Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 My Hall and RNH for Perry and Briere?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4813 Posted - 02/05/2013 : 18:42:02
Hey just wondering what your thoughts are on this trade... Worth it?

I see if from a couple angles:

1) Perry is just starting off slow and will hit his stride soon, RNH is having a sophomore slump, Hall might have injury issues with the intense shortened season

2) Hall and RNH will start clicking and producing more as the whole EDM team starts gelling together, and Perry just has an underachieving year
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 02/07/2013 : 07:30:26
Every report I read said it was unrelated to any previous injuries and that if he need to go they would have put him in.

I don't think they have a choice anymore considering they lost another centre last night. The Oilers now have only Gagner as the lone legit centre not injured. Horcoff's gone for a month, Belanger until late next week, and Lander might have broke his foot.

Rumor around Edmonton is Hall might slide to centre. Not only does this dimish his value for playing a different position but breaking up the line of Hall-Nuge-Eberle drops all their value a bit.
Alex116 Posted - 02/06/2013 : 15:26:43
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

C'mon Alex, you are better than that.

Other shoulder, unrelated, they said they would play him if they needed to but are taking advantage of a point in the season where they can give him the night off.

Well Beans, whether or not i'm "better than that", i do know a couple of things. First, i don't have time to research something after reading it to make sure it's correct. Second, i can read. From the Edmonton Journal, link provided below....
"So, sounds like RNH is out. I had a look at his last shift in overtime, and it ended with Nugent-Hopkins down on the ice being crosschecked in the back by Canucks captain Henrik Sedin (see screen grabs at bottom). It looked as if he braced himself on his left arm but got shoved into the ice. When he got up he may have been favouring that left arm ever so slightly. Given that was the shoulder that he twice injured last season and which provided a brief scare before World Junior camp, it’s a worry."

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2013/02/06/injury-woes-mount-as-ryan-nugent-hopkins-likely-out-tonight/

Sheesh, and here i was expecting you to claim Henrik should be suspended for the cross check!
Beans15 Posted - 02/06/2013 : 14:48:34
C'mon Alex, you are better than that.

Other shoulder, unrelated, they said they would play him if they needed to but are taking advantage of a point in the season where they can give him the night off.

Reconsider nothing. Nuge and Hall are the bet. Not only do I think they produce more, they play together. Meaning if one gets a point it is highly likely the other gets a point.

Alex116 Posted - 02/06/2013 : 13:39:16
RNH is a scratch tonight with a shoulder injury. Same shoulder he's injured a couple times before? Hmmmm....maybe you should reconsider?
Guest9848 Posted - 02/06/2013 : 12:28:50
Neither Hall or Hopkins has posted a point a game record. Perry just had a 98 point season.
Alex116 Posted - 02/06/2013 : 10:08:27
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8909

This isn't a keepr pool, it's just a one season thing. But after some thinking and reading your thoughts, seems logical that there isn't much upside to accepting the trade, it's pretty much a gamble vs a gamble, except the Oilers players are already producing a decent amount...

I was just thinking that Perry's in his contract year and could explode at the end of the season like the one where he ended up getting 50 goals

That's the only thing i would worry about, but at the same time, RNH could break out at any point. I think you're wise to stick with what you have in this shortened season.
Guest8909 Posted - 02/06/2013 : 10:02:08
This isn't a keepr pool, it's just a one season thing. But after some thinking and reading your thoughts, seems logical that there isn't much upside to accepting the trade, it's pretty much a gamble vs a gamble, except the Oilers players are already producing a decent amount...

I was just thinking that Perry's in his contract year and could explode at the end of the season like the one where he ended up getting 50 goals
markliso Posted - 02/06/2013 : 07:02:12
Agreed. Would be good to know if this is keeper or just this year.

Being an Oiler fan though, I would have to lean towards keeping Hall/RNH. But Perry's explosiveness is scary, I have to deal with that in my own pool.
Alex116 Posted - 02/05/2013 : 19:56:11
Is this a one season only pool i assume? Obviously in a keeper pool you'd be far better off with the Oiler duo. If it's a one and done, it's a real toss up but i'd prob stick with what you have. Briere's not done great numbers wise in the past 3 or 4 years. He may see some "better minutes" with Hartnell out, but with seasons of 49, 68 and 53 over the past few, i wouldn't expect him to do much better than a pro-rated 50-55? Even if Perry bounces back and puts up a PPG, the Oiler kids can prob match the two of them. It's pretty even really. Just don't know if it's worth it really as you're pretty much guessing on injuries more than anything?
Guest9848 Posted - 02/05/2013 : 19:11:56
Thats a tricky choice, Hall and Hopkins could pay off big but are unproven. Perry and Briere will get you points but I dont see either of them having a stellar season. I would say Perry and Briere are a safe choice and Hopkins and Hall are more of a gamble for potential big points but also more risk. Briere also has injury issues tho thats something to consider.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page