Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 Booing Comrie

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
oil guy Posted - 10/24/2006 : 06:47:52
As a long term fan of the oil i was disappointed when Comrie asked for a trade but I think it is time to forget about it. The Edmonton fans can show a lots of class but they can also be some of the porest sports ive ever seen. Let us move forward and quite booing him every time he gets the puck, we can not keep every player that has ever put on the copper and blue so time to grow up guys.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest8977 Posted - 11/18/2006 : 15:28:07
Comrie is gay.
ultimatetitman Posted - 11/09/2006 : 13:48:23
What it boils down to is this. Fans pays a helluva lot of money to watch the game they love live.
They can boo whoever they want, whenever they want... as long as they don't boo any national anthem.
Truth is, it's all in fun.
Besides, would you rather a fan run onto the field and beat up a coach? (baseball?) Start a fight in the stands with a player? (basketball) Or boo a player?
Myles06-07 Posted - 11/08/2006 : 19:49:40
Comrie is just a bum who needs to grow up.
bablaboushka Posted - 10/25/2006 : 19:33:47
That last sentence is all that needs to be said.
lyall Posted - 10/25/2006 : 15:52:32
Make millions on a trade or pay millions to keep an allstar? Which will make me more money? And what acting career? Moving to LA sure didnt help much. lol. You already know that though. And they had only been married for a month when the "trade" was announce. 15 million is a lot for 3 players. He's wife may have gave a push or two though. but I think Pocklington is the main reason. As for the booing, lets go for it. He's a corporate whore & a terrible coach.
oil guy Posted - 10/25/2006 : 14:58:13
Sure Peter Puck made a lot of cash on the gretzky deal but do you think he would have gotten rid of him if gretz wanted to stay, there was a tom more money to be made with gretz in edmonton then with him gone.
His "actress wife" and i use that term lightly wanted to be in LA to further her career.
lyall Posted - 10/24/2006 : 20:08:35
Gretzky was sold to LA. Peter Pocklington got alot of money put in his pocket from that trade. Any one with any sense knows that. lol. Any way let them boo him too. I have no repect for that guy.
bablaboushka Posted - 10/24/2006 : 20:04:44
Oh big whoopy about the booing. It's an entertaining, fun part of the sport. If that's the biggest of any player's troubles then he leads a good life.
oil guy Posted - 10/24/2006 : 19:54:34
I do not think that You can even compare the situations between Bertuzzi and Comrie or Pronger. Bertuzzi is a hated player because he put one of the cheapest shots in the history of the league on a player. Comrie could not stand the pressure of a city and Pronger could not stand the pressure of a wife.
If that is reason to boo someone then why is Gretzky not booed?
His wife was the reason he was move from Edmonton and any one with any sense knows that.
Ryan Harper Posted - 10/24/2006 : 09:34:18
When you piss people off, what do you expect? Especially in a place like Edmonton where they live and breath the Oilers. Anyone asking for a trade is going to be public enemy number one. Look at Bertuzzi - he pissed off every city other than Vancouver last season and was rightfully booed everywhere he went. Sucks but people pay money to go to the games and can voice their opinions.
lyall Posted - 10/24/2006 : 08:31:03
quote:
This about last season when Pronger got booed everywhere else he played, simply for the fact that he is a good player.
Should say 'What about last....."
My bad.
lyall Posted - 10/24/2006 : 08:29:35
Booing Comrie is a tradition. just like singing O Canada. It's a part of Edmonton. This about last season when Pronger got booed everywhere else he played, simply for the fact that he is a good player. At least we have a reason. But he, like Comrie, will now always bet booed in Rexall. Pesonally I won't boo Comrie or Pronger, or anyother plater for that matter. But If people wanna try to get inside a players head, whatever.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page