Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Real Leaf Haters only please

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MrBoogedy Posted - 02/17/2011 : 02:52:07
he he he
okay, just for those of us who don't want to talk about the warm and fuzzy side of the leafs, here's your place. Draw upon the negative, point out every fault, make-fun, draw comparisons to muppets or fraggles, feel free.
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 11/15/2012 : 13:53:30
That was awesome. Wait does that mean my team is playing at 50/50.
MrBoogedy Posted - 11/14/2012 : 01:39:38
Halfway into Novemeber and the Leafs have yet to win a game while the Habs go undefeated. Woohoo!!!
Lee Marshall Posted - 10/31/2012 : 16:08:23
46 years of 'thick' and THIN, and I do mean thin, are enough. Loyalty is a 2-way street. Leaf fans live on a one way street and it ain't leading to them. I'm sick and tired of finding another team to root for every year during the playoffs. Most years the season is over in April...just as it was back in the 70 game schedule 6 team era. [but with no result of note]

I've bought the merchandise, I've bought the tickets, hot dogs and beers. I've invested my passion[s] and I've been repaid with empty promises and half-assed efforts/results. If the word FAN is short for fantatically stupid...I've been ALL that....way beyond long enough.

Who the cap fits...Let them wear it.
Guest4178 Posted - 10/31/2012 : 13:29:26
Very good point about cup expectations.

With 30 NHL teams, the average team will win 2-3 cups in an average fan's lifetime. Better teams will win more than that, which means that a handful of teams may only win a cup in a fan's lifetime. (Or maybe not see a cup win at all.)

No disrespect to the Leafs or Habs (I was a Habs fan growing up), but winning a cup in a 6-team league is way different than it is today.

I definitely understand the frustration of Leafs fans though. It's been a long time since their last cup win, but if they ever make it to the finals (which they haven't done since 1967), it will be a sweet experience for those who have stuck with "their" team through thick or thin. (Mostly thin.)

And if the Leafs ever win the cup, it will be an incredible feeling for Leafs fans.

I know this is supposed to be a Leaf-bashing thread, but no NHL team has as many fans as the Leafs. It's just a matter of population density, and being an original six team, which has built their large fan base.

The only Leaf-bashing I'll do is remark that their fans (some, and emphasis on some) act like the Leafs are the greatest team in history (when they're not, especially the last 45 years), so if the Leafs were "my" team, I would be a bit more humble!
Beans15 Posted - 10/31/2012 : 12:47:38
I can't imagine cheering for another team. I get that I have been fortunate as an Oiler fan and being old enough to have cheered through the glory days of the 80's. However, it has now been 22 years since my team has won the Cup. It has been longer for those in Calgary by a few years. Granted the Sens are a younger franchise but they have never won the Cup and Vancouver has not been a winner....ever. Even the storied Habs have broken their 'Cup in every decade' streak.

Leaf fans are not alone in their anguish. Granted the other teams have not been toiling for as long, but my point is that there are entire generations in each of the Canadian hockey cities that have not witnessed their team win the Cup.

Does that mean that full generations should jump ship??? Today's NHL is not the same as the one you grew up in. 6 teams means a Cup is expected in a reasonable amount of time. Even my generation who was growing up with 21 teams had a higher expectations. But we also lived through a time where players often spent all or most of their career with one team. A squad could grow and develop over a period of time and also stay a good team over the long haul.

Those days are gone.

Daniel Alfredsson is the MVP of the universe. All hail the Ottawa Senators!!!!!
Lee Marshall Posted - 10/31/2012 : 09:20:30
The way I figure it I've given about 54 years of my life to the Leafs. I was about 6 when I 'got' it. And I was quickly rewarded with 4 cups over what?...6 or 7 years.

Then John Bassett was discharged from the procedings...followed shortly thereafter by Stafford Smythe. Conn was just a figurehead by then. [ By the way I won a championship as a Bantam playing for the Humber Valley Staffs (named after Stafford who invested heavily in the whole Humber Valley Hockey organization...including building a rink) way back in that era.] The coach told me I played with a style similar to that of Allan Stanley. Frank Mahovlich and Tim Horton were my favourites...quickly followed by Davey Keon. I actually fished with Tom Horton who used to own a cottage located on the same lake near Huntsville as our family cottage.

Then along came the Harold Ballard 'era' and his dismal burying of our once proud franchise. It was during his reign of terror that I moved out to Winnipeg to work. Jim Gregory and Roger Neilson almost got the team back to respectability in spite of Fat Harold. But no.........He put an end to THAT.

Then along came Steve Stavro after Ballard finally stopped inflicting his poison on the team. Things really caught fire with Cliff Fletcher and Pat Burns. So near and yet so far. Pat Quinn did a marvelous job but somehow they just couldn't come up with suitable linemates for poor Mats Sundin who somehow still managed to get 'er done almost singlehandedly...at least in terms of scoring.

But over these past 45-46 seasons it's been so little in terms of meaningful success. And the team continues to wallow in mediocrity. Someone close to 'it' once told me that there was a pact amongst the league ownership to NOT deal with Ballard and that THAT continued on beyond his welcome demise.

I, along with millions have supported the Leafs through thick and thin for what seems like forever...and for our loyalty we've been treated to a towering mound of shyte with only the odd flicker of hope. The team has given back SO MUCH less than they've received. They've played us for pansies. They had HUGE holes to fill in this off season and they did almost nothing. What's-his-face from Philly? Possibly Luong-5-hole? That ain't gonna get it done. Not even close.

I'm sick and tired of giving so much and getting so little in return. 46 years? It's an insult. Yes if they ever win again in my lifetime...which is highly unlikely...I'll be happy for the long-suffering Leaf fans in Toronto and across the country. They deserve something to finally, at L O N G last be ecstatic about.........BUT.........my days of living and dying [mostly dying] with the Leafs are done. My loyalty has been ignored. It's time for me to offer some payback. I finally get it.

To continue with my support would only emphasize what a fool I've been ever since Ballard buried the team uniforms and then, finally, the team itself. The corpse has never really recovered.

So...Go Jets Go!!! MLSE...I'm gone.

n/a Posted - 10/31/2012 : 07:32:17
quote:
Originally posted by Lee Marshall

It is decidely in the right forum. 'Trash Talk'. So, as a result, it's all trash.

The Leafs are trash. Burke is a trash collector. Time to throw Bettman into the trash.

I've given the Leafs enough of my time, money and life. They've done precious little for me since I was 15 years old. Coming up to 46 years later I realize that I've been TAKEN for a long, inglorious 'ride' and I have nothing to show for it but a sore butt.

I don't hate 'em...I just feel sorry for the fans who've endured this for WAY TOO FREAKIN' LONG.

I was happy that the season was cancelled. [well...cancelled 'til December so far] It spares me from futher disappointment, embarassment and ridicule from my pals who know better than to expect anything substantive from the Leafs.

Can't really think of another team to cheer for except the Jets. Used to live in Winnipeg [76-83] I was there when they were winning AVCO Cups and when they became part of the NHL. So...when hokey returns.... [yes I typed hokey...that's the lot in life for a leaf supporter] ...it'll be all about the Jets for me.

[I can't/won't support Ottawa. Really can't back the Habs who also may never win a Stanley Cup again. The other Canadian teams are just too far away fom here. AND...Calgary's won a cup. The Oilers several of 'em. Then there's Vancouver who've shot their bolt...they're done/caput.]

I'll never cheer for a U.S. team to hold OUR trophy so Winnipeg it is.

You have mislabelled yourself, Mr. Marshall.

I get that with your tirades here the last couple of days . . . you are a frustrated fan, one who only wants to watch hockey. I get it, and I empathise.

But as a former Leaf fan who is totally disenchanted and will now switch allegiances . . . that is just a "retired Leaf fan", nothing more, nothing less. Retired, or former/used to be.

Here's a good question for you though, Lee:
If the Leafs (when hockey returns eventually) actually make the playoffs and go on a run . . . will you switch back? Is there anything that would make you switch back?

It would simply be poor irony to watch you cheering on your Jets issing the playoffs while my Leafers go on to the cup final and win it all (obviously a hypothetical scenario, lol )

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Lee Marshall Posted - 10/30/2012 : 10:53:55
It is decidely in the right forum. 'Trash Talk'. So, as a result, it's all trash.

The Leafs are trash. Burke is a trash collector. Time to throw Bettman into the trash.

I've given the Leafs enough of my time, money and life. They've done precious little for me since I was 15 years old. Coming up to 46 years later I realize that I've been TAKEN for a long, inglorious 'ride' and I have nothing to show for it but a sore butt.

I don't hate 'em...I just feel sorry for the fans who've endured this for WAY TOO FREAKIN' LONG.

I was happy that the season was cancelled. [well...cancelled 'til December so far] It spares me from futher disappointment, embarassment and ridicule from my pals who know better than to expect anything substantive from the Leafs.

Can't really think of another team to cheer for except the Jets. Used to live in Winnipeg [76-83] I was there when they were winning AVCO Cups and when they became part of the NHL. So...when hokey returns.... [yes I typed hokey...that's the lot in life for a leaf supporter] ...it'll be all about the Jets for me.

[I can't/won't support Ottawa. Really can't back the Habs who also may never win a Stanley Cup again. The other Canadian teams are just too far away fom here. AND...Calgary's won a cup. The Oilers several of 'em. Then there's Vancouver who've shot their bolt...they're done/caput.]

I'll never cheer for a U.S. team to hold OUR trophy so Winnipeg it is.

MrBoogedy Posted - 05/15/2012 : 21:26:08
I so love that this thread is still going...
Alex116 Posted - 05/15/2012 : 09:38:01
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8384

I bet you that Canada will win the World Cup before Toronto wins the Stanley Cup.

Wow, that's a really low blow to Leaf fans! Thankfully this is in the right thread at least.
Guest8384 Posted - 05/15/2012 : 04:28:09
I bet you that Canada will win the World Cup before Toronto wins the Stanley Cup.
Alex116 Posted - 05/14/2012 : 12:17:22
I have to totally disagree with anyone saying that Canadians don't care about soccer. It's a very popular sport and one day the Canadian Soccer federation will get off their asses and put some money into the program to get it to a more respectable level. In the meantime, i've heard nothing but good things with the TO franchise and Montreal and Vancouver are new additions, expanding the game here in Canada at "the next level". I can tell you one thing, the Whitecaps are having no problem drawing fans. Vancouver is a soccer hot bed of sorts!
Guest7752 Posted - 05/14/2012 : 10:52:54
quote:
Originally posted by defobust

quote:
Originally posted by Guest7752

What's even worse is that the Torontonians don't even have anywhere else to go...
Baseball??
MLS ??
Basketball??
CFL ??!?
Lacrosse??
Even the Canadian Olympians (that win medals!) are mainly from BC, Alberta, Quebec... all "smaller" population provinces when compared to Ontario!

No wonder the center-of-the-universe-city "closes" at about 10:00 pm... there's nothing to do, everyone's depressed supporting losing sport franchises that are making tons of money off the backs of their fans while the rest of Canada is laughing at them.

You are a foolish man...Toronto closes at 10pm...Im guessing you havent been to Toronto very often...and to say we dont have any other teams??

Baseball - Toronto Blue Jays up and coming team, may not win the championship this season but are on there way to being force for years.

Basketball - Toronto Raptors...unfortunately Americans dont like playing here but for a team that is terrible they played pretty damn well this season and with the best player in Europe coming next season and another top 10 pick this season who knows where the raptors will be next season.

MLS- Really this is Canada and nobody cares about soccer

CFL- The only one I agree with you on...but we have a new QB this year so we may have some hope again.

Lacrosse - Im pretty sure Toronto has won 6 championships in the last 12 seasons. Including the one 2 seasons ago. Dont know if you have heard of the Toronto Rock??

As for the athletes coming from outside of Ontario...lets see we have the best tennis player in Canada (Ranoic)...best mens Curling team with (Howard)...all the best NHL players come from Ontario.....as well as many others. Im pretty sure Ontario breads the best althletes in this country so please get your facts straight before you go bashing a province you know nothing about!!

Sean K

Baseball - Toronto Blue Jays up and coming team, may not win the championship this season but are on there way to being force for years.

We've been hearing that for how many years now??
Were you born last time they won anything?

Basketball - Toronto Raptors...unfortunately Americans dont like playing here but for a team that is terrible they played pretty damn well this season and with the best player in Europe coming next season and another top 10 pick this season who knows where the raptors will be next season

And how many OTHER stars have to be aligned too in order to see "who knows" where they can be next year?
When Burke came over to Leafs.... EVERYONE said "who knows where they'll be in a couple of years"...
Please remind everyone here where they are now?

You say this 'cause YOU don't like soccer and TFC sucks... go watch a game at "your" BMO field one day and maybe repeat your statement there??

CFL- The only one I agree with you on...but we have a new QB this year so we may have some hope again

Here we go again, EVEN MORE stars are expected to be aligned AGAIN.....

Lacrosse - Im pretty sure Toronto has won 6 championships in the last 12 seasons. Including the one 2 seasons ago. Dont know if you have heard of the Toronto Rock??

Well WHO CARES about Lacrosse?
If this argument/response is good for you on soccer, then it's good for others too on Lacrosse.

As for the athletes coming from outside of Ontario

You'd better go do more research on that subject...
And make sure you look up OTHER provinces too, not just athletes from ON...
The_Gipper Posted - 05/11/2012 : 08:26:26
while i do agree that he hasn't done very much in the NHL to this day, i'd also argue that he's still only 21 years old.
IMO, this has been the problem in "Leaf Nation" for way too long now. expectations for draft picks such as Kadri are sky high right from the get go, and one or two years after they're drafted if they aren't showing signs of becoming the next Wayne Gretzky (a little over the top but necessary to make my point), they are shipped out of town. then 5 years down the road they are a consistent 60-70 point player with another NHL team, and everytime they roll into Toronto as an opposing player they have a career game.
this is something that i beleive Burke is trying to change in Toronto. show a bit more patience with their prospects and let them develop more before making decisions with their future. and i think their AHL farm team is proof of that right now.

not knocking your opinion Beans. your entitled to what you think and I respect that, and in some ways in Kadri's case I agree with you. mine is just a general comment about the overall impatience that is consistently shown within "Leafs Nation". not just by the fans, but also by a great deal of the Toronto media as well.
Beans15 Posted - 05/11/2012 : 05:36:01
quote:
Originally posted by The_Gipper

quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

It's hard to say anything about Biggs and Percy. Although I think Kadri is a bust, he still might turn out to be something. That being said, the only Leaf players drafted by the Leafs in the 1st or 2nd round since 2000 still playing with the team are Schenn and Kulemin.

Beans - curious why you think Kadri is a bust?

Because he hasn't done anything since the draft. He was drafted as an offensive player and he has a total of 12 pts in 30 NHL games in the three years since he was drafted. When I watch him against other NHLer's he looks small and out of place.

I just don't see him as a legit everyday NHL player. I see that as a bust. Maybe I'm wron and he will pan out. By its hrd to argue to he hasn't to his point. This is a guy the Leafs wanted to step in year two or year three. He latest. He is starting year four and still has to fight for a roster spot.

The_Gipper Posted - 05/11/2012 : 05:23:50
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

It's hard to say anything about Biggs and Percy. Although I think Kadri is a bust, he still might turn out to be something. That being said, the only Leaf players drafted by the Leafs in the 1st or 2nd round since 2000 still playing with the team are Schenn and Kulemin.

Beans - curious why you think Kadri is a bust?
Beans15 Posted - 05/10/2012 : 09:48:42
hockeydb.com has a really great history of draft picks for all teams.

Here is a list of all the Leafs draft picks for the Leafs since 2000. Sorted by Round, then year. Some interesting names on the list and few who have or are still having an impact for the Leafs. Guys like Boyes, Rask, Steen, and Stalberg, Colaiacovo would sure fill some gaps the Leafs have today.

Draft Rnd Num. Player
2011 1 22 Tyler Biggs
2011 1 25 Stuart Percy
2009 1 7 Nazem Kadri
2008 1 5 Luke Schenn
2006 1 13 Jiri Tlusty
2005 1 21 Tuukka Rask
2002 1 24 Alexander Steen
2001 1 17 Carlo Colaiacovo
2000 1 24 Brad Boyes
2010 2 43 Brad Ross
2009 2 50 Kenny Ryan
2009 2 58 Jesse Blacker
2008 2 60 Jimmy Hayes
2006 2 44 Nikolai Kulemin
2003 2 57 John Doherty
2002 2 57 Matthew Stajan
2001 2 39 Karel Pilar
2000 2 51 Kris Vernarsky
2011 3 86 Joshua Leivo
2010 3 62 Greg McKegg
2010 3 79 Sondre Olden
2009 3 68 Jamie Devane
2007 3 74 Dale Mitchell
2005 3 82 Phil Oreskovic
2004 3 90 Justin Pogge
2003 3 91 Martin Sagat
2002 3 74 Todd Ford
2002 3 88 Dominic D'Amour
2001 3 65 Brendan Bell
2001 3 82 Jay Harrison
2001 3 88 Nicolas Corbeil
2000 3 70 Mikael Tellqvist
2000 3 90 Jean-Francois Racine
2011 4 100 Tom Nilsson
2010 4 116 Petter Granberg
2008 4 98 Mikhail Stefanovich
2007 4 99 Matt Frattin
2007 4 104 Ben Winnett
2006 4 99 James Reimer
2006 4 111 Korbinian Holzer
2004 4 113 Roman Kukumberg
2003 4 125 Konstantin Volkov
2002 4 122 David Turon
2000 4 100 Miguel Delisle
2011 5 130 Tony Cameranesi
2010 5 144 Sam Carrick
2010 5 146 Daniel Brodin
2009 5 128 Eric Knodel
2008 5 128 Greg Pateryn
2008 5 129 Joel Champagne
2008 5 130 Jerome Flaake
2007 5 134 Juraj Mikus
2005 5 153 Alex Berry
2004 5 157 Dmitry Vorobiev
2003 5 158 John Mitchell
2001 5 134 Kyle Wellwood
2011 6 152 David Broll
2011 6 173 Dennis Robertson
2009 6 158 Jerry D'Amigo
2008 6 158 Grant Rollheiser
2007 6 164 Christopher DiDomenico
2006 6 161 Viktor Stalberg
2006 6 166 Tyler Ruegsegger
2006 6 180 Leo Komarov
2005 6 173 Johan Dahlberg
2004 6 187 Robbie Earl
2002 6 191 Ian White
2001 6 168 Maxim Kondratiev
2001 6 183 Jaroslav Sklenar
2000 6 179 Vadim Sozinov
2011 7 190 Garret Sparks
2011 7 203 Max Everson
2010 7 182 Josh Nicholls
2009 7 188 Barron Smith
2008 7 188 Andrew MacWilliam
2007 7 194 Carl Gunnarsson
2005 7 216 Anton Stralman
2005 7 228 Chad Rau
2004 7 220 Maxim Semenov
2003 7 220 Jeremy Williams
2002 7 222 Scott May
2001 7 198 Ivan Kolozvary
2001 7 213 Jan Chovan
2000 7 209 Markus Seikola
2000 7 223 Lubos Velebny
2004 8 252 Jan Steber
2003 8 237 Shaun Landolt
2002 8 254 Jarkko Immonen
2001 8 246 Tomas Mojzis
2000 8 254 Alexander Shinkar
2004 9 285 Pierce Norton
2002 9 285 Staffan Kronwall
2001 9 276 Mike Knoepfli
2000 9 265 Jean-Philippe Cote

ToXXiK1 Posted - 05/10/2012 : 09:21:08
Can someone actually show what all the 1st picks Leafs have traded away that have actually made an impact? I can't as i don't follow them that closely, but which ones are the ones in question?
Clatts Posted - 05/01/2012 : 10:45:29
quote:
Originally posted by defobust

quote:

What's even worse is that the Torontonians don't even have anywhere else to go...
Baseball??
MLS ??
Basketball??
CFL ??!?
Lacrosse??
Even the Canadian Olympians (that win medals!) are mainly from BC, Alberta, Quebec... all "smaller" population provinces when compared to Ontario!

No wonder the center-of-the-universe-city "closes" at about 10:00 pm... there's nothing to do, everyone's depressed supporting losing sport franchises that are making tons of money off the backs of their fans while the rest of Canada is laughing at them.

You are a foolish man...Toronto closes at 10pm...Im guessing you havent been to Toronto very often...and to say we dont have any other teams??

Basketball - Toronto Raptors...unfortunately Americans dont like playing here but for a team that is terrible they played pretty damn well this season and with the best player in Europe coming next season and another top 10 pick this season who knows where the raptors will be next season.

CFL- The only one I agree with you on...but we have a new QB this year so we may have some hope again.

As for the athletes coming from outside of Ontario...lets see we have the best tennis player in Canada (Ranoic)...best mens Curling team with (Howard)...all the best NHL players come from Ontario.....as well as many others. Im pretty sure Ontario breads the best althletes in this country so please get your facts straight before you go bashing a province you know nothing about!!

Sean K

Of the 3 major sports Basketball,Basball and Hockey Toronto has not made a post season in forever, Raotors a couple times with Bosh but never got out of the 1st round. They all have future promise and the Jays may do something this year but they have all stunk for a long time.

Of the others Sports, who cares there are not enough teams in any of those leauges to be proud even if they do win.

Saskatewan has a much higher number of NHLers per capita than Ontario, I forget the list but Ontario ranks 3 or 4 in NHLers per 100,000 people.

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors
Guest2775 Posted - 05/01/2012 : 06:52:22
How many years since Toronto has made the playoffs? Just think there is a new generation of Leaf fans that don't even know what it is to make the playoffs let alone win a cup.
defobust Posted - 05/01/2012 : 06:41:33
quote:

Baseball??
MLS ??
Basketball??
CFL ??!?
Lacrosse??

Sean K
theraj662 Posted - 04/30/2012 : 03:34:10
What does LEAFS stand for?

Losers

Even

After

Forty-five

Seasons
theraj662 Posted - 04/30/2012 : 03:30:40
Q: What do the Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

A: They're both O.K. until they hit the ice!
theraj662 Posted - 04/30/2012 : 03:29:24
Q: What do you call 20 millionaires standing around watching a hockey game?

A: The Toronto Maple Leafs!
theraj662 Posted - 04/30/2012 : 03:27:02
Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Stanley.

Stanley who?

Oh, you must be a Leafs fan!
Guest9630 Posted - 04/21/2012 : 10:14:15
ha ha the leafs suck and its not just a taunt us sens fans use to bug them. sens are way better than the laughs. Hahhahaha golf lefs golf.
Guest6498 Posted - 03/02/2012 : 21:23:25
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6786

[quote]

so your suggesting to support the team only when they're winning? what team do you support that must win all the time if this is your philosophy? or perhaps you just jump around from team to team each year? that's not being a true fan......in any sport.
and do you really think MLSE is content with selling out 41 regular season games, when they're missing out on potentially an additional 16 games in the playoffs? and at higher seat prices!
the owners don't look at the results each year and say "excellent! we made XXX amount of profit on our hockey operations this year even though we didn't make the playoffs." they look at it and say "this is how much more we could have made if we had a better team!" it's economics to them, and not making the playoffs is an opportunity cost.

When they aren't taking losses things ain't so bad. Beside there is this thing called TV (It's kinda a big deal) and not buying every POS with a leafs logo slapped on it from car flags to coffee cups. You CAN still support your team AND send a message WITHOUT bending over year after year and biting the pillow ya know, much less brag about it. ;)
Guest9241 Posted - 03/02/2012 : 17:55:55
I see the sky is falling with Toronto. every one calls for Wilson's head and now they got it. What the great people of T.O. don't realize is that their team is the problem, not their coach. Just watch now it will be off with Reimer,Gustavsson. They must be the problem after all we got a new coach.
Guest9209 Posted - 03/02/2012 : 15:04:21
Hey, don't be hatin on Ballard! I loved him, cause he kept the leafs perennial losers !! Leaf fans have got to be the stupidest people, cause how can you cheer for a team that even their own management doesn't believe they will win ?? My concept of a perfect season is for the Habs to end up winning the cup, but to make it a perfect season, the leafs would lose EVERY GAME !! Now that's a perfect season !!
Guest2764 Posted - 03/01/2012 : 15:45:28
I predict Phil Kessel will not ever play a playoff game for Toronto. Hes as good as gone in 2 years.
Guest6786 Posted - 03/01/2012 : 13:35:52
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6498

The thing that strikes me funny about leafs fans is how they go on and on about sell outs and their undying support of the team. Ok that's all fine and well I guess, but when you're going to continually hand the owners management cash no matter what simply because of logo you A: give the top management no incentive to actually try (Sorry but whining and media "pressure" doesn't cut it.[\i]) B: You have nobody to blame but yourself.

So yeah Leafs fans keep bragging about your mindless support and long, long, way long past glories ([i]40+ years since a last cup appearance, EL OH FN EL!
), cause that's all you have now and forever.

PS Good luck making 8th in the East... You know, that's a huge accomplishment. *snickers*

so your suggesting to support the team only when they're winning? what team do you support that must win all the time if this is your philosophy? or perhaps you just jump around from team to team each year? that's not being a true fan......in any sport.
and do you really think MLSE is content with selling out 41 regular season games, when they're missing out on potentially an additional 16 games in the playoffs? and at higher seat prices!
the owners don't look at the results each year and say "excellent! we made XXX amount of profit on our hockey operations this year even though we didn't make the playoffs." they look at it and say "this is how much more we could have made if we had a better team!" it's economics to them, and not making the playoffs is an opportunity cost.
Guest6498 Posted - 03/01/2012 : 11:45:10
The thing that strikes me funny about leafs fans is how they go on and on about sell outs and their undying support of the team. Ok that's all fine and well I guess, but when you're going to continually hand the owners management cash no matter what simply because of logo you A: give the top management no incentive to actually try (Sorry but whining and media "pressure" doesn't cut it.[\i]) B: You have nobody to blame but yourself.

So yeah Leafs fans keep bragging about your mindless support and long, long, way long past glories ([i]40+ years since a last cup appearance, EL OH FN EL!
), cause that's all you have now and forever.

PS Good luck making 8th in the East... You know, that's a huge accomplishment. *snickers*
Alex116 Posted - 03/01/2012 : 10:46:16
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

Mr. Boogedy...
Funny you should be posting on this topic with such fun making jestures......

Aren`t your precious Habs sitting in 15 th overall in the East, DEAD LAST ...now that will put a smile on my face.

Maybe you should be focusing on a new thread....making some fun at the Canadians...lmao

Duke, pretty sure Mr Boogedy started this thread back on the 17th of February, LAST YEAR. You remember, when they (the Habs) were in 6th place in the east and 11th overall??? Just an educated guess of course.
The Duke Posted - 03/01/2012 : 09:53:04
Mr. Boogedy...
Funny you should be posting on this topic with such fun making jestures......

Aren`t your precious Habs sitting in 15 th overall in the East, DEAD LAST ...now that will put a smile on my face.

Maybe you should be focusing on a new thread....making some fun at the Canadians...lmao
Guest7752 Posted - 03/01/2012 : 08:09:21
Baseball??
MLS ??
Basketball??
CFL ??!?
Lacrosse??

Guest2717 Posted - 02/29/2012 : 17:01:18
This colapse of 2012 is so sweet. The Leafs are the worst team ever. Well since 1967
Alex116 Posted - 02/18/2011 : 20:04:53
quote:
Originally posted by admin

Moved topic to trash talk

Admin, did you mean "moved topic to trash talk because it said Leaf in it!!!" ???

Normally i'd say, sorry Leaf fans, i'm just teasing, but since they're not "in here" i don't need to!
admin Posted - 02/17/2011 : 16:12:24
Moved topic to trash talk
foolpittier Posted - 02/17/2011 : 15:32:59
i will not even waste my hate on a team that is a nonthret of doing anything but losing and trading top picks.

leaf's: hay, really good team, would you like some top picks and our best players?

really good team: why sure, but will only be giving you a 27th-30th pick and maybe a second or third rounder.

leaf's: DEAL!
Mario 66 Posted - 02/17/2011 : 14:34:32
Lol ya Oil i live in Toronto and saw the articles as well the Toronto media keeps a smile on my face. Granted the leafs are only 6 points out of the playoffs but who am i as a ontario resident to indicate to them that a typical 3 - 5 game losing streak by them puts them back in the bottom 5 of the league with a jersey team ready to burn past that

Lets keep the optimism

Lemieux owns Gretzky

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page