Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Central Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Colorado
 Playoff Push

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
topcornermax Posted - 03/07/2012 : 11:15:10
I honestly think with the recent streak the AVS are on right now a long playoff run might be in store as long as they can beat the nucks
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest9555 Posted - 03/30/2012 : 13:15:29
I am looking for the Cinderella story here boys.. Go Avs
@valanche Posted - 03/08/2012 : 09:14:48
fair enough nuxfan. i'm assuming since they have one of the lowest payrolls in the league and they need to meet the minimum again next year and they have a good nucleus of young players that they will want to fork out the money to keep a good team together. they will likely lose a couple players but none of the great young up and comers that are the identity of the team.

66 is > than 99
nuxfan Posted - 03/08/2012 : 09:00:01
quote:
Originally posted by @valanche
expect them between 4th and 7th next year.

It would be impossible to know what they'll do next year until they figure out who will be on the team. They currently have 4 players under contract for next year, and another 8 RFA's that will likely stay. The rest is up in the air.
@valanche Posted - 03/08/2012 : 08:41:02
they have been playing better as of late no doubt. however, they are not a true contender yet and still the youngest team in the league.

expect them between 4th and 7th next year. for this year just making the playoffs would be a huge accomplishment considering last season. varlamov has started to look like a true #1 goalie and they made a couple good trades before the deadline. with washington struggling in the crease they may have wanted to hold on to varly i can't see that first round pick helping them anytime soon.

i just recall washington fans giving such a hard time to the avs varlamov was injury prone and the first rounder would be a lottery pick... i don't wanna speak too soon but it could be the avs making the playoffs and washing golfing in a month!

oh and on a side note gabriel landeskog has 20 points in his last 20 games after starting the season with 23 in 48. this guy is the real deal he leads rookies in shots, hits, +/-, goals, and now points.

66 is > than 99
Clatts Posted - 03/07/2012 : 15:13:42
Clearly the Aves do not have a stong enough team to compete in the playoffs, I like Alex do not see them even making the playoffs. I think they would be lucky to finish 10th in the west

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors
Alex116 Posted - 03/07/2012 : 14:42:08
quote:
Originally posted by topcornermax

I honestly think with the recent streak the AVS are on right now a long playoff run might be in store as long as they can beat the nucks

Wow, beat the Canucks or not, that's one BOLD statement! They don't even look to be making the playoffs at this point. Here's the standings before play today/tonight.....

Spot's 6-11
GP PTS
6. Chicago 68 79
7. Phoenix 67 75
8. San Jose 65 74
9. Los Angeles 66 74
10. Colorado 68 74
11. Calgary 67 72

Lot's of hockey to be played, but at least 2 teams to jump as well as hold off Calgary from doing the same!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page