Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 McGrattan hit on Alberts

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dgg1412 Posted - 12/30/2013 : 08:30:13
I was watching the Flames Canucks game last night it was the Canucks feed. All the panel could talk about was the elbow that McGrattan threw. There was no elbow, Alberts dived. They wouldn't even show the angle that showed no elbow. Absolute garbage. Not only do the rest of the hockey loving world have to put up with Canuck fans and there ignorance but even the people that they put on TV to cover the Canucks are bias and hide video that shows they are wrong. The refs got the call wrong, so be it, but don't report something that is false.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 01/20/2014 : 14:53:41
Yeah 4967, get your head outta yer azz! dgg is so right! Check this out, the head wasn't even contacted! No way this was careless, dirty, or anything along those lines!

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/vancouver-canucks/cms/binary/9332746.jpg?size=620x400s

That may look like his face/head in that helmut, but actually it's his shoulder with a mask on it to make it appear as though it's a head or face! Very clever way the Canucks have figured to try to draw additional power plays since the refs seem to have caught on to their diving! I mean, with a horrendous power play, they need to get practice, therefore get a PP any way you can! Awesome! And, though he didn't really touch on it this time around, dgg in his original post here was spot on when he said "Alberts dived"!!! YEAH! I mean, what player who's been struggling to get into the lineup wouldn't take a dive like this, leave the game after his second shift (leaving his team with an already depleted d corps even shorter for the remainder of the game) and call it a concussion? Alberts is such a team player that he's still faking it and remains out till this day 3 weeks later, in hopes that Shanny will change his mind and give McGratton a suspension! THAT, is a team player!

dgg1412 Posted - 01/20/2014 : 14:19:35
Guest4967 I find it entertaining when someone will respond to a topic with out reading it or being able to understand what was said. The point is that the panel on the Canucks broadcasts are bias and wouldn't show the angle that disproved what they were saying. Yes Alberts got hurt but the hit was clean. It was not a careless or dirty play. But once again as you said a FAN of another team will make stupid comments sounds about right with your comments. If you watched the game (you might have but if you are a Canucks fan then you don't watch the same way everyone else dose) You would have seen that it was a clean hit. I can't want for the Canucks to lose another stanley cup final, burn down your own city and blame it on people from every where else. There is a reason that ESPN voted Canuck fane the worst fans in all north American, how do you beat out Raiders, Lakers, and Yankee fans? It is a title to be proud of, hold it high over the smoldering remains of your city. In case you actually read and understand this post, although what I said about the burning (everyone charged has been from Van or the area) and worst fan thing is true the rest is to see what reaction I can get out of you. Let the fun begin.
Guest4967 Posted - 01/20/2014 : 09:52:21
I find it entertaining that so called fans of hockey like to make stupid comments about topics like this really only based on them being fans of other teams and being canuck haters maybe they should actually learn the game and realize that if they got a 20 km hit to the head even if it's the hand or stick it will still at least stun the person people who call that a dive have very little concept of hockey and should learn the game before making stupid biased comments suspension or no suspension really dosen't matter bring back the enforcer the nhl has done a horrible job of policeing the game to many players in the game are being injured by careless and dirty plays
Guest4967 Posted - 01/20/2014 : 09:51:26
I find it entertaining that so called fans of hockey like to make stupid comments about topics like this really only based on them being fans of other teams and being canuck haters maybe they should actually learn the game and realize that if they got a 20 km hit to the head even if it's the hand or stick it will still at least stun the person people who call that a dive have very little concept of hockey and should learn the game before making stupid biased comments suspension or no suspension really dosen't matter bring back the enforcer the nhl has done a horrible job of policeing the game to many players in the game are being injured by careless and dirty plays
Alex116 Posted - 12/31/2013 : 10:53:58
I'm not sure if it's been confirmed that he was knocked out completely however it's likely that the shot to the head (if you don't think there was one, look at the link in my last post) stunned him enough to have him fall to the ice, much like a boxer or MMA fighter has happen to them all the time. Not always are they completely KO'd, but they're stunned enough that in boxing there's a standing 8 count and in MMA there's a sudden fleury of follow up punches in hopes the ref steps in and stops the fight.

Regardless, the hit didn't appear to be malicious, nor did the intent look to be a headshot but unfortunately for McGratton, his arms and stick did in fact end up in Alberts' face. I still hope he only gets fined as I don't think there was any intent there whatsoever.
just1n Posted - 12/31/2013 : 10:20:25
It does look like McGratton actually missed in a way, but he still got his head. Hard to slow it down enough to really see on YouTube tho. Two pretty huge guys!
Alex116 Posted - 12/30/2013 : 14:20:52
quote:
Originally posted by dgg1412

I was watching the Flames Canucks game last night it was the Canucks feed. All the panel could talk about was the elbow that McGrattan threw. There was no elbow, Alberts dived. They wouldn't even show the angle that showed no elbow. Absolute garbage. Not only do the rest of the hockey loving world have to put up with Canuck fans and there ignorance but even the people that they put on TV to cover the Canucks are bias and hide video that shows they are wrong. The refs got the call wrong, so be it, but don't report something that is false.

So, Canuck fans are "ignorant", yet you can claim this was a dive on Alberts' part? Uh, sure.

I didn't see the game, only a quick highlight on sports center. During the opening of sports center, the hit (in slo mo) didn't look all that bad, but at full speed when they showed it during the show, it def looked worse, however at that time, it was still difficult to tell where Alberts was hit and by what.

After reviewing video(s) of it, it appears as though Mcgratton's arms were up in the vicinity of Alberts' face and regardless of whether or not it was actually the elbow, the shoulder or his forearm (i'm still not sure), it's clear that something hits Alberts in the head/face. This, in case you didn't know, is considered a headshot. Sure, i guess you were right to claim "The refs got the call wrong", by calling it elbowing, but is that really that big of a deal when it was a headshot either way??? Before you claim that Alberts was never hit in the head / face, please feel free to click on the proof: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/vancouver-canucks/cms/binary/9332746.jpg?size=620x400s

It's definitely a hit to the head, which is a penalty now in case you were unaware, regardelss of intent. I like McGratton and what he provides his team and respect him as a tough guy who plays by "the code", etc and i don't think he's a dirty player at all. I don't recall him having a history of illegal hits and / or suspensions so personally i don't think he deserves anything more than a fine for the hit being slightly reckless.

Anyone who thinks Alberts dove, embellished, etc should really check their Canucks hatred at the door before commenting as it will just make you look silly. FTR, Alberts has struggled to get into the lineup this season so after finally getting in due to some injuries, what are the odds he'd fake/embellish this injury on just his 2nd shift of the game, only to have to leave the ice, take the rest of the game off and now suddenly be "day to day" with concussion-like symptoms and already be ruled out of tonights game vs the Flyers? Uh, yeah. He dove.....
Guest4088 Posted - 12/30/2013 : 14:00:55
DIVING???? are you kidding me? the guy was knocked out. you must be as stupid as the guys running your organization.
I guess orpik was diving against thornton too? crazy.
nuxfan Posted - 12/30/2013 : 09:11:58
quote:

I didn't see an elbow either, but clearly a hit occurred and the hit was high, so call it what you will. The penalty was warranted, and a 1-2 game suspension will be as well. They probably talked about it all night because it was the only event of significance in an otherwise boring cakewalk of a game.

As for diving... Alberts was knocked unconscious, didn't return, and is likely out for a while.
n/a Posted - 12/30/2013 : 08:33:59
quote:

Hey Beans, welcome back!

I kid, I kid . . . (I think!) . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page