Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Poll - Who would be YOUR franchise player?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ultimatetitman Posted - 11/08/2006 : 13:20:55
You are given the task of creating a new NHL franchise. You may choose ANY current player as the cornerstone of your team. Who would you select?

PS. I know there are MANY other choices... hence "Other".
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
B-rett10 Posted - 12/18/2006 : 19:56:19
"Sid the Kid" he is young and great!
Trevman12 Posted - 12/18/2006 : 19:28:46
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8977

Sidney Crosby would get my vote, but the problem is that he is just like Eric Lindros, both of them were compared with Gretzky and Lemiux when they were young, both of them destroyed the NHL when they were young, both had crappy supporting casts, but both could also have a major injury that will slow down their game.

I still think that Crosby will be one of the best players to ever play the game.
Guest8977 Posted - 11/18/2006 : 12:57:38
Sidney Crosby would get my vote, but the problem is that he is just like Eric Lindros, both of them were compared with Gretzky and Lemiux when they were young, both of them destroyed the NHL when they were young, both had crappy supporting casts, but both could also have a major injury that will slow down their game.
bablaboushka Posted - 11/18/2006 : 08:42:28
Where the little buttons are on the top of the post (beside the date), you want to click on the one with the page and the purple arrow. If you leave your mouse over it, it should say "Reply with Quote".
Guest8985 Posted - 11/18/2006 : 08:23:15
how do you quote things?
framer87 Posted - 11/15/2006 : 16:43:41
LMAO good call

Go Penguins
ultimatetitman Posted - 11/15/2006 : 13:03:52
ROLFLMAO... Good job bablaboushka!!!
bablaboushka Posted - 11/13/2006 : 19:42:50
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2903

Kiprusoff, awesome goal tender. You can have all the great scorers on your team, but with a shotty goalie? who will keep you in it? If I chose top 10, I would go,
1) Miika Kiprusoff
2) Jarome Iginla
3) Dion Phaneuf

4) Evengi Malkin - probably not correct spelling
5) Robyn Regher
6) Joe Thornton
7) Alex Tanguay
8) Joe Sakic
9) Alexander Ovechkin
10) eh, dont care.

Gee I wonder where you live...
toady210 Posted - 11/13/2006 : 16:14:07
Kovalchuk, or Ovechkin

Still havent made up my mind[V

B.g
Guest2903 Posted - 11/13/2006 : 09:53:53
Kiprusoff, awesome goal tender. You can have all the great scorers on your team, but with a shotty goalie? who will keep you in it? If I chose top 10, I would go,
1) Miika Kiprusoff
2) Jarome Iginla
3) Dion Phaneuf
4) Evengi Malkin - probably not correct spelling
5) Robyn Regher
6) Joe Thornton
7) Alex Tanguay
8) Joe Sakic
9) Alexander Ovechkin
10) eh, dont care.
Guest1743 Posted - 11/12/2006 : 09:47:06
I agree crosby is specail and very talented as are most of the other players.But when your comparing him to ovechkin ,, crosby has players on his team to help him get points if I was building a team as a gm I'm taking ovechkin because hes just flat out better. And i think a lot of people give crosby the benifit of the debut because hes canadian . my second choice would be loungo becase u build a team from the back up.but ovechkin is to good to pass up
Guest4526 Posted - 11/12/2006 : 01:25:14
say what u want crosby's only going to get his 85/90 pionts healthy kovalchuck getting 105 missing 8 games,Crosby's over hyped get used to it.
Guest6999 Posted - 11/11/2006 : 15:18:43
I wish I could say Crosby but no, Ovechkin is the real deal.....time will prove it.
Guest6385 Posted - 11/11/2006 : 09:45:49
"Jarome Iginla. Skill counts, but leadership has to mean something!"

I agree with this previous point about leadership meaning something, but then I would have to go with Joe Sakic over Iginla, Sakic is currently the greatest leader in the game and is still posting strong offensive numbers year after year.

Guest4134 Posted - 11/10/2006 : 13:41:59
no way its ovechkin all the way

p.s Habs r gonna win the cup this year[b]
Mikhailova Posted - 11/10/2006 : 13:20:47
I picked Jagr. Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, and Crosby were close seconds though.
Guest8358 Posted - 11/10/2006 : 13:08:20
I Picked Ovechkin. I Find Ovechkin Is An All-Around Good Player Who Trys His Hardest All the Time. I Think "The Kid" Would Rather Be At An RBK Photo Shoot. Look At The Amazing Goal Ovechkin Scored On His Back, Everyone Thought The Play Was Over But There Ovechkin Goes And Trys His Hardest To get It In The Net And It Pays Off. With that I Say Ovechkin Is An All around better Player then Crosby.
Beans15 Posted - 11/10/2006 : 07:18:56
Although there are not that many votes, I am amazing that so many people picked Crosby. He wouldn't even be my 2nd, 3rd, or 4th pick. I would take Ovechkin in a heartbeat. He is just as skilled, maybe even more skilled. He is bigger, stronger, and faster. He is incredibly exciting to watch, and he is punishing when he hits. Not to say Crosby is not those things, but not as good as Ovechkin. The one plus I would put Crosby ahead of Ovechkin is in passing.

However, the biggest thing that separates Ovechkin from Crosby is the love of the game. Crosby went on record last year about how the refs picked on him and you seen him pout a lot on the ice. Did you see that from Ovechkin?? Nope, he played through everything and he just loves to play the game.
Guest4401 Posted - 11/09/2006 : 13:38:14
Jarome Iginla. Skill counts, but leadership has to mean something!
Guest4401 Posted - 11/09/2006 : 13:35:40
I voted for Crosby, but I am not having second thoughts.

No doubt Crosby will be a mountain of a hockey player, and he will likely end up top 10 in most every major offensive catagory. The same can likely be said of Ovechkin, and maybe even Malkin. And how on earth did I forget to add Thornton?

But defence wins championships. Goal scoring is up, and will stay so for some time, but in the end, coaches will figure out a way to stop all that. Plus, defencemen are getting bigger, faster and stronger, at at rate recently unmatched by forwards.

For these reasons, I want to change my pick to Roberto Luongo. The guy will win more games by himself this year than any other player in the league. I don't know that there is any player in the league that works harder at improving his game than Luongo.

So take one vote away from Crosby, and add one to Luongo.
ultimatetitman Posted - 11/09/2006 : 13:32:14
I voted for the Kid, but I am not having second thoughts.

No doubt Crosby will be a mountain of a hockey player, and he will likely end up top 10 in most every major offensive catagory. The same can likely be said of Ovechkin, and maybe even Malkin.

But defence wins championships. Goal scoring is up, and will stayt so for some time, but in the end, coaches will figure out a way to stop all that. Plus, defencemen are getting bigger, faster and stronger, at at rate recently unmatched by forwards.

For these reasons, I want to change my pick to Roberto Luongo. The guy will win more games by himself this year than any other player in the league. I don't know that there is any player in the league that works harder at improving his game than Luongo.
pucker Posted - 11/09/2006 : 09:27:28
quote:
Originally posted by Novie

And I exclude Malkin because he's a star on his own, and would be my second choice...even though I'm sure Sidney adds something to his game too!

Go Sens

Why does everyone suddenly think that Malkin is better than Ovechkin? Is it the goal scoring streak? Didn't Petr Nedved have a huge scoring streak in one of his first seasons? Thats not to say Malkin will be a Nedved, but I will wait until Malkin gets his 100 points before I could even consider him being better.
Novie Posted - 11/09/2006 : 07:00:14
I picked The Kid, only because I saw an effect in him during his days in Major Midget that still continues: He makes the players around him better players.

He played with guys that would score at an amazing pace, then I worked with some of them as the trainer with the province's under-17 team at a tournament. These guys looked like they were using backward sticks! granted, the competition they were up against was much better, but the skills just didn't seem to be there.

And, with the exception of Malkin, he's making everyone a better player in Pittsburgh...can you say Michel Oulette?

And I exclude Malkin because he's a star on his own, and would be my second choice...even though I'm sure Sidney adds something to his game too!

Go Sens
bablaboushka Posted - 11/08/2006 : 16:38:33
Joe Thornton
pucker Posted - 11/08/2006 : 13:34:59
Its got to be Crosby. I know how important goaltending is, but Sidney is a special player that we don't see come around very often.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page