Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Welcome To PickUpHockey.com
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Introductions
 What position do you play?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SlowShot Posted - 04/18/2007 : 20:33:30
What position do you play or did?

I played Left Wing with a team that lost most of our games. Also I was on the top line which made me sad.My last year before my ankle took me out I was on the third line. Kinda sad how bad I became

Go Stars
23   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ToXXiK1 Posted - 09/10/2010 : 08:42:25
Goal, and for the record, I'm from just outside Toronto.
hanley6 Posted - 03/21/2009 : 22:56:07
I've played since Beginners and Tyke. Became a goalie in my first year Novice and have been ever since
n/a Posted - 03/20/2009 : 05:24:32
tbar - yeah, it was fun. There're a bunch of them all around Ontario and the Toronto area, not sure about elsewhere.

In the league I played in and others, body checks were allowed - heck, everything went that happened in a real hockey game except the hammer came down much harder on fighting (although it did happen occasionally) - automatic one game suspension for your first fight, thrown out of the league for your second (for the season, I think). Wore jock straps, and you could wear light padding if you wanted to (many didn't).

Fast as hell.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
umteman Posted - 03/19/2009 : 22:52:29
quote:
Originally posted by admin

Welcome to the site umteman. Nice to have another ol' geezer around!

Thanks for the welcome Adim. Old geezers need to stick together.
tbar Posted - 03/19/2009 : 07:37:54
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Not sure if it counts, since I as such a terrible skater that I only played ball hockey - but I played for a couple of years in a pretty decent ball hockey league.

Played Big D defence, I was there as a big body to check hard and provide presence. Ball hockey is tough though, very fast, and it took me a while before people weren't racing around me . . .

Sounds like a pretty fun ball hockey leauge. Were you actually allowed to throw hits? I assume you would have to wear equipment if so.
tbar Posted - 03/19/2009 : 07:35:48
I played Center and Defence in Junior and now im playing leeft wing in senior. The only position I have not covered is Goalie in competitive hockey.
I did play in a game in junior where both goalies on our team got hurt and we had to put a player in net it was pretty halarious watching that but we still managed to pull off a 5-5 tie.
n/a Posted - 03/19/2009 : 07:27:29
Not sure if it counts, since I as such a terrible skater that I only played ball hockey - but I played for a couple of years in a pretty decent ball hockey league.

Played Big D defence, I was there as a big body to check hard and provide presence. Ball hockey is tough though, very fast, and it took me a while before people weren't racing around me . . .

admin Posted - 03/18/2009 : 22:50:01
Welcome to the site umteman. Nice to have another ol' geezer around!
umteman Posted - 03/18/2009 : 19:38:13
I never got to play organized hockey because there was none in the poconos (NEPA) where I grew up, but there was a damed creek which by pure chance was about 85' wide and for three months of the year froze over thick enough for pick up games. I alomost always played wing, usually right. I now live in south east PA and the infield of the minor league baseball field is turned into a skating rink during winter so I am thinking about trying to organize a pick up league. That is if I can find enough geezers to play, lol. I sure don't want to be out there with college players young enough to be my sons.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 05/04/2007 : 00:43:52
Well I can play all positions and i am pretty good at them

Good Playoffs Canucks Better luck next season now i cheer the WINGS AND DEVILS GO
fly4apuckguy Posted - 05/03/2007 : 23:33:06
Left wing, but not very often anymore. Just rec, although I've considered a comeback to play intermediate...don't think the knees will let me though.
I'm 36, and will be 37 next year, so I guess my future is in the rec leagues. I find it so unchallenging, though, and not near the level of competition I'm looking for. But, that's what happens...

Enjoy it while you can, kids.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz
willus3 Posted - 05/01/2007 : 20:49:54
I'll give you five guesses for my position.
Defense.

"If you're travelling in a vehicle at the speed of light and you turn your lights on, do they do anything?" - Steven Wright
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 04/20/2007 : 04:28:15
I've been a centre man all my life and I dont think that will change any time soon

Always next year!!
Saku Steen Posted - 04/20/2007 : 03:44:19

This is the 1st year I played defence. Its wierd because the coach said I would make A if I stayed forward, but I've never played defence, and he said I would make AA. (I made AA)

I've figured it out, the guys gotta play like girls!
Patchy Posted - 04/19/2007 : 20:14:04
I played forward for a long time, but last year my coach put me back on defense because our D sucked and I have a pretty good shot from the point.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
bablaboushka Posted - 04/19/2007 : 19:56:58
I was goalie when I was 7-8-9, defenseman when I was 10-11 and forward until I finished Midget at 17. Speed was the only thing I DIDN'T have. I wasn't slow by any means, but I had mad dangles and a sweet shot. My bread and butter was my playmaking though, if I had better speed I could have been a AAA player no sweat. Needless to say I tore up house league though
Mikhailova Posted - 04/19/2007 : 18:51:39
Lol, where are all the defensemen?

I actually used to play center, then switched to right wing. I'm a right-handed shooter, and you don't want to be in the way when I shoot (my friend learned that the hard way ); it's like cannon fire. My best talent's got to be skating speed. I'm like a little Afinogenov out there. Or, "Afinogenova" you could say.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 04/19/2007 : 18:26:39
Im a right winger.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
PainTrain Posted - 04/19/2007 : 18:24:53
Right/Left wing i shoot right but i play my off wing sometimes and this year i scored 50 goals, I've got a howitzer of a shot for my age HAHA!!!!
semin-rules Posted - 04/19/2007 : 05:15:28
I played Goalie for 2 years then Right Wing.

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~
hithere311 Posted - 04/19/2007 : 03:58:03
Goaltender. Don't play no more cause I hate playing on organized teams. So now I just play out at the rink.
Mikhailova Posted - 04/19/2007 : 03:40:25
Right wing
Canucks Man Posted - 04/18/2007 : 20:40:43
When I played I was right wing.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page