Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 2013 Random Predictions

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sahis34 Posted - 01/17/2013 : 13:20:21
Predict whatever the hell you want
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 04/30/2013 : 19:56:16
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Great bet Slozo! I like it.

I accept, assuming standard avatar of the winners team through the offseason???

Daniel Alfredsson is the MVP of the universe. All hail the Ottawa Senators!!!!!

Beans,

You owe me a Leafs avatar, dude.

Waiting!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest9808 Posted - 04/30/2013 : 15:23:03
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

After posting that Boston is the favorite to win the East I have a feeling Toronto is gonna gut it out. They have the size, speed, forwards and goalies to push Boston. With Boston coming in a little deflated I think Toronto might be the right team to match up with them. Hey Slozo, would you bet against your team in the 1st round then.

Woah there. You taking this TO love too far even if you lost that regular season bet.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/30/2013 : 11:27:28
After posting that Boston is the favorite to win the East I have a feeling Toronto is gonna gut it out. They have the size, speed, forwards and goalies to push Boston. With Boston coming in a little deflated I think Toronto might be the right team to match up with them. Hey Slozo, would you bet against your team in the 1st round then.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/29/2013 : 13:24:22
Funny neither myself or Slozo is willing to bet on there team against Boston. Thats respect my friend. That being said Toronto has a good chance to take Boston in the 1st round with the struggles as of late if they dont wake up the sleeping giant.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Alex116 Posted - 04/29/2013 : 11:12:08
Slozo, i don't blame you for not wanting to bet them, unless of course the person offering to bet you was taking a team in a similar position as an underdog. I'll tell you one thing though, the Leafs are getting Boston at a really good time as the B's haven't been playing well at all for almost a month now. I hear people claim that their poor play is a result of the Boston Marathon incident but i don't buy that. I don't know what it is with the Bruins but they're struggling big time right now. Montreal opened the door for them and they didn't walk in.
n/a Posted - 04/29/2013 : 06:16:02
I am not betting anyone that Toronto beats Boston, it would just be a foolish bet. Not saying that the Leafs couldn't pull off the upset . . . they COULD . . . but, it'd be a big one, in terms of upsets.

I don't see Boston going past 2nd round this year. Rask would be the reason, and a slower, older Chara. And . . . they don't seem to have as much scoring as needed this year. When Marchand is your leading scorer . . . as good a second or third liner as he is . . . that spells trouble for me.

Alex116 Posted - 04/28/2013 : 22:11:01
quote:

I have my reasons for picking Boston for the East. Biggest reasons are this team has won in all recently and is always dangerous. The events a few weeks ago were part of the reason for Bostons fall in the standings. I think in a 7 game series the Teams left in the East can't shutdown Boston, as well as Bosotn can shut them down. They were my pick to win the Cup at the beginning of the season. Goalie, depth at forward and defense. Size grit and experience. Basically everything I want my team to gain from this round in the playoffs against Montreal.

Fair enough, however.......
What do you mean "your team"? Your team plays the Bruins, not the Habs!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/28/2013 : 20:53:33
I have my reasons for picking Boston for the East. Biggest reasons are this team has won in all recently and is always dangerous. The events a few weeks ago were part of the reason for Bostons fall in the standings. I think in a 7 game series the Teams left in the East can't shutdown Boston, as well as Bosotn can shut them down. They were my pick to win the Cup at the beginning of the season. Goalie, depth at forward and defense. Size grit and experience. Basically everything I want my team to gain from this round in the playoffs against Montreal.

Alex116 Posted - 04/28/2013 : 20:01:57
Joshua, how is Boston your favorite to win the east? They've been really bad for the past month! Really need to turn their game around if they're gonna make it anywhere near the final!!!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/28/2013 : 19:53:47
Well the matchup is set, Ottawa vs Montreal and I for one feel Ottawa has a good chance to matchup well vs Montreal. Not a slam dunk by any means but I would rather have my team face Montreal than any of the other Top 4 teams in the East. Of course this means 1 Canadian team won't make the 2nd round and in the end I want a Canadian team to win the cup. Glad you took the bet Beans. Wondering if Slozo is gonna take my bet now that Toronto is facing Boston, which to me is the Favorite in the East to win the Cup.

Alex116 Posted - 04/28/2013 : 11:34:45
"A cop out" Beans? Really? Tough crowd. He's letting you bet the higher (much higher, maybe 1 vs 8) seed and yet not letting Boston be one of them is a "cop out"? Ouch. You do realize, you may have Pittsburgh vs his Ottawa??? Personally, i'd have taken the love for my team out and skipped this wager if i were Joshua.

Having said all that.....GO SENS!
Guest9808 Posted - 04/27/2013 : 19:34:16
quote:
Done deal. I take anyone over Ottawa for my signature and your avatar. Bet is void if Boston plays Ottawa. That's a cop out but I'll agree anyway.

Well the table is set for Ottawa with their game against Boston on Sunday. Lose and they play Pittsburgh. Win and they play Montreal.
Beans15 Posted - 04/27/2013 : 13:36:57
quote:

Ok, I will go in blind without knowing the opponent now, but my terms are in can't be Boston, as I have little faith Ottawa can beat Boston this year. My signature is already changed for the remainder of the playoffs, but will offer my Avatar to one of your chosing for the remainder of the playoffs and offseason for a signature for the senators, preferring Neil to be your player of praise. You like the terms?

quote:

quote:

Im figuring as a celebratory gesture now that Ottawa is in the playoffs, signature is in effect for our bet Slozo, as your Leafs are too far ahead. Congrats. Have to figure out a playoff bet that I can redeem myself.

Hey Bean's you mentioned a playoff bet which you might consider. Any ideas at this point.

Who ever Ottawa plays in the first round, I will take that team to win. Basically, the bet is Ottawa doesn't make it out of the first round. My signature is on the line. Do you agree and if so, what are your stakes.

Done deal. I take anyone over Ottawa for my signature and your avatar. Bet is void if Boston plays Ottawa. That's a cop out but I'll agree anyway.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/27/2013 : 11:43:39
Ok, I will go in blind without knowing the opponent now, but my terms are in can't be Boston, as I have little faith Ottawa can beat Boston this year. My signature is already changed for the remainder of the playoffs, but will offer my Avatar to one of your chosing for the remainder of the playoffs and offseason for a signature for the senators, preferring Neil to be your player of praise. You like the terms?

quote:

quote:

Im figuring as a celebratory gesture now that Ottawa is in the playoffs, signature is in effect for our bet Slozo, as your Leafs are too far ahead. Congrats. Have to figure out a playoff bet that I can redeem myself.

Hey Bean's you mentioned a playoff bet which you might consider. Any ideas at this point.

Who ever Ottawa plays in the first round, I will take that team to win. Basically, the bet is Ottawa doesn't make it out of the first round. My signature is on the line. Do you agree and if so, what are your stakes.

Beans15 Posted - 04/26/2013 : 13:59:40
quote:

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/26/2013 : 08:08:24
So Slozo, you wanna keep the theme of Ottawa vs Toronto for bets for Signature after the playoffs.

1 point for games played, 2 points for games won, 1 top forward points + 1 top defense points, +2 points for shutout, goal differential.

Or we can keep it simple and go games won with a tie breaker being goal differential.

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/26/2013 : 07:48:17
Im just so happy Im watching Sens hockey in meaningful games this late in April, I can get over the Phaneuf hate to post some. Good on the 4 Canadian teams to make the playoffs. Not hating on the Leafs as much this year, either, will cheer for them up to the point they play the Sens in the Playoffs.

n/a Posted - 04/26/2013 : 05:39:42
quote:

Wow, three days EARLY to get that love out there for my man Phaneuf! That's awesome bud, glad to see you as a fully converted Leafs fan now!!!

Yes, I will be milking this for quite a while.

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/25/2013 : 19:26:45

n/a Posted - 04/17/2013 : 08:47:34
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81

I am enjoying every last bit of this. Good job Slozo!

It's delightful, isn't it?

To the Leafs! (clinking glasses)

Leafs81 Posted - 04/16/2013 : 09:29:09
I am enjoying every last bit of this. Good job Slozo!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/15/2013 : 14:59:25
Hating that Phaneuf is the guy I have to praise here. I want you to know I was a big fan prior to relocation to Toronto, since that point he holds a special place of hate for me. Why oh why did you have to pick Phaneuf of all those to praise. Could be worse you could have asked me to praise Burke
n/a Posted - 04/14/2013 : 04:59:46
quote:

Hey Slozo, 2 games later and the gap has closed some. I just have to hope your forwards and Phanuef go silent, while mine awaken.

Goal Differential

Ottawa +12 Toronto +11 = +1 Joshua

Points in Standings

Ottawa 48 Toronto 49 = +1 Slozo

Team Shutouts

Ottawa 4 Toronto 4 = 0

Top 2 forwards points

Ottawa 49 Toronto 80 = +31 Slozo

Top Defense Points

Ottawa 22 Toronto 24 = +2 Slozo

Your ahead by 33. Not bad but a lot closer than the 46 from 2 games ago. I think if we went back 2-3 weeks this was a lot closer prior to Ottawa's 5 game losing streak. One can always hope, because praising Phaneuf is against my religion.

Sorry to report it sir, but you just got Phaneuf'ed!

+3 on you on the goal differential now!
+3 on the points in standings!
. . . and the capper, and a big reason why things are the way they are . . . my man DION with a big goal last evening . . . that's now a +3 on the top defenceman points

I like the fact that you still have hope though . . .

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/13/2013 : 07:58:21
Hey Slozo, 2 games later and the gap has closed some. I just have to hope your forwards and Phanuef go silent, while mine awaken.

Goal Differential

Ottawa +12 Toronto +11 = +1 Joshua

Points in Standings

Ottawa 48 Toronto 49 = +1 Slozo

Team Shutouts

Ottawa 4 Toronto 4 = 0

Top 2 forwards points

Ottawa 49 Toronto 80 = +31 Slozo

Top Defense Points

Ottawa 22 Toronto 24 = +2 Slozo

Your ahead by 33. Not bad but a lot closer than the 46 from 2 games ago. I think if we went back 2-3 weeks this was a lot closer prior to Ottawa's 5 game losing streak. One can always hope, because praising Phaneuf is against my religion.
ryan93 Posted - 04/12/2013 : 19:41:35
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by slozo
4) NY Rangers - What an utter disappointment! Many including myself had them as the leading East contenders, instead, it's been very mediocre, and they are lucky to be in 8th currently. Still, a dangerous team as any for Pittsburgh to meet in the first round . . .

I picked the Rangers to beat Chicago for the cup. Guess it could still happen.

Hey, the Kings went into last season with sky high expecations and ended up barely squeeking into the play-offs before winning the Cup as the 8th seed. So it could happen...at least that's what i'll keep telling myself
Alex116 Posted - 04/12/2013 : 15:32:46
quote:
4) NY Rangers - What an utter disappointment! Many including myself had them as the leading East contenders, instead, it's been very mediocre, and they are lucky to be in 8th currently. Still, a dangerous team as any for Pittsburgh to meet in the first round . . .

I picked the Rangers to beat Chicago for the cup. Guess it could still happen.

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/12/2013 : 08:33:12
Oh I hope Gonchar Scores 20 points in a 8 game winning streak for the sens on the back of Conacher/Turris/Silfverberg's 20ish points and Andersons next 4 shutouts to close the season. But I realise this is a dream, the hill they have to climb to catch up is too deep and the signature will be on as promised.

quote:

quote:

Yah, hate to say that with 9 games remaining, there is too much ground to close for me to win this one. What would you like to see in the signature and I will make it so, once the season is done.

Ha ha, forgot that it would be for a signature . . . hmm. Thinking of something juicy . . . . how's this?

JOSHUACANADA's signature:

Guest9808 Posted - 04/12/2013 : 07:02:07
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2104

Also, nobody expected the Ducks to do this good after the poor season they had last year. Boudreau really turned this team around with the help of Getzlaf stepping up again, I would say Boudreau is the number one candidate for the Jack Adams, what do you guys think?

#1 candidate? No. I think #1 goes to Richards of Columbus.

C'mon Columbus was everyone's pick to be bottom feeders and there they were for the longest time in the mist of the playoffs in the West.

Others for consideration, Capuano - NYI, Yeo - Wild, MacLean - Ottawa, Boudreau - ANA, Carlysle - TOR, Quenville - CHI (on the bubble just based on the fact the way they started the season).
n/a Posted - 04/12/2013 : 04:59:01
quote:

Yah, hate to say that with 9 games remaining, there is too much ground to close for me to win this one. What would you like to see in the signature and I will make it so, once the season is done.

Ha ha, forgot that it would be for a signature . . . hmm. Thinking of something juicy . . . . how's this?

JOSHUACANADA's signature:

n/a Posted - 04/12/2013 : 04:50:00
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

It's always interesting to look back at everyones preseason predictions. Of all of the replies, not one person had Montreal making the playoffs. In fact the highest ranking for them I saw was 11th, with some having them as low as 15th. I didn't put my preseason predictions on here, but I too would of had them near the bottom in the East.

Dude, only myself and some die hard Leafs fans predicted the Leafs SQUEEZING in at perhaps 7th or 8th. Almost no one predicted Montreal to make the playoffs (although I listed them near the bottom, in my heart, I thought they might be a bubble team that missed - but the Anti-Montreal guy in me put them lower out of spite!) . Some had Ottawa in as a playoff team . . . but that has to be qualified with the statement, as a HEALTHY team with Spezza, Karlsson, Anderson in the lineup - not the current AHL squad they have. And although they are on the outside looking in . . . no one predicted that Winnipeg would be a team that had a god chance at making it with a bit more than a handful of games remaining.

The Canadian clubs had a banner year, no question - but part of that is also a failure of at least two teams that everyone pencilled in already as being playoff teams - Philly and New Jersey. Their fall into non-playoff teams (at least, that's what it looks like now for NJ, and Philly is toast for sure) certainly opened the door. That, and, no one expected the Rangers to be fighting for their playoff lives . . .

If I had to rank the biggest surprises based on pre-season musings . . . I'd have to make it in this order:

1) Montreal - leading division all year, light years ahead of where anyone thought they'd be.

2) Philly - Nobody thought this was a team that would miss the playoffs. And they have truly stunk out the joint.

3) Toronto - Some had them as a playoff team barely, guessing that they'd get Luongo or another true starter (me among that group). Nobody thought they'd be the middle of the pack playoff team they are now, competetive enough to be considered a tough out / potential darkhorse even.

5) NY Islanders - on the opposite end, an improving Islanders squad has looked even better than the most optimistic predicted - Tavares has been dominant, the young guns are all firing, the goaltending and defence has been adequate. They will be a tough out in the playoffs, playing loosey-goosey no expectations hockey.

Guest2104 Posted - 04/11/2013 : 20:51:50
Also, nobody expected the Ducks to do this good after the poor season they had last year. Boudreau really turned this team around with the help of Getzlaf stepping up again, I would say Boudreau is the number one candidate for the Jack Adams, what do you guys think?
ryan93 Posted - 04/11/2013 : 17:08:32
It's always interesting to look back at everyones preseason predictions. Of all of the replies, not one person had Montreal making the playoffs. In fact the highest ranking for them I saw was 11th, with some having them as low as 15th. I didn't put my preseason predictions on here, but I too would of had them near the bottom in the East.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/11/2013 : 15:43:17

quote:

quote:

Hey Slozo, I will make you a similar bet to the one you proposed to Beans using goal deferential, Shutouts, Standings with playoff position +2 as proposed, Top 2 Forwards player points, and Top 1 Defensive player points. Ottawa (me), Toronto (you) for signature rights at outset of regular season for playoffs and offseason.

ANOTHER UPDATE!!!
This time it's between myself and JoshuCanada, Toronto vs Ottawa. Should be a much closer battle - the Battle of Ontario!

1) GOAL DIFFERENTIAL
Toronto +11
Ottawa +8
slozo = 3 pts
(this will be a very tight race, but still . . . Sens are trending down, and the pendulum has swung in Toronto's favor here now)

2) TEAM SHUTOUTS
Toronto - 4 team shutouts (2 Reimer, 2 Scrivens)
Ottawa - 3 team shutouts (2 Anderson, 1 Bishop)
slozo = 1 pt
This one will go down to the wire, but I have 1 up currently.

3) STANDINGS PTS. / PLAYOFFS
Toronto (after 40 games) - 49 points, in playoffs (+2) = 51 pts
Ottawa (after 39 games) - 44 points, in playoffs (+2) = 46 pts
slozo = 5 pts
Ottawa has had the lead for most of the season, but those critical injuries and a hugely depleted line-up finally caught up. Could really tighten up though.

4) TOP 2 FORWARDS PTS
Toronto: Kadri - 40 pts, Kessel - 40 pts. TOTAL = 80 pts.
Ottawa: Turris - 24 pts, Alfredsson - 21 pts. TOTAL = 45 pts.
slozo = 35 pts.
Ouch. This is where the game is lost, right here. Obviously, Spezza and Michalek being out just kills it for Ottawa.

5) TOP DEFENCEMAN PTS.
Toronto - Phaneuf 24 pts
Ottawa - Gonchar 22 pts
slozo = 2 pts.
Again, this could have been a huge win for Ottawa with a healthy Karlsson . . . instead, it's a bit of a loss (I think Gonchar has done well to get those totals, actually).

TOTAL
slozo = 46 pts
JOSHUACANADA = 0 pts

This turkey is cooked, my friend.

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/11/2013 : 14:29:03
quote:

quote:

Hey Beans,

I enjoyed the friendly wager from last year and have commited my signature to Slozo. My avatar would be open for one of your choosing for the duration of the playoffs and offseason, against your signature of similar quality to last years bet. I am trying to figure out a fair bet this year between Ottawa and Edmonton. You were a great sport with the signature last year. Problem is I can't think of a fair way to structure the bet as your team is likely gonna wipe my team offensively, but will likely do so with a higher number of goals against.

The only way I can figure it fairly is by goal differential and difference in standings year over year. 1 point for difference in goal differencial and 2 points for team movement in the standings from year end to year end. I believe Ottawa's goal differential will be better than twice Edmonton's rise in the standings.

If Ottawa gets 180 goals for, 170 goals against and finishes in 7th that would amount to 12 points for me, due to 1 position higher in the standings at years end.

If Edmonton gets 200 goals for, 190 goals against and finishes in 9th that would amount to 20 points for you, due to a 5 place rise in the standings.

Hey Johua, sorry for not seeing this before! I would have taken the bet at the start of the season but clearly not today.

If you think of something you wish to bet on for the playoffs, let me know!

Funny part is as of today we would be close. Ottawa's goal differential is +8 and Edmonton is currently 11th in the west. With Ottawa being on the loser end of 5 straight that goal differential is closing fast. It is why I suggested this format of bet. I had assumed Ottawa would score more and Edmonton would rise farther in the standings.
Alex116 Posted - 04/11/2013 : 08:18:36
Slozo....Interestingly, I worked out what yours and Beans' bet would have been between you and i. Who'd have thought at the beginning of the season it would have been this close, and not yet decided?

It would have been just a +4 point lead for me currently, with 8 games each to go and if not for the Lupul injury, you'd have been up surely! Then again, if you had a crystal ball and saw Kadri's breakout coming, you'd be up for sure!
Beans15 Posted - 04/11/2013 : 07:51:46
quote:

Hey Beans,

I enjoyed the friendly wager from last year and have commited my signature to Slozo. My avatar would be open for one of your choosing for the duration of the playoffs and offseason, against your signature of similar quality to last years bet. I am trying to figure out a fair bet this year between Ottawa and Edmonton. You were a great sport with the signature last year. Problem is I can't think of a fair way to structure the bet as your team is likely gonna wipe my team offensively, but will likely do so with a higher number of goals against.

The only way I can figure it fairly is by goal differential and difference in standings year over year. 1 point for difference in goal differencial and 2 points for team movement in the standings from year end to year end. I believe Ottawa's goal differential will be better than twice Edmonton's rise in the standings.

If Ottawa gets 180 goals for, 170 goals against and finishes in 7th that would amount to 12 points for me, due to 1 position higher in the standings at years end.

If Edmonton gets 200 goals for, 190 goals against and finishes in 9th that would amount to 20 points for you, due to a 5 place rise in the standings.

Hey Johua, sorry for not seeing this before! I would have taken the bet at the start of the season but clearly not today.

If you think of something you wish to bet on for the playoffs, let me know!
Beans15 Posted - 04/11/2013 : 07:45:41
I did expect the race to be much tighter than it was. The biggest shock was how much difference there was in goal differential. I have zero faith in the Oilers offensive game right now and I don't expect this to change much by the end of the season. In games that matter the most the Oilers don't score and if it's not the kids there is no one to carry the ball.

The standings are what they are and hat off to the Leafs. But for the Oilers to be so poor offensively was a huge surprise.

It was a good bet at the start of the season. I think most would have agreed the wager was a coin flip. Clearly it did not end up like that but I can't be sour using hindsight and I can't be sour losing a good bet.

I wonder if I will have the same drought of losing bets to Slozo as the Leafs have had their Cup drought????
Alex116 Posted - 04/11/2013 : 07:27:56
quote:

#4 HOME WINS
Toronto - 11 home wins
Edmonton - 8 home wins
slozo = 3 pts, this one as well could even out a bit, especially if Toronto plays meaningless games down the stretch with a playoff spot clinched.

TRIVIA ALERT!

When was the last time THAT (in red above) was suggested around here, or anywhere for that matter???
n/a Posted - 04/11/2013 : 06:27:03
quote:

Hey Slozo, I will make you a similar bet to the one you proposed to Beans using goal deferential, Shutouts, Standings with playoff position +2 as proposed, Top 2 Forwards player points, and Top 1 Defensive player points. Ottawa (me), Toronto (you) for signature rights at outset of regular season for playoffs and offseason.

ANOTHER UPDATE!!!
This time it's between myself and JoshuCanada, Toronto vs Ottawa. Should be a much closer battle - the Battle of Ontario!

1) GOAL DIFFERENTIAL
Toronto +11
Ottawa +8
slozo = 3 pts
(this will be a very tight race, but still . . . Sens are trending down, and the pendulum has swung in Toronto's favor here now)

2) TEAM SHUTOUTS
Toronto - 4 team shutouts (2 Reimer, 2 Scrivens)
Ottawa - 3 team shutouts (2 Anderson, 1 Bishop)
slozo = 1 pt
This one will go down to the wire, but I have 1 up currently.

3) STANDINGS PTS. / PLAYOFFS
Ottawa (after 39 games) - 44 points, in playoffs (+2) = 46 pts
slozo = 5 pts
Ottawa has had the lead for most of the season, but those critical injuries and a hugely depleted line-up finally caught up. Could really tighten up though.

4) TOP 2 FORWARDS PTS
Toronto: Kadri - 40 pts, Kessel - 40 pts. TOTAL = 80 pts.
Ottawa: Turris - 24 pts, Alfredsson - 21 pts. TOTAL = 45 pts.
slozo = 35 pts.
Ouch. This is where the game is lost, right here. Obviously, Spezza and Michalek being out just kills it for Ottawa.

5) TOP DEFENCEMAN PTS.
Toronto - Phaneuf 24 pts
Ottawa - Gonchar 22 pts
slozo = 2 pts.
Again, this could have been a huge win for Ottawa with a healthy Karlsson . . . instead, it's a bit of a loss (I think Gonchar has done well to get those totals, actually).

TOTAL
slozo = 46 pts
JOSHUACANADA = 0 pts

This turkey is cooked, my friend.

n/a Posted - 04/11/2013 : 05:38:03
quote:
Beans,

Although you are still wearing my beloved BLUE AND WHITE MAPLE LEAF COLOURS . . . I do believe it is time to have another wager. And I believe it's my turn to offer terms, so here goes.

I really loved the format of our bet you came up with last year, that was excellent - so I'll try to do something similar here, but it will be a point system. Assume all Leafs are with myself, slozo, all Oilers with Beans.

1) Kessel + Lupul vs Eberle + Hall for total goals.
The difference goes as points to the winner.

(eg. Kessel gets 26 goals, Lupul gets 19 for a total of 45; Eberle gets 25 goals, Hall gets 23 for a total of 48 = Beans gets 3 pts.)

2) Toronto vs. Edmonton - STANDINGS POINTS, add 2 points if your team is in the playoffs.
The difference goes as pts. to the winner.

(eg. Toronto finishes with 51 pts and finishes in 9th; Edmonton gets 50 points and ends up getting 8th spot. Beans gets 1 point since the Oil get the +2 points for making the playoffs)

3) Toronto vs. Edmonton - total goal differential.
The difference goes as pts to the winner.

(ie, last year Toronto was -33 (231 for, 264 against) and Edmonton was -27 (212 for, 239 against) so Beans would have gotten 6 points)

4) Toronto vs. Edmonton - HOME WINS.
Difference goes as points to the winner.

(last year this was a dead heat at 18 wins each, btw)

5) Toronto's top defenceman pts vs Edmonton's top defenceman pts.
Difference goes as points to the winner.

What do you think?
Too over-complicated, or does it pass the sniff test?

WAGER UPDATE!!!
#1 - TOP SNIPERS (chosen before season)
Kessel - 14 goals, Lupul - 8 goals, Total: 22 goals
Eberle - 12 goals, Hall - 13 goals, Total: 25 goals

Beans = 3 points, on the strength of Lupul being out for very long stretches of the season.

#2 - STANDINGS POINTS / PLAYOFF TEAM
Edmonton (after 40 games) - 39 pts, out of playoffs = 39 pts
slozo = 12 pts, and honestly, a huge surprise to all that mostly Toronto is doing so well with their two young goalies.

#3 GOAL DIFFERENTIAL
Toronto - 123 goals for, 112 goals against = +11
Edmonton - 102 goals for, 111 goals against, = -9
slozo = 20 pts, but this is a points total that can go radically up or down in a one or two game stretch between the two teams, so there's hope yet for the Oilers and Beans.

#4 HOME WINS
Toronto - 11 home wins
Edmonton - 8 home wins
slozo = 3 pts, this one as well could even out a bit, especially if Toronto plays meaningless games down the stretch with a playoff spot clinched.

#5 TOP DEFENCEMAN POINTS
Toronto - Dion Phaneuf - 24 pts
Edmonton - Justin Schultz - 20 pts
slozo = 4 pts, yep . . . the underrated Phaneuf takes this one, and for me, a bit of a surprise that Whitney has such poor numbers.

OVERALL:
slozo - 39 pts
Beans - 3 pts

Beans, my man . . . I have some very sad news to tell you my friend . . . I don't know how to break this to ya, but . . . yah.

4 years in a row.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page