Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Who for the Vezina

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/26/2013 : 09:18:24
I started this topic to get others opinions of who should be in consideration for the Vezina.

Bobrovsky 20 - 11, .931 Save% - 2.03 GAA - 4 Shutouts

Rask 19 - 9, .930 Save% - 1.97 GAA - 5 Shutouts

Lundqvist 23 - 16, .925 Save% - 2.10 GAA - 1 Shutout

Neimi 24 - 11, .925 Save% - 2.14 GAA - 4 Shutouts

Emery 17 - 1, .922 Save% - 1.94 GAA - 3 Shutouts

Crawford 18 - 5, .925 Save%- 1.88 GAA - 3 Shutouts

Anderson 12 - 8, .942 save% - 1.68 GAA - 3 shutouts

For the sake of the fact Emery played in 18 games with only 1 loss, 3 Shutouts, with similar stats to those of Crawford I have included both goalies for Chicago. For the record if Vezina or another trophey was created to recognize team goaltending accomplishments, Chicago's duo should be recognized for this seasons accomplishments. But I also believe this will be the reason neither wins this years Vezina. I think it will come down to Bobrovsky - Neimi - Rask and an outside chance of Anderson even being considered, should he start, maintain his stats in Ottawa's final 2 games.

I would think it will be Bobrovsky taking home this years Vezina, as he is the MVP for a team most considered a bottom feeder coming into this season, but all of the Goalie's listed above have had exceptional season this year.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 05/08/2013 : 11:24:58
I still think Bob wins it. I know if i were a voter, i wouldn't hold the non playoff team against him. Heck, they tied for 8th and lost out on a ticket to the dance on a tiebreaker!!!

Also, i think that franchise has been such a laughing stock that voters who are having a tough time deciding, may lean his way outta sympathy if nothing else!!! Also, those voters more in the know could very well say "Holy $#%&, that guy put up those numbers THERE?"!!!

Niemi is right there too, numbers wise and i won't be the least bit surprised if he does win it. It would be deserving, as would Bobrovsky. Lundqvist, just doesn't fit to me this year. Nice numbers, but not better than the other two, simple as that.
@valanche Posted - 05/08/2013 : 10:45:56
I like Niemi he was consistent throughout the whole year and was near the top in all categories.

Bobby gets vezina if CBJ make playoffs. No playoffs no vezina.

66 is > than 99
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/08/2013 : 08:25:59
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2013/05/08/sp-nhl-vezina-trophy-finalists.html

Vezina finalist Bobrovsky, Neimi and Lundqvist as expected. The only kinda surprise is Rask not nominated above Lundqvist, but all had decent seasons.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/27/2013 : 11:35:13
Interesting story is a #1 goalie who leads the league in both GAA and Save % who plays 50% of a teams games generally wins the Vezina. Being that Anderson is close to, but less than 50% of games played, his win record isn't as spectacular as Emery, Crawford and others, he likely wont win but should definitly receive consideration. As a player fan I had wished he would have rushed back a few games sooner for the trophy consideration. A a fan of the team first I am glad he came back close to the trade dealine which provided flexibility for management to play Bishop enough for trade value. Conacher is working out fine with the remainder of the Senators, now Ottawa has no dilemma moving forward with Lehner and Anderson.

Has the Vezina been won by a goalie who played less than 50% of his teams games?

Guest0653 Posted - 04/27/2013 : 09:49:00
My choice is Bobrovsky. The Vezina is for the best goalie in the NHL. At the moment, and this likely changes week to week, are Anderson, Rask and Bobrovsky. Anderson's injury caused him too miss too many games, so this drops him down just slightly. Rask plays for a strong team, which also drops him down slightly, leaving, and I cringe at the thought, Bobrovsky.
I still think Lundqvuist is the best goalie in the NHL, but he just didn't have a Vezina season. Carey Price is my 2nd rated BTW. The Vezina is based on the season, not career, that's why I think Borovsky is the winner.
Guest4521 Posted - 04/26/2013 : 18:47:41
Bob's stats are insane considering the team he is playing for, he might even get my MVP vote.
Guest4587 Posted - 04/26/2013 : 15:46:11
Corey Crawford !!
Guest4587 Posted - 04/26/2013 : 15:44:48
Corey Crawford !!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/26/2013 : 13:47:07
To be honest I didn't add Schneider to the list and almost didn't add Lundqvist to the list due to early season struggles and the fact neither led the league in any particular stat. The reason I added Lundqvist was due to the amount of games played at 39 compared to Schneider at 27 with similar stats. Looking at the 5 shutout in 27 games is impressive and I am not taking away from his ability or this year accomplishments. Think him and Loungo would also be in the Jennings running, now that I understand that criteria

nuxfan Posted - 04/26/2013 : 13:28:18
I too think it will be Bob, he's had a great year, and with a below average team as well. To do what he's done on CBJ, vs how Niemi has done with SJ or Emery/Crawford with CHI, its in a whole other category IMO. Due to bias, I would also tentatively add Schneider to your original list: 17-9, 2.11 GAA, .927%, 5SO, he's had the year we all thought he would when VAN went with him as the starter at the beginning of the year.

The really nice thing about Bob winning would be the gigantic finger that he could give to PHI... he was essentially discarded when they picked up Bryz 2 years ago.

@Joshua - the Jennings trophy recognizes team goaltending, it is given to the team's goaltenders that combine to have the lowest GAA. Goalies considered must appear in 25 games over the course of a full season.
Alex116 Posted - 04/26/2013 : 10:48:31
I know with the Hart, there's always talk of how a guy who's team didn't make the playoffs shouldn't win so i'm wondering if there's a similar trend with the Vezina??? Having said that, I think BOB is gonna get it, regardless of whether or not CBJ gets in the playoffs. If they don't get in, they will be so close that i don't see how voters could alter their selections because of this.

Also, as far as the Hawks and their goalie tandem winning an award, there is the Jennings trophy, given to "the goalkeeper(s) having played a minimum of 25 games for the team with the fewest goals scored against it." during the regular season. Now, with the lockout, this "25 GP" thing would obviously be altered and both Crawford and Emery you'd think would qualify. However, this is not a slam dunk that Chicago will win this, even with these gaudy goaltending numbers. Here's where team GA's currently sits:

Chicago 98GA with 2 games left. (vs Cal, @ StL)
Ottawa 100GA with 2 games left. (vs Phi, @ Bos)
Boston 102GA with 2 games left. (@ Wsh, vs Ott)

Chicago is in good shape with games vs Calgary and a suddenly offensively starved Blues team, but it's certainly not a done deal!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page