Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Other Leagues: AHL, ECHL, Junior
 College Hockey
 Big Ten Network

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mikhailova Posted - 08/05/2007 : 13:22:15
Sometime in August there is going to be a new channel on ESPN called "Big Ten Network", dedicated to showing all Big Ten sports events, including hockey. For those of you who don't know what the Big Ten is, it's a Midwestern conference of universities consisting of Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Ohio State, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Purdue, and Northwestern. And, technically they did add Penn State a few years ago but they don't count in a true fan's book--they're not in the Midwest, and 10 simply is not 11. So, for anyone who has ESPN (I guess that's just manninm and me, do they have it in Canada?) you can watch college hockey whenever it's on, and it's a great way to keep up with things and get a good idea about the schools and players, since several of the players are NHL draft picks and could one day be in the NHL. For me this is like sports TV paradise (after the NHL), since I'm a huge Big Ten fan and will be going to a Big Ten school myself, but if you have the opportunity, watch the most prestigious collegiate conference on the ice!

Oh, and yeah there are other good hockey schools outside of the Big Ten, particularly Boston College, North Dakota, and Maine, but you get most of the good schools within the conference, so it's good enough lol
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mikhailova Posted - 09/17/2007 : 19:14:39
http://www.bigtennetwork.com/

Found the website. Hockey season kicks off October 12! LET'S GO GOPHERS!!

BTW--the Mariucci Arena (Minnesota's hockey arena) was named #8 in Sports Illustrated's top ten college sports venues. It was the only hockey arena to make the list.

Mikhailova Posted - 09/06/2007 : 20:00:18
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

Sometime in August...

That was August 30. I haven't found a website for the Big Ten Network yet, but if you have cable you can watch it. Can't wait till I move into my dorm--I'll be watching all the hockey games for all the Big 10 schools(except the home games which I'll be at live). It's gonna be fun.
Mikhailova Posted - 08/05/2007 : 19:51:22
Nope, Pac 10 is a conference of 10 Pacific universities. Big Ten is Midwest. The schools in the Pac 10 are USC, UCLA, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Stanford, Arizona State, Oregon State, Washington State, and UC Berkeley (--I don't like them lol)
leafsfan_101 Posted - 08/05/2007 : 14:43:53
Just a question here Mik. I somewhat follow NCAA Football and was wondering if Pac 10 is the same as the Big 10?

Fan of Leafs Nation

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page