Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 American Announcers

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest2992 Posted - 04/30/2012 : 17:39:51
Am I the only one who thinks that the announcers on the arerican networks suck and know absolutley nothing about hockey?

Leave it to the Canadians Eh...
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 05/14/2012 : 04:37:05
quote:
Originally posted by ToXXiK1

where is spell check Slozo?
arerican lol

"Where is spell-check, slozo?"

. . . insert comment on people who throw rocks in glass houses . . .

And, potentially, this guest could be talking about the little known Arerican tribe of southwest Dakota - a quiet band of natives that just happens to have produced a few stand-out hockey announcers . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest2992 Posted - 05/13/2012 : 19:52:50
Cool story bro.[quote]Originally posted by ToXXiK1

arerican lol
[/quote
ToXXiK1 Posted - 05/10/2012 : 09:29:40
arerican lol
Beans15 Posted - 05/07/2012 : 10:59:17
A couple of things:

Firstly, the scheduling has nothing to do with America, it has to do with money. NBC is paying the NHL over a billion in the next 10 yrs. So if they want afternoon games, they get afternoon games. If TSN or CBC pony up cash, they too can dictate the schedule.

Secondly, I agree the NBC guys are generally over the top with their play by play, but I have to admit that I prefer them over the guys on CBC. The CBC commentators have such a heavy Canadian bias it makes it hard to watch. TSN has a bias as well but not nearly that of the CBC guys.

I don't like how over the top the NBC guys go but at least they are over the top for both teams, regardless of who is playing.

Also, the NBC guys are going the exact job they are supposed to. Has anyone ever thought that hockey commentating in Canada might not lend itself to sell the sport in the US?? Why not use a US strategy in the US?? How crazy would that be??

At least we have options. When I was growing up you were lucky to see more than 2 games a week and that was HNIC on Saturday (one game, not two or three) and maybe a local feed of your local team.

Daniel Alfredsson is the MVP of the universe. All hail the Ottawa Senators!!!!!
theraj662 Posted - 05/07/2012 : 09:27:18
I agree 100%! I CAN'T STAND watching hockey on the American feed! I'm not prejudiced against Americans by any stretch, I just feel like networks don't know how to broadcast hockey. They hire the wrong announcers who sound like they are announcing some NCAA game, rather than an NHL playoff game. There are a LOT of great American play by play guys who work for the individual teams. The guy who does the Sabres games is fantastic! The networks have to do a better job hiring play by play guys for the national feeds. The Networks wonder why hockey never pulls in good ratings nationally. It's not rocket science, hire hockey guys to call hockey games, not NCAA broadcasters. If you have guys that are actually excited and into the games they are calling, rather than guys that are just merely doing the job they were hired to do, you'll notice a BIG difference in viewer interest and ratings.
Alex116 Posted - 05/05/2012 : 13:29:55
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9941

My point is that we always pander to the Americans. It seems like they say "jump", & Canadians say "how high".

I think part of the problem is the fact that the NHL is doing it's best to "sell the game" in the US. Unfortunately, that means catering to their wants and needs to a degree.
Guest9941 Posted - 05/05/2012 : 11:57:28
I was actually making 2 points, hence the 2nd paragraph.

My point is that we always pander to the Americans. It seems like they say "jump", & Canadians say "how high".

And as to times of the games, if there is ever a game on during the week, I'm lucky if I'm home to see the 3rd period or O/T. And I'm not referring to early starts.
nuxfan Posted - 05/05/2012 : 11:52:32
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9941

And why oh why do we have to start watching early in the am on weekends when games are in the US. (And not just the playoff's either - when the Canucks were in Boston in January - a 10 am start here - give me a break !!). It's not like it's on the other side of the world. I like to be able to get chores & cleaning done, & then maybe sit down & enjoy from late afternoon on. Just 'cos most of us here don't sit on our asses & watch TV all weekend. There's a reason it was called "Hockey Night in Canada" !!

erm, are you blaming timezones on American announcers? Thats a bit of a stretch... the US loves afternoon sports, NBC does the scheduling.

I wonder if eastern teams blame our announcers when they have to wait until 10pm on a Saturday to start watch their team play in Vancouver...
Guest9941 Posted - 05/05/2012 : 11:31:23
Also, when you listen & the American announcers try to compare a hockey play to football. Puleeese !!. It sounds like their audience is in Grade 1. Oh, yeah.................American channel !! Say no more.

And why oh why do we have to start watching early in the am on weekends when games are in the US. (And not just the playoff's either - when the Canucks were in Boston in January - a 10 am start here - give me a break !!). It's not like it's on the other side of the world. I like to be able to get chores & cleaning done, & then maybe sit down & enjoy from late afternoon on. Just 'cos most of us here don't sit on our asses & watch TV all weekend. There's a reason it was called "Hockey Night in Canada" !!
Guest3782 Posted - 05/02/2012 : 10:09:27
It'' s hard to watch the CBC feed also when you can see Pierre Mcguire wedged between the benches, but cannot hear him. So I switch over to NBC sometimes just to hear Pierre over exaggerate about everything....until i get annoyed lol.
Guest4744 Posted - 05/01/2012 : 11:35:20
CBC has gone way down in my book. TSN # 1 these days and it kills me to say it bu I too would rather watch NBC than CBC this playoffs.
semin-rules Posted - 05/01/2012 : 11:34:05
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

I cannot stand watching the NBC feeds either, the announcers they have on that network get way too excited about otherwise regular hockey plays. They drive me nuts.

I thought I was the only one!! I cannot stand listening to them.
Guest2775 Posted - 05/01/2012 : 06:56:50
Have to agree with Ryan93, Had to switch to NBC last year to watch the cup finals as Hughsons bias was really starting to bother me.
ryan93 Posted - 05/01/2012 : 06:09:23
I'm the opposite. I've never liked Jim Hughson, who is calling the Rangers/Caps series on CBC. Sunday I watched the pregame show on CBC, then switched over to NBC for the actual game, then back to CBC for the intermissions.

I wish i was able to get the MSG feed with Sam & Joe :(
nuxfan Posted - 04/30/2012 : 22:05:06
I cannot stand watching the NBC feeds either, the announcers they have on that network get way too excited about otherwise regular hockey plays. They drive me nuts.
sahis34 Posted - 04/30/2012 : 17:41:06
Nashville...

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page