Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Year of the Rookies

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pasty7 Posted - 02/03/2013 : 07:46:56
This year their seems to be a lot of rookies playing a huge role on their respective hockey clubs, now that we are 2 weeks into the season who do you think will win the Calder trophy?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 02/05/2013 : 10:30:12
I'm sticking with Tarasenko as he was my prediction in the "predictions" thread a couple weeks ago, but indeed there are some really nice performances thus far by most of the guys listed!
n/a Posted - 02/04/2013 : 04:37:27
It will be a real competition I think by the end of the season. Right now, I'd say it's maybe Tarasenko leading slightly ahead of Yakupov and Schultz (amazing that Edmonton has two leading contenders) and Galchenyuk.

But there is lots of potential for many other rookies to be right there too within a couple of weeks. Huberdeau, I expect him to start racking up points. Dougie Hamilton has fit in seemlessly on the Bruins D, and they will nurture him slowly on a deep squad, so his minutes will only rise slowly. We'll see if this Conacher kid can hold on to his current pace. And there is Granlund, Baertschi in Calgary . . . it's a super deep field.

Which is why I picked up a tonne of rookies this draft - unfortunately someone got Tarasenko before I did (I have Huberdeau, D.Hamilton, Baertschi)

Let's go Huberdeau!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
MrBoogedy Posted - 02/03/2013 : 22:48:32
I wanted to say Galchenyuk, but I really think Tarasenko is gonne be the one,
Guest4315 Posted - 02/03/2013 : 11:53:14
J.Schultz wins it in the NHL and AHL
Pasty7 Posted - 02/03/2013 : 08:07:51
Tarasenko and Conacher seem to be out to great starts,

I have a feeling that Conacher will slow down a bit, I think he is profiting from playing with good offensive talent and a very hot team off to a fast start, I think Tampa will struggle a some point this season and Conacher's stats will go down, not to take anyhting away from the kid I really love his intensity and the way he plays the game i believe he was undrafted and reminds me of another small Tampa Bay player who went on to dominate the NHL after going undrafted!

Tarasenko is my pick to win he is big he is strong and he has over 4 years of pro hockey in the second best league in the world under his belt, not to mention he is playing for in my opinion the strongest team of the Rookies on this list, He will get points because he is good but he will also get point because his team will win a lot of hockey games this season.

Now for where my heart is, Galchenyuk 7 points in 7 games a +5 rateing and his Faceoff % has climb in every game he has played right up to 80% yesterday afternoon. All this while avging about 12 min of Ice time per game, Both Galchenyuk and his rookie line mate Gallegher (6GP 3G 2A) will most certainly dip in production when the habs slide from the fast start they have had but from the short time i have seen both players they both certainly look like the real deal to me.

Nail has shown he is a game changer with 4 goals and 3 of them coming in the clutch this kid could explode at anytime he may turn out to be the Oil's best of the young guns plus his celbrations are awsome!

Of the rest of the board their is a lot of skill and a lot of futur greats anyone of whom could be leading rookie scoring in 2 weeks time so it is hard to predict so early but from what i have seen these are my favorites (albeit two are very bias)

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page