Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Daniel Briere

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4696 Posted - 06/20/2013 : 22:38:45
The kid has talent where is he going to end up next yr..
He lives with his kids in Philly can't see him going very far from them..
cheap contract go to the pens Close to home.????
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 07/05/2013 : 06:18:54
Not a bad signing, I think . . . a good deal in terms of term and amount.

Sure, Briere is not a big guy, but he is not a pushover at all, and he is productive, and a legitimate 1st line centre. Plekanec moving to the second line, and the domino effect of that, greatly improves the team no doubt.

If he stays off the IR, it'll be a great deal for Montreal.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Alex116 Posted - 07/04/2013 : 23:15:43
Joshua......maybe the Habs will be signing Clowe to help protect Briere and others? I guess we'll know soon enough!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 07/04/2013 : 18:45:06
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81

Good signing for Montreal. Brière brings leadership and great play during the playoffs, so it's good for them. They went after Lecavalier and lost so they got Brière.

I agree leadership and the playoff performances Briere has done is the reason they wanted him, but I just don't think it was the best place for him. With the other needs for big a physical front end talent Montreal needs now, this does not help at all. Worried Briere will be another player injured, because the team can't protect him.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Leafs81 Posted - 07/04/2013 : 18:02:14
Good signing for Montreal. Brière brings leadership and great play during the playoffs, so it's good for them. They went after Lecavalier and lost so they got Brière.
Guest7856 Posted - 07/04/2013 : 17:28:27
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4602

wow was i ever Wrong...

The Montreal Canadiens have agreed to terms with unrestricted free

agent forward Daniel Briere on a two-year, $8 million contract.

Sorry to much for a guy that was just Bought out..

He did not get "bought out" for lack of contribution or production to his team.
Bought out for almost every player and team is going to be because of business or cap hit issues.
So for a guy that was just bought out, it does not imply he is useless and not worth what the market will pay.
What about UFA's then?
Their current team is not willing to take the cap hit or cannot afford the cap hit, so the players are not even made an offer by their current teams.
Are they not not going to be worth their new contracts for "a guy that was not resigned by his team"?
Its almost the same thing.
So, bought out or not, the question is.... is Briere worth 4M year for two years?
Most GM's would say yes given what he will bring to the team.
How do you know what Briere's role will be to earn that money?
It most likely will NOT be for scoring 50 goals.
The $8M for 2 years is probably for soemthing else he obviously has that is worth that money.
That's why these GM's are where THEY are, and WE are here.
AND, that's why Burke is NOT in a GM role, and others (not us!) are.

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 07/04/2013 : 16:30:18
I hated on Philly last week for always going after the big free agents and signing them long term, which Montreal also has a history of doing. The part I like about this deal is the short term 2 year deal and I really like Briere as a player, just not in Montreal. The part I hate about this deal is Montreal is not lacking small offensive players with a history of injury. The bought out Gomez last year, traded Cammi to the flames and Gionta is almost the same player as Briere. Why didn't they stick to the plan of going after a bigger more physical player and avoid an injury risk like Briere. Didn't Montreal lose a round in the playoffs due to having too many soft players or injured ones.

I hope for the best for Briere, but I think this was the wrong fit for him and Montreal. I figured him for a way different team.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Guest4602 Posted - 07/04/2013 : 16:20:15
wow was i ever Wrong...

The Montreal Canadiens have agreed to terms with unrestricted free

agent forward Daniel Briere on a two-year, $8 million contract.

Sorry to much for a guy that was just Bought out..
Guest2302 Posted - 06/21/2013 : 16:23:35
He wont come to Canada he wont leave his Kids in Philly he already has said...
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 06/21/2013 : 10:02:22
Would love for this guy to come to Ottawa. I know we have younger skilled players of similar size, but what Ottawa is lacking is veteran prescence. If Alfredson retires it is only getting younger in Ottawa with the departure of Gonchar to Dallas, Spezza/Michalek routinely out of the lineup and Phillips having a reduced role as he ages. Heard yesterday that Ottawa was Briere's home town and would love to see him lace it up for the Sens.

umteman Posted - 06/21/2013 : 06:10:01
I don't think he brings a really big cap hit with him. I don't know the actual amount of his contract but I don't think it is all that big in comparison to forwards of similar stature.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page