Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 The next Leafs coach?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest6133 Posted - 03/02/2012 : 10:32:46
Who should should be the next Leafs head coach?
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shepsky Posted - 03/05/2012 : 18:42:13
Oh God, I'm all for it. COACH SLOZO!
Alex116 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 15:12:58
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

come on alex we all already know it is gonna be Slozo. i mean after he gave his resume and was over looked. the next chant at the ACC will be WE WANT SLOZO!!!! rofl

Well said.....i just wonder how long till the faithful start that chant? Prob duing their first loss i'm guessing?
mandree888 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 13:16:44
come on alex we all already know it is gonna be Slozo. i mean after he gave his resume and was over looked. the next chant at the ACC will be WE WANT SLOZO!!!! rofl
Alex116 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 12:19:19
quote:
Originally posted by Lee Marshall

I voted for Carlysle about 3 minutes ago. It seemed the thing to do...considering that he's officially had the job now for over 48 hours.

Who the cap fits...Let them wear it.

C'mon Lee! You're supposed to now predict the one to follow Carlyle!
Lee Marshall Posted - 03/05/2012 : 07:25:30
I voted for Carlysle about 3 minutes ago. It seemed the thing to do...considering that he's officially had the job now for over 48 hours.

Who the cap fits...Let them wear it.
Leafs81 Posted - 03/03/2012 : 06:57:37
It seems like Carlyle and Wilson are pretty similar. Wilson did had a good defensive team in San Jose.

But I think Carlyle will gain more respect from his players and will be able to implant a system because of that. It will take a while to adjust though.

It seems like a side step move but nonetheless I'm happy to see that Wilson is gone.

I was really hoping for Dallas Eakins to get the job.
n/a Posted - 03/03/2012 : 04:54:44
Damn, I was too slow with my resume . . .

I actually wouldn't have voted Carlyle, but that's who we got now. We'll see how another "taskmaster" does with this team . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest4227 Posted - 03/03/2012 : 04:20:36
A little surprised about this hiring. I think a more logical coach would have been Butch Harmon.
Guest2302 Posted - 03/02/2012 : 19:20:09
Randy Carlyle is a awesome coach glad to see him go to the Leafs
Shepsky Posted - 03/02/2012 : 18:57:43
This is all your fault Beans!!! I wanted a new coach, but I didn't think Carlyle was the answer LOL. Leafs fans will have to see if he is any different.
Alex116 Posted - 03/02/2012 : 16:54:47
Beans, sorry, you're right in fact, Duke would have prob been the better answer! I think sometimes i just give Slozo too much respect.

As for "Dirty Ron" (love that nicname BTW), my guess is he's gone sometime between the end of this season and the beginning of next. I just can't see them keeping him. Though he's not entirely to blame, we all know the coach is often the scapegoat.
Beans15 Posted - 03/02/2012 : 14:48:34
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

i voted randy carlyle
1. because i know quinn aint comeing back no matter how much i want him to
and
2. carlyly was the head coach that Brian burke brought to the ducks. he won a cup with BB with the ducks and has a lot of ties with BB
BTW was wilson fired when i wasnt looking?? cause i am pretty sure he is still the Head coach.
this poll is kinda redundant until he is fired dontcha think.

Carlylye did win the Cup with the Ducks. Let's not forget that team also had 3 HOF caliber players in Pronger, Neidermayer, and Selanne. That teams also had quality goaltending(Giguere, Hiller, and Bryzgalov, wow), a great 3rd line in Moen, Pahlsson, and R. Neidermayer, and a couple of excellent kids in Getzlaf and Perry.

The Leafs have........none of that. Correction, they have a couple of excellent kids in Kessel and Lupul. Maybe not excellent overall but having an excellent season. Unfortunately, that is where the comparison ends.

By the way, how did Carlyle do with that team once the pieces of that Cup winning team fell away?? When Carlyle had only a couple of talented kids, he did not win.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!!!
Guest4178 Posted - 03/02/2012 : 13:24:39
Have the Leafs already fired Ron Wilson? :)

Interesting, it was just a few months ago when Ron Wilson was feeling positively giddy, when he tweeted the following on Christmas day, "He came! He came!" Remember saying that as a little kid? Well he did: I got a new Red Ryder BB gun and a contract extension!”

Were Leaf fans calling for Wilson's head then?

Sure things have changed, but it was a tight race when Wilson was given the contract extension (rumoured to be only one year) at the Christmas break. The Leafs were in 6th place in the Eastern Conference back then, and right now, they are in 10th place in the Eastern Conference. (New Jersey, Ottawa, Winnipeg and Washington have since passed them.)

Seems like a big swing, but the point difference is not overly significant. At the Christmas break, the Leafs were only 3 points ahead of the 9th/10th placed teams, and right now, they are still only 3 points away from a playoff position.

Regardless, moving from 6th place to 10th place is not good enough to most Toronto fans (at least this year), so it's not overly surprising that some are calling for the coach's head!

But please don't make him put a bag over his head! {For those too young to remember, Harold Ballard fired Roger Neilson in the late 70's as his head coach, and after fan pressure, reinstated him as coach. He asked Neilson to wear a paper bag over his head, but Neilson (thankfully) refused.}
Guest9722 Posted - 03/02/2012 : 13:23:48
Ted Nolan would be conditional upon evaluating Riemer and Gustafson's wives/girlfriends
foolpittier Posted - 03/02/2012 : 13:18:12
Ted Nolan
Beans15 Posted - 03/02/2012 : 13:15:25
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

I voted other. I think it's obvious, it should be Slozo.

In all honesty, i really don't have a clue / opinion on it. However, being that they're one of the younger teams, perhaps they need a coach who's good with the youngsters and is a good teacher of hockey?

Hey you big jerk, you beat me to this joke!! I was going to say Duke as it would be awesome to see the Leafs go from a run and gun style of team to a trap team minute to minute. Or to see Kadri on the first line and Komesarik on then PP.

Kidding aside, I think it will be a young, up and comer. Wilson is an old dog and if Burke is looking for a change I think it will not be an old dog type coach.

Ultimately, I don't think Burke will fire him. I think the Leaf fans will have to endure at least the first 20 games of next season with "Dirty Ron" behind the bench.
mandree888 Posted - 03/02/2012 : 12:31:32
i voted randy carlyle
1. because i know quinn aint comeing back no matter how much i want him to
and
2. carlyly was the head coach that Brian burke brought to the ducks. he won a cup with BB with the ducks and has a lot of ties with BB
BTW was wilson fired when i wasnt looking?? cause i am pretty sure he is still the Head coach.
this poll is kinda redundant until he is fired dontcha think.
Alex116 Posted - 03/02/2012 : 12:11:43
I voted other. I think it's obvious, it should be Slozo.

In all honesty, i really don't have a clue / opinion on it. However, being that they're one of the younger teams, perhaps they need a coach who's good with the youngsters and is a good teacher of hockey?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page