara while he was down was because....
..now its over, no revenge needed by Chara...

if Neil hits him while he is down....Chara would definitely seek revenge with a re-match...and surely this was playing in the back of Neil`s mind and probally wouldn`t be in his favor.
Sensfan101 Posted - 02/26/2012 : 16:04:27
quote:
Originally posted by Porkchop73

On a side note your Sens are doing very well, my Leafs not so well, I am afraid I am going to lose our bet. Crossing my fingers.

Yeah that was a bet I never really wanted to make so I'm definatley happy with how things are going.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Porkchop73 Posted - 02/26/2012 : 15:48:33
Nuxfan,
I will never admit that it was a very good hit by Neil and that it was indeed pretty darn cool that he obliged big Z with a tilt that was not as one sided as it should have been. The same way I would never admit that I enjoy drinking fruity umbrella drinks when on a caribbean vacation with my wife. There are just some things i just would never admit to.
I do not like Chris Neil as a hockey player, I do think he plays cowardly and does not "normally" take on people face to face unless he knows they are of weaker stature.
In spite of this opinion, if you were to ask me if I would take Chris Neil or someone just like Neil on my favourite team, you bet your a$$ I would.
nuxfan Posted - 02/26/2012 : 10:07:12
quote:
Originally posted by Porkchop73

He still gets no respect from me. He laid out a cowardly hit before that and he knew he had no choice but to answer the bell against Chara.
Surprised he didn't turn down Chara and challenge some like Bergeron, hes more the type that Neil would usually challenge.

On a side note your Sens are doing very well, my Leafs not so well, I am afraid I am going to lose our bet. Crossing my fingers.

Cowardly hit? What the hell was cowardly about that hit - it was a great clean bodycheck against a pretty tough defenseman. Probably one of the most devastating bodychecks I've seen this year. Then instead of shying away, he fights arguably the toughest person in the NHL in defense of the hit.

Like him or hate him porkchop, you have to admit that its pretty stand-up of Neil to answer the bell against Chara. And the hit was great.
Porkchop73 Posted - 02/26/2012 : 09:34:37
He still gets no respect from me. He laid out a cowardly hit before that and he knew he had no choice but to answer the bell against Chara.
Surprised he didn't turn down Chara and challenge some like Bergeron, hes more the type that Neil would usually challenge.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page