Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Ottawa
 Alfresson trying to hurt Niedermayer

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PainTrain Posted - 06/05/2007 : 15:31:58
OK tell me what you guys think of what Danny Alfresson did and aim at Scott Niedermayer the Ducks best defenceman on the blue line at the end of the 2nd period with a puck.

I can't find a video but if someone finds it please place it on here.

For me I think he should have at least got a penalty, he didn't get anything for it and he also sucker punched Travis Moen. He should have at least got one penalty.

What do you guys think?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
willus3 Posted - 06/06/2007 : 13:05:50
quote:
Originally posted by manninm

I think it did actually hit him...Niedermayer went to get the puck which was laying there not to far in front of him....

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself." ~Ken Dryden

Sorry, I meant Alfie tried to hit Niedermeyer in the pills and not the shin.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
manninm Posted - 06/06/2007 : 12:32:22
I think it did actually hit him...Niedermayer went to get the puck which was laying there not to far in front of him....

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself." ~Ken Dryden
willus3 Posted - 06/06/2007 : 12:28:38
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

the guy's a professional NHL hockey player, he doesn't "miss" by such a wide angle.

I think he did miss. My guess is Alfie was actually aiming for Niedermeyer's pills.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
leigh Posted - 06/06/2007 : 11:48:53
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain
3.0 seconds left on the clock
tied 2-2
he was behind the red line and Emery was still in net
No 5on5

To answer your questions

Thanks Mik & PainTrain. Well that just sounds like a stupid thing to do then. But suspension? C'mon! We're not watching minor hockey. Let the players deal with it.
Canucks Man Posted - 06/05/2007 : 21:42:44
I think he should have gotten suspended for that, It was dirt cheap, He goes to take aa shot looks up at the clock then changes his angle and fires it right at Niedermeyer, What a dirt play, then he wouldnt fight Scotty, what a putz

CANUCKS RULE!!!
PainTrain Posted - 06/05/2007 : 18:59:52
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

On the video it looks like he just turned and went to dump it between the two players. But what were the circumstances? What I mean is:

How much time was left?
What was the score?
Would it have been icing (was Emery still in net??)
Was it on the PK?

Sorry but I was hosting a bbq and missed most of the game. Can anyone answer these questions please? Thanks!

3.0 seconds left on the clock
tied 2-2
he was behind the red line and Emery was still in net
No 5on5

To answer your questions
Mikhailova Posted - 06/05/2007 : 18:59:39
5 seconds left in 2nd period, tied 2-2, Emery was in net, I forget if it was PK or not
leigh Posted - 06/05/2007 : 18:25:38
On the video it looks like he just turned and went to dump it between the two players. But what were the circumstances? What I mean is:

How much time was left?
What was the score?
Would it have been icing (was Emery still in net??)
Was it on the PK?

Sorry but I was hosting a bbq and missed most of the game. Can anyone answer these questions please? Thanks!
Mikhailova Posted - 06/05/2007 : 17:52:21
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6916

So what mikailova. guys hit and agression becomes a factor. It's hockey. stop whining. besides you're just guessing.

This was a deliberate attempt to injure a player. You're expected to control your aggression such that you don't go out of your way to injure your opponents. Otherwise you do something stupid and classless like Alfredsson did. And who here ISN'T guessing? No one knows for sure what Alfie was thinking, but the evidence looks pretty damn convincing. And why's it only ME who you think's whining? Everyone else is saying the same thing...
SlowShot Posted - 06/05/2007 : 17:12:21
Everyone in ottawa is complaning about how dirty pronger is well look at alfie he hit drury and tallinder completly cheap shot a puck at the ducks best defencemen and cheapshots alot. Wow what a great leader damn sweede will never learn sundin is better than him

GO DUCKS. YAY GIANTS
Guest6916 Posted - 06/05/2007 : 17:09:39
So what mikailova. guys hit and agression becomes a factor. It's hockey. stop whining. besides you're just guessing.
Mikhailova Posted - 06/05/2007 : 16:52:24
He did it on purpose. There was an overhead shot of it; the goal was straight ahead and Niedermayer was off to the right. Alfie shot to the right. There's no room for any crap like "he was aiming for the goal and missed"; the guy's a professional NHL hockey player, he doesn't "miss" by such a wide angle. I know he was frustrated (though I'm not quite sure why, the game was tied after all), but that was a classless thing to do. I didn't like him much from the beginning (I think everyone knows why ), but that drained a lot of any respect that was left.
PuckNuts Posted - 06/05/2007 : 16:08:21
Technically Daniel Alfredsson did nothing wrong.

But that does not make it right.

It was at the end of a period, he looked at the clock, and there was no need to ice the puck. He shot the puck directly at Scott Niedermayer, I consider that an intent to injure another player, and I do believe that would be a suspendable offence. Since it is the playoffs nothing will come of it...

I had very little respect for him in the first place now I have none...

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Beans15 Posted - 06/05/2007 : 15:47:20
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AgpDN_NFh1w

There is the link.

Firstly, ya, it was crap. It is a perfect example of a frustrated player making a poor decision. But it will keep happening because the league will do nothing about it.

As far as the "sucker punch" on Moen. Moen was third man in as Alfie was engaged with Beauchemin. And it was more of a shove in the face than a punch. Definately no Tootoo on Robidas!

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page