Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Luongo saga continues....

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 07/07/2013 : 22:08:40
This has been discussed / mentioned on another thread but this could be far from over and deserves it's own thread!!!

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22649213/nhl-rumors-roberto-luongo-may-not-accept-return-to-canucks
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 07/12/2013 : 04:59:57
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

30-35 wins? What an I told you so! Wow. Can you think of a more bold statement than throwing it out there that Luongo, who has had more than 30 win in all but one season as a starter and playing on what the team tied for 7th in the NHL last season, will have a 30+ win season?

That might be the boldest statement I have read on this site. Magnificent croc, simply magnificent.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

Rolling on the floor laughing at this one.

A 40 win season would be a bold prediction, but yeah . . . 30 wins is a near guarantee, even with a two week injury thrown in.

I actually predict a very mediocre season from Luongo. To me, there is always going to be a mental issue with not being truly happy, after you thought it was going to finally end and you were going to be rid of this organisation. I think it will be a nagging thing to him personally, and for the goalie position, mentality/outlook is so important. That, coupled with a defence that doesn't look as strong as in past years, says to me, regression.

31 wins, but a high GAA, and Vancouver just misses the playoffs.

Now THAT'S bold!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Beans15 Posted - 07/11/2013 : 22:22:42
30-35 wins? What an I told you so! Wow. Can you think of a more bold statement than throwing it out there that Luongo, who has had more than 30 win in all but one season as a starter and playing on what the team tied for 7th in the NHL last season, will have a 30+ win season?

That might be the boldest statement I have read on this site. Magnificent croc, simply magnificent.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

The Duke Posted - 07/11/2013 : 22:06:04
hahaha....u have a crystal ball croc ??.....i`d say ur right
CrockOShight Posted - 07/09/2013 : 07:46:39
Luongo is a class act. He'll play. He wants to win. This article is simply kicking the tires and cannot be considered more than vacant hearsay.

And, I will also go ahead and pull a Beans' "I told ya so" moment to say that: I think that Luongo will have a great season. Getting him in there starting every night - in a rhythm, getting into the groove... He might start a bit shaky, but around December should start hitting his stride. I'm thinking about 30-35 wins.

Then, Vancouver makes the Playoffs. Loses in the First Round. Everyone blames Luongo even though it isn't his fault...

Guest0333 Posted - 07/09/2013 : 06:56:00
Move Vancouver to Quebec City.
Vancouver brass does not know what hockey is, and fans will not remember the Canucks in two years after the move anyway.
Quebec team will, after getting rid of Sedins, then win a cup two years after that!
Alex116 Posted - 07/08/2013 : 16:29:41
Joshua......I don't think for a minute that he'll do anything but play his ass off! It's in his best interest career wise to do so and he could still be extremely motivated to show everyone how good he can be. Don't get me wrong, i'd be a much more content Canucks fan had they told him a day or two before the Schneider deal, but this simply isn't the case.

Sure, he could hold out, which is what this article hints at as a possibility, but i think he's gonna be back with a chip on his shoulder and some motivation to play extremely well. I only hope he can do so now!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 07/08/2013 : 14:36:32
Do you blame him for letting management sweat it a little. Hell I don't even think I blame him for letting the fans sweat a little, as I am certain he has had a few sleepless nights the last few years. The saga of Loungo is far from over, even if he reports. Aren't you as a fan concerned if Loungo is gonna play to his usual standards when and if he returns to the undisputed #1 position. Not saying he isn't a class act and will only give it 90%, but then again who knows and if so, is he capable of returning to the form that brought you a stanely cup final, with the Canucks.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
just1n Posted - 07/08/2013 : 14:11:58
Yes, weak story. However, the fact that he hasn't come out and said anything at all makes it seem like everything is certainly not too rosy. But what choice does everyone involved have? He would have been traded if there was a partner willing to dance...
Alex116 Posted - 07/08/2013 : 13:24:54
As has been mentioned elsewhere, his options are slim. Chances are, yes, he eventually reports. BUT, if he's unhappy in general, how will that play out? The Canucks are certainly in the worst possible position if they were to attempt to trade him now!!!

Word around here is that while at the WSOP in Vegas, Luongo has spoken to a couple of reporters but 99% regarding poker and not hockey. He's yet to make a public comment regarding the situation, nor has the team to this point. The longer this goes on, the worse it looks to be. He's also not taken his apartment off the market yet, which could mean little to nothing, but it does seem a bit strange. I mean, if he knows his fate is now to remain a Canucks for the time being, wouldn't he likely keep the apartment???

It's easy to say that he's gotta play here, but depending on his frame of mind, it could get ugly yet!!!
n/a Posted - 07/08/2013 : 06:38:33
Seems like a very, very weak rumour at this point . . . no quotes from player or management on it really, other than what I heard Torts say on the radio - he has already spoken to Luongo (no details given on that), and has repeatedly pumped his tires.

He's in a contract, so he'll have to play.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page