Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Semin's Future

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest6336 Posted - 05/21/2012 : 22:21:05
Alex Semin said he isnt happy with what is going on in Washington because he is getting limited playing time. Where will he be next year?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nuxfan Posted - 05/22/2012 : 17:58:38
I think the KHL is almost a certainty.

He's a conundrum - hugely talented and hugely inconsistent. He has not lived up to his contract over the last 2 years, even when the last one was a 1 year deal. He is in the prime of his career, but has not shown that he has what it takes to produce in the NHL on a regular basis. Meanwhile, he continues to shine in other venue's (world championships, olympics, etc).

He made 6.7M last year, but I cannot see any NHL team offering him even close to that amount of money next year - one a 1 year deal, never mind multi-year. What is a perennial 55-ish point player that is not responsible defensively worth these days and goes through long stretches of non-production worth? Some team may take a flyer on him, but it will be at a diminished rate and probably another 1 year deal.

Meanwhile, Russian teams will overpay to bring their national stars back home, and Semin is a big name that definitely fits that bill. I would not be surprised to see a multi-year deal at 10M per year or more, offered by more than one KHL club for him next year.

So, will he take a pay cut to stay in the NHL, or will he take the whopper KHL deal that I think will come his way? I'm guessing KHL.
Alex116 Posted - 05/22/2012 : 08:56:11
I think he'll be on a different NHL team, however i believe he's a UFA and therefore will pick where he wants to go and not be "traded" as the poll states.

semin-rules Posted - 05/22/2012 : 08:51:35
Not going to lie, when I read the title of this topic, I thought it was going to be a discussion of what to do with me on these forums, what with all my controversial comments

Anywho, I am not sure what is going to happen to Semin, he certainly needs a change of scenery, he is not playing his best hockey, and he does not rule anymore. I am almost certain he will not be playing for Washington next season.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page