Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Stamkos injury

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 11/11/2013 : 20:57:55
Wow, talk about a blow to the TB Lightning and of course potentially to Team Canada, Steven Stamkos was stretchered off the ice with a broken leg after crashing into his own net.

Will be interesting to see how the Lightning fare without their sniper and best player? It's a bit of a long shot for Stamkos to recover in time for Sochi but it's not ruled out at this time. As per Bob Mackenzie, the timetable is usually 3-4 months, though some have come back in 10 weeks, it all depends on exactly where the break is, how bad it is, how surgery goes and how much "metal" is inserted as part of the repair? Stamkos is going to have the surgery tomorrow.

Canadians, keep your fingers crossed!
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
just1n Posted - 02/05/2014 : 14:17:04
With his long term health in mind, it's a good call really. He'll be there in 4 years!
Alex116 Posted - 02/05/2014 : 13:51:14
Wow, a little unexpected i'd say, but it was just announced that the broken leg is going to keep Stamkos out of the Olympics. Huge bummer for Canada.....

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sochi/steven-stamkos-will-not-play-in-olympics-1.1672248
nuxfan Posted - 01/29/2014 : 13:23:01
quote:
Originally posted by Traveller

Is there a time table for Stamko's return. I knw he is skating in practice with the team again but are we talking days...weeks?

I have the opportunity to add him back to my team (I dropped him when he broke his leg thinking there was no way he was coming back) however every ay I wait, I am worried someone else will add him.

I would likely be dropping Jordan Staal for him when the time comes

I would pick him up now. There are only 2 games left before the Olympic break, and he's definitely going to be back after that - so you lose very little of Jordan Staal's offense by acting now, and guarantee your pickup of Stamkos.

I've had him sitting on my IR in one of my yahoo pools - maintained first place despite losing him, so I should be in good shape going forward.
Alex116 Posted - 01/28/2014 : 21:45:33
quote:
Originally posted by Traveller

Is there a time table for Stamko's return. I knw he is skating in practice with the team again but are we talking days...weeks?

I have the opportunity to add him back to my team (I dropped him when he broke his leg thinking there was no way he was coming back) however every ay I wait, I am worried someone else will add him.

Depending on where you sit in your pool, I'd grab him! Actually, I'd prob grab him regardless. Someone picked him up in my pool almost 2 weeks ago! Just beat me to the punch as I'd signed on to grab him and saw someone had already beat me to it a few hours prior.
ryan93 Posted - 01/28/2014 : 17:46:06
Barring him suffering a major setback, it's safe to say worst case scenario for you he returns following the Olympic break. You mentioned that Jordan Staal would likely be the one you would drop. After tonight, the Hurricanes only have 4 games left before the Olympic break. So even if Stamkos doesn't return until after the Olympics, you would only be going without Staal for those 4 games.
ryan93 Posted - 01/28/2014 : 17:41:00
Yzerman said today they Stamkos is still hopeful to play sometime next week, but they have no idea yet if its realistic or not. It's hopeful he'll be able to get a game or 2 in before the Olympics, but it's definitely not a given.
Traveller Posted - 01/28/2014 : 17:32:18

Pasty7 Posted - 11/13/2013 : 07:04:25
Insider Tradeing said 3 to 4 months could be less could be more, so their is still hope!

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
sahis34 Posted - 11/12/2013 : 22:29:55
Team canada has so much depth at centre it hardly matters
just1n Posted - 11/12/2013 : 15:11:57
No chance in my pool now ;)

Hopefully a speedy and full recovery for the guy. That looked so painful!
Alex116 Posted - 11/12/2013 : 09:47:37
Saying now its more likely a 4-6month recovery. Season over / no Olympics.
just1n Posted - 11/12/2013 : 09:21:53
Yikes. I thought the nets on those flexible posts would prevent this sort of thing, but looks like he caught it at a weird angle. Ouchhhh

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page