Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Calgary
 Calgary

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 06/22/2013 : 10:40:40
Crazy! Unless this is the way they plan on slowing down the speed of their provincial rival Oilers, i'd say there's some work to be done on this ice surface!

All kidding aside, stay safe Calgary!

https://twitter.com/Ally1kinobi/status/348379309611814912

ETA....the first post says it's a fake pic and has a link to another? Seems it might be right (fake) as the seats are blue and the Saddledome seats are red, no?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 06/25/2013 : 08:29:19
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Reports are the entire sub-surface has seen damage. Dressing rooms, the jumbo tron (that was at ground level for storage), et al.

That said, I have no doubt they will be ready to go. Most if not all of that level is cement meaning there are no issues structurally from the flooding. Interior work can start nearly any day.

For those not aware, the Saddledome is in Stampede Park which is less than 2 weeks away from hosting their flagship event. The planning group say they will have the Stampede come "Hell or High Water" (I think pun intended). That remains to be seen but I think the Saddledome will be ok.

On a side note and not to make the current situation any less tragic, but could you imagine if this flooding would have happened during the Stampede?? Nothing like 100,000 or so more people in the city and most of them near the Stampede grounds or downtown to make an epic flood even worse.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

Was it on here someone commented or did i read it elsewhere about hotels "gouging" desperate people needing rooms after being evacuated? Such a disgusting move / business practice! In times like these tragic events, many offer to help others including total strangers, yet some choose to pray on the desperate. Apparently there are laws in the US that prevent this sort of "gouging" and i think we need to consider the same here!

As for the Saddledome, i too think it's quite likely it'll be ready for Oct's openning night. As Beans mentioned, structurally it should be fine and when it comes to the cosmetic side of things, these reno company's accmoplish amazing things in short periods of time.
Beans15 Posted - 06/25/2013 : 06:47:25
Reports are the entire sub-surface has seen damage. Dressing rooms, the jumbo tron (that was at ground level for storage), et al.

That said, I have no doubt they will be ready to go. Most if not all of that level is cement meaning there are no issues structurally from the flooding. Interior work can start nearly any day.

For those not aware, the Saddledome is in Stampede Park which is less than 2 weeks away from hosting their flagship event. The planning group say they will have the Stampede come "Hell or High Water" (I think pun intended). That remains to be seen but I think the Saddledome will be ok.

On a side note and not to make the current situation any less tragic, but could you imagine if this flooding would have happened during the Stampede?? Nothing like 100,000 or so more people in the city and most of them near the Stampede grounds or downtown to make an epic flood even worse.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

nuxfan Posted - 06/24/2013 : 22:31:54
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4696

I seen the real pic of the Dome and damn does it look Bad.. They say they well be ready for up coming season we well see I guess...

I aint talking about the Pic with people in the stands and Lights on..

given water up to the 8th row and everything at ice level completely destroyed, I don't know how they're going to be ready for opening in only 2.5 months time.... and given the rest of the destruction in the city, I would think construction workers and cleanup crews are going to be in demand... something tells me CGY will not start the season in the Saddledome this year.
Guest4696 Posted - 06/24/2013 : 21:50:47
I seen the real pic of the Dome and damn does it look Bad.. They say they well be ready for up coming season we well see I guess...

I aint talking about the Pic with people in the stands and Lights on..
Beans15 Posted - 06/24/2013 : 08:59:14
Very, very, very fake pictures. Firstly, if you look closely there are people in the stands.

Secondly, if there is a pool of water up to the 10th row, does anyone think the power would be on???

I did see a pick that appeared to be the Saddledome with a flashlight across the stadium. Looks really poor but there is certainly water in the 'dome.

It has very scare in Calgary and all of southern Alberta this past week. It is the worst flooding this province has ever seen.

Guest4696 Posted - 06/24/2013 : 01:26:50
Very sad in Cow town...

What is Pssng me off so much is they are worries about the STAMPEDE who cares about the GONG show.. Stampede park wont be up and running in time..12 days tell it starts..

Flames in trouble for next season going to be Very costly to repair..And if they can get it done in time...

I wonder if they well have to tear down the saddle dome because of Mold and crap from the water..

No idea just a Question..?
sahis34 Posted - 06/22/2013 : 11:18:32
Good things the flames aren't playing hockey right now, the games would have to be cancelled, but then again the odds of this is so unlikely I mean the flames playing in the final please. Oh and the storm too...

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page