Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 Roloson to team Canada

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
oil fan97 Posted - 04/05/2007 : 18:58:45
Roloson was named to team Canada as there starting goaltender.

Oilers Rule!!!
22   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 03/06/2012 : 21:15:06
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4377

Someone erased the weird spam (thanks admin), but can you please erase my notes, including this one. And can you send this topic back to 2007?

And at the same time, can you please restore my current investments to 2007 levels? :)

Ah, lemme guess.....saginaw crossover? AEV High Steer?
Guest4377 Posted - 03/06/2012 : 21:04:14
Someone erased the weird spam (thanks admin), but can you please erase my notes, including this one. And can you send this topic back to 2007?

And at the same time, can you please restore my current investments to 2007 levels? :)
Alex116 Posted - 03/06/2012 : 19:47:58
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4377

What's this have to do with Roloson, or the subject matter at hand? And five years later to boot!

Can someone (admin?) wipe this out please!?!

Okay, either someone already erased what you were referring to, or else you're replying to a post from 2007? The last post before yours is dated 04/19/2007? Did something get deleted that you responded to? Or were you perusing some really old threads?
Guest4377 Posted - 03/06/2012 : 19:22:35
What's this have to do with Roloson, or the subject matter at hand? And five years later to boot!

Can someone (admin?) wipe this out please!?!
Guest4142 Posted - 04/19/2007 : 11:59:32
Im really surprised with Dallas soon to be out of the playoffs no one would mention the name Marty Turco as a starting goalie he is one of the best goalies in the league, agree?
Eziwrath Posted - 04/19/2007 : 11:01:15
They can take plenty more goalies though,

The Penguins, and Wild are about to be eliminated so that means that Fleury and Fernandez will be available.

~Crosby is #1~
BigShow Posted - 04/14/2007 : 06:43:03
quote:
Originally posted by Saku Steen

quote:
Originally posted by BigShow

Auld? ... He didn't play well at all in Florida, 88.8 SV% is wretched. He took a huge step backwards playing in Florida, his 90.2 last year was reasonable. This guy will be lucky to be playing in the NHL in two years, no way will he be backstopping for team Canada.

True, but what other goalie has experience there?

So you think it is better to play a goalie that has proven to be horrible at all venues, than one that has done well in the best league in the world, but hasn't played in this particular tournament?

Seem to remember Rolly being tolerable in the playoffs last year.... o right, he mae it to the final round of the biggest tournament in sports, with a sparkling 92.7 SV%.

I cannot honestly believe you would throw out a name like Auld in comparison.
Saku Steen Posted - 04/14/2007 : 04:58:41
quote:
Originally posted by BigShow

Cam Ward would have been fine, but Roloson is pretty good, the best statistically available by a stretch.

Auld? ... He didn't play well at all in Florida, 88.8 SV% is wretched. He took a huge step backwards playing in Florida, his 90.2 last year was reasonable. This guy will be lucky to be playing in the NHL in two years, no way will he be backstopping for team Canada.

Belfour? Well he at least had a tolerable year at 90.2%. But with his recent fisticuffs with a cop, i don't imagine the team will want that sort of distraction, assuming he is even allowed to leave the country.

Even though Edmonton collapsed, Rolli put up the numbers. At 90.9%, on a team playing a bunch of young Dmen, and with no will to win, he still makes the top 20 in the league. And the best canadian goalie not in the playoffs, excepting perhaps Cam Ward. And Ward had a dismal season, posting only 89.7%.

True, but what other goalie has experience there?

I've figured it out, the guys gotta play like girls!
BigShow Posted - 04/13/2007 : 13:33:29
Cam Ward would have been fine, but Roloson is pretty good, the best statistically available by a stretch.

Belfour? Well he at least had a tolerable year at 90.2%. But with his recent fisticuffs with a cop, i don't imagine the team will want that sort of distraction, assuming he is even allowed to leave the country.

Even though Edmonton collapsed, Rolli put up the numbers. At 90.9%, on a team playing a bunch of young Dmen, and with no will to win, he still makes the top 20 in the league. And the best canadian goalie not in the playoffs, excepting perhaps Cam Ward. And Ward had a dismal season, posting only 89.7%.
Saku Steen Posted - 04/13/2007 : 12:18:04
quote:
Originally posted by Eziwrath

Roloson is a good goalie but why him? They had plenty of choices, lots of goalies better then Roloson.

Cam Ward
Ed Belfour
Andrew Raycroft
Sean Burke

And more...

~Crosby is #1~

You have made a very good point, the goalies should be: Raycroft
Ward
Auld

Viktor Kozlov is also my hero!!!
Guest4668 Posted - 04/13/2007 : 10:55:59
Roloson is a great choise. He played great this year on a very bad Edmonton team. He had no D. At least in this tourny he will have a good team in front of him. If it wern't for Roli, Edmonton would have done a lot worse than they did. Good choise Hockey Canada.
Eziwrath Posted - 04/13/2007 : 10:36:42
Roloson is a good goalie but why him? They had plenty of choices, lots of goalies better then Roloson.

Cam Ward
Ed Belfour
Andrew Raycroft
Sean Burke

And more...

~Crosby is #1~
Guest6127 Posted - 04/12/2007 : 15:24:38
quote:
Originally posted by oil fan97

Roloson was named to team Canada as there starting goaltender.

Oilers Rule!!!

Well, I guess Canada won't be winning the WC's this year. It doesn't matter though as the tourney is meaningless to the NA hockey fan base.
Saku Steen Posted - 04/12/2007 : 14:25:00
I dunno if this was a good call, Alex Auld I think would have been a better choice.

Viktor Kozlov is also my hero!!!
Mikhailova Posted - 04/12/2007 : 12:35:46
quote:
Originally posted by PuckNuts

What if the US was to name their team for the 2010 games, they would all still be in the NCAA or CHL...Come on MIK...

They would not...Drury, Blake, Guerin, Chelios, Modano, Schneider, Cole, Rafalski, Gomez, Miller, DiPietro....
Besides, I was only picking on Roli because I thought they picked him for the Olympics and not the World Champs. For the WC he's a good choice since everyone else who's good will be in the playoffs. (Plus, all those kids on the Lake Placid team were in the NCAA )

PuckNuts Posted - 04/11/2007 : 20:38:05
What if the US was to name their team for the 2010 games, they would all still be in the NCAA or CHL...Come on MIK...

There are: People that make things happen, people that watch things happen, and people that wonder what happened, who are you...
oil fan97 Posted - 04/06/2007 : 20:27:02
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:
Originally posted by Leafs Rock Planet

Mik. Brodeur and Luongo are going to be in the playoffs while the world championships are going on so Roloson is the next best choice.

Oh this is the World Champs, my bad. I thought it was for 2010.

If roli was named to the 2010 team i would have been what the the coach has gone mad

Oilers Rule!!!
Mikhailova Posted - 04/06/2007 : 19:01:30
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs Rock Planet

Mik. Brodeur and Luongo are going to be in the playoffs while the world championships are going on so Roloson is the next best choice.

Oh this is the World Champs, my bad. I thought it was for 2010.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 04/05/2007 : 19:49:53
Oh i was going to say MAF well i dunno who i will pick maybe Roli

Winners never Quit and Quitters never win
-oil-country- Posted - 04/05/2007 : 19:32:56
Ouch Team Canda's gonna have some rough choices considering the top 5 scorers are gonna make the playoffs.
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 04/05/2007 : 19:25:30

Leafs 4 Playoffs!!
Mikhailova Posted - 04/05/2007 : 19:19:57
Roloson???? They had Luongo and Brodeur to chose from and they go with ROLOSON??

Looks like Canada's gonna have to rely on the top 5 NHL scorers right now...

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page