Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... New Jersey
 old man river

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 07/03/2012 : 03:13:13
Martin Brodeur has signed a 2 year 9 Mil. contract with the Devils. He just keeps rollin' along.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4377 Posted - 07/03/2012 : 18:43:16
Good for the Devils to make the Stanley Cup Final this year, but I don't see them getting close anytime soon.

In addition to Brodeur, they resigned 36-year-old defenseman Bryce Salvador for $9.5 million over the next three years. That's an overpay in my opinion. They have another 36-year-old, Patrik Elias, at $6 million this coming season. And don't forget about Kavalchuk. Yes, he's only 29 years old, but goal scorers usually reach their prime in their mid-20's, not 30 years plus! And they have this guy signed up at $6.7 million (cap hit) until the 2023-2024 season.

Getting back to Brodeur, I respect the Devils decision to resign him for the next two years. Brodeur is one of the top three goalies of the past two decades, and he stayed loyal to the team over these years. In his 21-year career with the Devils (so far), he helped them win three Stanley Cuos, and they only missed the playoffs twice. Great career, for which he deserves to finish on his terms!
Alex116 Posted - 07/03/2012 : 16:52:41
Personally i think it's a slight overpay, reputation or not, but one that's been done in a desperate hope to convince Parise to stick around. Salvador was also signed today i believe so they're doing their best to retain their players after a successful playoffs.
Guest1743 Posted - 07/03/2012 : 14:24:00
he signs the contract that will retire him almost certainly.
he did deserve it and i thought it was disrespectful a bit on both sides how things went down. first, the team not offering him enough money or enough years and then brodeur coming back with an agent which he has apparently never used.
umteman Posted - 07/03/2012 : 14:04:52
sorry slozo!

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
n/a Posted - 07/03/2012 : 05:29:52
Now I'm gonna have that song in my head for the rest of the day.

It's a hefty contract for the old guy, but . . . Jersey owes this to him, and he deserves it. He isn't the same goalie, no; but O also think Pasty might have been a bit unfair in his characterisation of Brodeur's play. You absolutely cannot get to the finals playing poorly.

But how badly will the Devils fall off the rails once Brodeur is done? That's the real question . . . and by "done", I mean ineffective, so that could happen as early as this year or next.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Pasty7 Posted - 07/03/2012 : 04:46:14
quote:
Originally posted by Shepsky

Personally I think Brodeur played very well, especially through the playoffs, I believe he has shown he can definitely play at least one more year. Good for NJ to sign him once again.

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux

I would say the exact opposite i think he was extremly ordinairy in the playoffs, and throughout the season, did anyone else notice how often he was going to the poke check? I know he has always had a bit of his own style but he never used the poke check so much before. He got lucky on so many breakaways going to the poke/fall to your side move, looking like a goalie afraid to make a save. Players quickly figured out he was going with the poke check and flopping over everytime and began shooting over top of him.

no sir Brodeur gets this kind of Money and term purley on reputation, and NJ does not seem to have a back up plan in place besides Hedberg,

Anybody with ability can play in the big leagues. But to be able to trick people year in and year out the way I did, I think that was a much greater feat.
Bob Uecker

Shepsky Posted - 07/03/2012 : 04:23:32
Personally I think Brodeur played very well, especially through the playoffs, I believe he has shown he can definitely play at least one more year. Good for NJ to sign him once again.

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page