Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Montreal
 Marc Bergervin named Montreal GM

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Seventy7Fifty2 Posted - 05/02/2012 : 04:03:54
Well, Habs finally made the decision for new GM.
Is this a good choice in your opinion?
I believe Habs made first good move, now don't screw up the coaching decision!
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mandree888 Posted - 06/05/2012 : 07:33:40
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=633839

finalized therrien is official
Guest7752 Posted - 06/05/2012 : 06:05:18
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7752

Looks like Hartley is out of the picture?
He signed in Calgary??
Therrien next??

Looks like Therrien afterall for coach - the Montreal media is going nuts trying to be the "first" to break the news...

For the Habs - maybe one step forward with new GM, and two steps backwards with "old" coach??
Guest7752 Posted - 06/04/2012 : 10:49:54
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Lol, heard about it not long after my post yesterday, but 7752 sure had the early word on this! 7752, you in Calgary by chance? You work with the Flames? Media?

Heard it in Montreal "rumor mill"...
Alex116 Posted - 06/01/2012 : 13:48:02
Lol, heard about it not long after my post yesterday, but 7752 sure had the early word on this! 7752, you in Calgary by chance? You work with the Flames? Media?
mandree888 Posted - 05/31/2012 : 10:06:43
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=633377

there ya go alex
Alex116 Posted - 05/31/2012 : 08:41:29
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7752

He signed in Calgary??
Therrien next??

7752, where'd you hear this? I just googled Hartley's name and nothing about Calgary comes up?

ETA....okay, just tried it again and there are a few things on him having a second interview in Calgary? But i still see nothing of him actually committing to them or signing a deal yet?
Guest7752 Posted - 05/31/2012 : 08:36:57
He signed in Calgary??
Therrien next??
MrBoogedy Posted - 05/29/2012 : 22:29:33
I'd take Hartley over Therrien anyday.
Guest7752 Posted - 05/29/2012 : 07:24:18
Looks like Bob Hartley is front runner for new coach, and Habs are close to announcement.
Shawinigan Cataractes coach Eric Veilleux may join him as an assistant.
This news is buzzing in Montreal today.....

Pasty7 Posted - 05/23/2012 : 18:09:10
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl120521.html

now here is an interesting thought.

what do you think pasty instead of staal where you said you pretty sure the canadiens end up with staal.

they end up with legendary goalie patrick roy as new head coach and then trade for radulov??

I few of the TSN guys on the 990 am have commented they think Roy is not a Bergevin kinda guy i tend to agree with their thought process but i really don't know. I think Radulov in Montreal is a bad mix, the guy obviously has issue staying out past curfew and montreal and it's night life are quite distracting, I personally don't think it would be a good idea

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
mandree888 Posted - 05/23/2012 : 06:51:07
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl120521.html

now here is an interesting thought.

what do you think pasty instead of staal where you said you pretty sure the canadiens end up with staal.

they end up with legendary goalie patrick roy as new head coach and then trade for radulov??
Pasty7 Posted - 05/05/2012 : 09:24:39
great choice i think from my limited knowledge but here on tsn990 radio i have herd several people from around the league do nothing but say great things about his eye for talent, Rick Dudley of the leafs even said he is in the top 1% of talent assesors in the league. So i'm not going to pretend to have personal knowledge but he has been known as the best teamate a guy could have throughout his playing career 20 plus years he is quite young (46) by GM terms and has moved up very fast in a sucessful organization so I am anxious to see what he does,
he seems to be nothing but a class act and hopefully will be a little more transparent and speak to the media unlike his predassesor

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Guest7752 Posted - 05/02/2012 : 10:41:30
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

He's been steadily moving up the management ranks with CHI over the last 5 years, and a GM job would be the next step in his evolution. I think its a good move for him, and a good place to go - MTL is pretty much as low as they could go, but have a few bright young players and prospects to help move the team forward. Its exactly what he did in CHI leading up to their Cup season.

And, he speaks French, so the press will leave Molsons alone.

The local rumors also are saying the Mr. McGuire could still be in this Habs GM mix, as an assistant to Bergervin.
That could be a good tihng if you consider Pierre's experience in Pittsburg, and discard his awful TV broadcasting experience!
nuxfan Posted - 05/02/2012 : 09:25:05
He's been steadily moving up the management ranks with CHI over the last 5 years, and a GM job would be the next step in his evolution. I think its a good move for him, and a good place to go - MTL is pretty much as low as they could go, but have a few bright young players and prospects to help move the team forward. Its exactly what he did in CHI leading up to their Cup season.

And, he speaks French, so the press will leave Molsons alone.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page