Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Bergeron is in the hospital

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 06/26/2013 : 18:24:01
Punctured lung:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-roundup-bruins-bergeron-punctured-233121589--nhl.html

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest2388 Posted - 06/27/2013 : 14:57:05
ya a punctured lung is nothing to laugh at.
bergeron certainly should not have been playing.

my friend punctured his lung once and i've never seen someone in more discomfort.... how bergeron even played is beyond me.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 06/27/2013 : 08:55:09
Playing with a bad shoulder is nothing new, but if they knew about the punctured lung, someone should come down hard on them. This is the same type of injury that almost killed Lindros and was why he moved on from Philly.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Alex116 Posted - 06/27/2013 : 08:13:40
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

I know this will go down in hockey lore . . . super tough guy to play with a punctured lung, seperated shoulder . . . I mean, honestly, I don't know what pain drugs he was on, but that's seriously crazy . . .

. . . but thinking about it, how screwed would the Bruins medical staff have been in Bergeron had gotten seriously hurt, or had DIED, as a result of allowing him on the ice with those serious ailments? This is where I really question the players association and their supposed Health and Saety committee . . . it's really not on top of issues like this.

Shouldn't there be an investigation, for instance, into the Bruins medical staff? Something?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Very well said Slozo... It's no different than letting a guy play after a serious concussion and hiding the evaluation from the rest of the world.
n/a Posted - 06/27/2013 : 07:11:10
I know this will go down in hockey lore . . . super tough guy to play with a punctured lung, seperated shoulder . . . I mean, honestly, I don't know what pain drugs he was on, but that's seriously crazy . . .

. . . but thinking about it, how screwed would the Bruins medical staff have been in Bergeron had gotten seriously hurt, or had DIED, as a result of allowing him on the ice with those serious ailments? This is where I really question the players association and their supposed Health and Saety committee . . . it's really not on top of issues like this.

Shouldn't there be an investigation, for instance, into the Bruins medical staff? Something?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page