Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hits, Fights and other Nasties!
 Neil hit on Boychuk

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 02/26/2012 : 20:11:02
Chris Neil's devastating hit on Johnny Boychuk on Feb 25, 2012. Could this be the hit of the year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7V7i0N5JZU
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 04/26/2012 : 15:19:54
quote:
Originally posted by @valanche

I personally like Orpik's on paille. the hit by neil was a lot more bone crushing and painful but the way paille flies through the air loosing his stick is pretty comical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDLbJ-6OpbI

66 is > than 99

Excellent one as well. I don't recall seeing that one! I would have a tough time choosing between them.
@valanche Posted - 04/26/2012 : 12:27:54
I personally like Orpik's on paille. the hit by neil was a lot more bone crushing and painful but the way paille flies through the air loosing his stick is pretty comical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDLbJ-6OpbI

66 is > than 99
Alex116 Posted - 04/26/2012 : 11:34:39
quote:
Originally posted by jimmight

I would have thought a realistic wind instrument would have been even more difficult than a mechanically input device like a piano. Yet, they pulled it off.

jimmight

Uh....sure?

Def a great hit. I remember when it happened i thought it was a charge, but clearly that wasn't the case, in fact, Neil wasn't even moving very fast at all.
jimmight Posted - 04/25/2012 : 22:25:50
I would have thought a realistic wind instrument would have been even more difficult than a mechanically input device like a piano. Yet, they pulled it off.

jimmight
Shepsky Posted - 02/27/2012 : 04:49:53
I am going to have to agree, beautiful clean devastating hit. What I don't like is why do players have to defend themselves in a fight after a clean open ice hit? That is part of the game, if you get hit cleanly , suck it up and keep playing, only when a hit is dirty should a player have to defend it. Keep the game flowing!
nuxfan Posted - 02/26/2012 : 22:28:26
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Simple answer, yes.

What makes this hit so awesome is that it looked like Neil used the Boston player against the boards as a shield so when Boychuck glances up, I doubt he could see Neil coming.

This is a perfect example of a text book hockey hit. This was the best hit I have seen all season for sure.

Yeah, I said the same in the other Neil thread - probably the best hit I've seen this year as well - both clean and devastating at the same time. And then Neil takes on Chara in defense of the hit, and seems to win the fight...
Beans15 Posted - 02/26/2012 : 20:23:18
Simple answer, yes.

What makes this hit so awesome is that it looked like Neil used the Boston player against the boards as a shield so when Boychuck glances up, I doubt he could see Neil coming.

This is a perfect example of a text book hockey hit. This was the best hit I have seen all season for sure.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page