Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... San Jose
 Thornton and Marleau extension

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest9825 Posted - 01/24/2014 : 13:36:12
See that's how you set your pay structure.

These guys get ~$7M/year (give or take) and everyone else's pay follows suit. Unlike some other rich team that throws ridiculous money to useless players and then complain that they overpaid their top defencemen. (sorry couldn't help the shot).
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 01/27/2014 : 06:05:57
I for one, am happy for the resigning. Read the CBC article of the signing and it looks like Thornton had negotiated months ago, but wouldn't resign until Marleau was resigned. I do believe These 2 are finally surrounded by a team capable of winning in the playoffs. I read somewhere they are the 2nd winningest team in the regular season, since Thornton signed and Thornton is 2nd in points during that time to Ovechkin.
n/a Posted - 01/26/2014 : 06:01:26
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9825

See that's how you set your pay structure.

These guys get ~$7M/year (give or take) and everyone else's pay follows suit. Unlike some other rich team that throws ridiculous money to useless players and then complain that they overpaid their top defencemen. (sorry couldn't help the shot).

The GM here is a magician. Amazing.

I have no idea how Thornton and Marleau could agree to this, other than the fact that they must not have an agent, and they are just so comfortable and secure in their situation, they absolutely don't want to leave. Really, especially for TERM, they are taking a huge hit for the team.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page