Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 hat trick for Kadri

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 03/01/2013 : 18:13:57
see Nazem Kadri's first career hat trick here. all three are pretty good goals.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Duke Posted - 03/10/2013 : 20:12:12
Beans , whers your thoughts on Kadri ??

How many times did you call him a bust ??

Mandree, yes Kadri is still on the leafs so - called third line...wink - wink....but isn`t he now playing center ?? his natural position...moron Wilson had him playing wing with non-skilled players, at least Caryle has some skill on the ice with him...
( except when Orr is there ) what-ever that was about.

Not only did moron Wilson have him playing out of position with non-skilled players.....every time kadri returned to the leafs bench, that a$$- hole yelled him out for every little tiny, tiny mistake....what a leader in player development.....its a wonder the kid didn`t crawl into a hole and never come out.

So glad thet major idiot got fired

I have one question, if any1 has any insight....i can`t seem to figure it out.

Kadri has 25 points.....Bozak has 14 points.......Grab has 11 points......all are center ice-man......why is kadri the leafs third line center ?? Yes, he is in-experienced but he is the ONLY center they have who is capable of plsying the 1st line.....why not give him a chance ?

Keep in mind, he is averaging a point per game on the 3rd line, playing most of the year with only C. Mac ( with any skill )....Frattin has missed most of the year.....and is only playing 15 - 17 mins. per game........

What would this kid do centering kessel and Lupul.......playing 25 mins per game......AND #1 power - play mins ??

Guest4899 Posted - 03/07/2013 : 09:48:05
I put Kadri in my picks for a pool of mine at first he was a little slow I kinda doubted him but kept him now he's really paying off and is in my top 3 for points he was my only player last night and kept me at a good position to take first
Guest4178 Posted - 03/06/2013 : 11:16:10
In my pool (9 players, 16 rounds of picks), Kadri was picked in the 14th round – 123rd pick overall.

Good pick. Based on last year's stats (21 GP: 5G, 2A, 7 PTS), I don't think a lot of people thought Kadri would register in the mid-40's in points in a full NHL season. (Where a player in the 120-130th range in points usually sits.)

Translated into a 48-game season, a player finishing up in the 120-130th place in points will probably tally around 26-27 points. Kadri is almost there already (at the half-point in the season), with 23 points in 23 games.
n/a Posted - 03/06/2013 : 08:30:35
Well, as a barometer for how far off the "can't miss prospect" track he had fallen this year . . . when my hockey pool drafted players this year (it's a keeper pool, we got to keep 6 players this year) . . . no one picked up Kadri.

This is in Toronto, where players such as Cody Franson, Clarke MacArthur, Frattin, Bozak, Gunarsson, all got picked up by someone in the late rounds while Kadri went unclaimed. Of note, he had been picked up the year before - when he was expected to make the line-up and be a factor.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Alex116 Posted - 03/06/2013 : 06:40:33
quote:
Originally posted by The_Gipper

quote:
Originally posted by Alex116
Gipper.....Not sure if you're talking about Leaf fans or those otherwise, but let's not forget, there were PLENTY of Leaf fans who considered him a bust, right up until the start of this season!

correct Alex, i was referring to all comments including those from Leaf fans. most times i would argue that we are our own worst enemy.

Lol....well said! I keep hearing stories from guys in keeper leagues who gave up on him and more or less gave him away! Oops.
The_Gipper Posted - 03/06/2013 : 05:28:16
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116
Gipper.....Not sure if you're talking about Leaf fans or those otherwise, but let's not forget, there were PLENTY of Leaf fans who considered him a bust, right up until the start of this season!

correct Alex, i was referring to all comments including those from Leaf fans. most times i would argue that we are our own worst enemy.
Alex116 Posted - 03/05/2013 : 14:02:21
quote:
Originally posted by The_Gipper

i think Kadri's play this year is clear evidence of the Burke/Nonis strategy to be more patient with their prospects.
i've read so many comments in the last two-three years, on here and other various sites, about how Kadri is a bust and that we never should have drafted him or that we should trade him. but perhaps the truth of it all was that he simply wasn't ready for the NHL. he's only 22 years old. there was never a need to rush this kid. and now it appears to be paying off.

umteman Posted - 03/05/2013 : 13:44:11
Leaves you wondering how many others may have turned into something but were pushed along too fast instead of being given a chance to develop.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
The_Gipper Posted - 03/05/2013 : 09:41:09
i think Kadri's play this year is clear evidence of the Burke/Nonis strategy to be more patient with their prospects.
i've read so many comments in the last two-three years, on here and other various sites, about how Kadri is a bust and that we never should have drafted him or that we should trade him. but perhaps the truth of it all was that he simply wasn't ready for the NHL. he's only 22 years old. there was never a need to rush this kid. and now it appears to be paying off.
n/a Posted - 03/05/2013 : 04:57:38
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4178

In Coach's Corner, Don Cherry dug out a number of clips showing his support for Kadri, and that he should have been playing regular minutes with the Leafs the last two seasons.

Fair enough, but one could make a case that Kadri's time spent with the Marlies the last 2-3 seasons (including this season) have helped his development.

He definitely looks good on the ice right now, and the thing that surprises me the most (aside from his confidence and productivity) is his strength on his skates.

A lot of people commented on Kadri's size (or lack thereof), but he is knocking guys over, and he's not getting pushed around either.

He came into the league three years ago at 6'0" and 167 pounds, but he's now listed at 188 pounds. I understand he trains with Gary Roberts, who has a great reputation for improving the strength and fitness (and diets) of players who work with him.

He started taking a fitness/stamina/strength class with Gary Roberts only pretty recently (within the last 6 months), and although I am sure that helped, it's not the reason he's SO much stronger on his skates.

I think it's a combination of a bunch of factors, 1st and foremost which is he needed time for his game to mature. I think Dallas Eakins deserves a huge amount of credit on the Marlies for this, but of course, in the end, it's all on Kadri. He took all the abuse, media spotlight, immense pressure we can only guess at, and . . . he never gave up. Never threw in his chips, even when at the very beginning of training camp it was arguably his lowest point of his career (he had been accused of being out of shape/overweight, everyone had given up on him already, and it was by this time seen as his last chance to be an NHLer).

Kudos to Nazem for perservering, is what I say. He has just as much talent as many who have fallen by the wayside in the history of young, talented, future 'can't miss' prospects. The difference here is his love and dedication to being an NHLer, and never giving up improving himself.

Guest4178 Posted - 03/04/2013 : 10:25:07
In Coach's Corner, Don Cherry dug out a number of clips showing his support for Kadri, and that he should have been playing regular minutes with the Leafs the last two seasons.

Fair enough, but one could make a case that Kadri's time spent with the Marlies the last 2-3 seasons (including this season) have helped his development.

He definitely looks good on the ice right now, and the thing that surprises me the most (aside from his confidence and productivity) is his strength on his skates.

A lot of people commented on Kadri's size (or lack thereof), but he is knocking guys over, and he's not getting pushed around either.

He came into the league three years ago at 6'0" and 167 pounds, but he's now listed at 188 pounds. I understand he trains with Gary Roberts, who has a great reputation for improving the strength and fitness (and diets) of players who work with him.
umteman Posted - 03/04/2013 : 08:31:45
As he is only 22 and has not yet played a full season in the NHL it is safe to say his peak is still a few years away.

mandree888 Posted - 03/04/2013 : 06:13:56
i was one oof the leafs faithfull that said he needed to go. man o man was i wrong! that being said... duke....... he is on the third line right now...... even though it is used as more of second line he is one third..
The Duke Posted - 03/02/2013 : 11:43:38
Kadri is playing great hockey. Ive always defended him in hockey chats.

Most had him written off, calling him a draft bust, guess he doesn`t look like a draft bust now, does he ?

Wilson always used him on the 3rd or 4th lines, when he did get little playing time. You can`t put an offensive player on a grind line and expect him to produce, it doesn`t happen.

If Randy . C can only keep Orr off his line maybe he can keep his numbers up, Colton Orr cannot play hockey with Kadri....2 totally different player make-ups......whats the point of kadri making beautiful passes to Orr ?.....whats Orr gonna do ? score or something....

I know Carlye likes his phyiscal players and he is very loyal to them. I personally love this brand of hockey...but...you cant have players like Orr on with offensively gifted players like Kadri.

Anyway, hope he keeps it up, great job.

umteman Posted - 03/02/2013 : 04:48:56
I've only seen him play once or twice before as I just don't see the Leafs all that often, but he is only about 22 y/o so he is a player to watch as he will only get better.

n/a Posted - 03/01/2013 : 21:19:47
The third goal was the best, it was an awesome dangle and great wrister.

He's got some serious game, and obviously this was the highlight of his NHL career so far . . . here's hoping there's many more to come.

umteman Posted - 03/01/2013 : 18:28:28
you will need to scroll down about 3/4 of the page to get to the clip.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page